S. Daulton vs. S. Fitch 2013 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
backplaying said:
We have some great bank players here on this site

So, how about posting something about bank pool. John, I know you like me, are most likely getting a great tan chasing those fish, but come on, you, Freddy or someone can post something. I don't know how to post the what do you do from here, or I would. Come on Dennis, you're the expert on posting them.

Cowboy Dennis said:
BP,

Trust me, I'm not expert at anything on a computer except ruining them and buying new ones. This is my 4th one in 10 years. That said, I'm very busy. When I'm on an off-day from work I'm renovating a bathroom & kitchen at another house. Mucho work. Floor, walls, plumbing, electrical, ceiling and whatever else pops up.

There's no doubt in my mind that the several people who consider themselves to be the teachers on this site are already studying CaliRed's Greenshot tutorial so they can post layouts, critique everyone's responses and then show what the player actually shot. I'm certain they'll be posting soon.

I still have several weeks of work left, it's tough to only be able to do it on days off but that's how it gets done. I'll be back when I can be.

Dennis

O.K. BP, I built a wall today, mortared down some tiles and hung a door so I have a little time to post a Bankpool layout:).

Daulton just broke the set and made a ball. What would you do?

sd1.jpg

sd2.jpg

sd3.jpg

piggybank04

Verified Member
4 cross side then go for the 2 balls at head of table,continue until theres no shot, then play safe.....

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
6 ball cross corner then maybe 4 ball across side. Too close to pass up.
Rod.

I am almost positive that there is a kiss with the 6 cross corner. Myself, would bank the 9 cross corner, mainly because I am so close to it. The shot requires making the 9 turn extremely to the pocket, a technique I would think Shannon would be comfortable with.

4 ball cross side is the shot with the least amount of problems to solve, the safest and least dangerous of the choices. Even if you miss it, the balls are too clustered for your opponent to damage you severely.

Depending on how you feel should determine your choice. The 9 is the most aggressive choice. If you make it you will have adjusted the balls and maybe have a chance to get a bunch. You will be close to your work no matter what. Making a shot like the 9 has the upside of vexing your opponent, because at first look it doesnt look like its on.

Beard

backplaying

Verified Member
I guess the 4 across the side, even though the 6 looks like it goes without a kiss, I don't think the 9 goes.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I guess the 4 across the side, even though the 6 looks like it goes without a kiss, I don't think the 9 goes.

There is not a kiss to start with on the six, the q ball will get kicked back into the 6. The 9 goes easily, but it requires knowledge of the shot.

Beard

I show that type of shot on one of my DVDs.

backplaying

Verified Member
There is not a kiss to start with on the six, the q ball will get kicked back into the 6. The 9 goes easily, but it requires knowledge of the shot.

Beard

I show that type of shot on one of my DVDs.

You would have to really juice it shooting the nine and hitting it as full as you can to still get the cueball out of the way. The only bank I have ever seen made that I couldn't make was the ball froze on the rail by the side pocket with the cueball froze on the same rail, that someone showed awhile back. I shot it 20 times on a gold crown and didn't get close.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You would have to really juice it shooting the nine and hitting it as full as you can to still get the cueball out of the way. The only bank I have ever seen made that I couldn't make was the ball froze on the rail by the side pocket with the cueball froze on the same rail, that someone showed awhile back. I shot it 20 times on a gold crown and didn't get close.

I'll give you a good clue. To maximize the juice, you get plenty of help if you put on a tip of english and use a 30 degree elevation. You can throw the object ball to the moon with that stroke.

You are speaking of Vernon Eliots trick bank cross side. Even he needed 10 tries to make it.

Beard

Try the shot with the elevated english cue ball and tell me what happens.

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Daulton looked at doing something with the 6 ball, he got down and looked at it twice before deciding on the 4 ball cross-side:

sd4.jpg

He missed the 4 and hit the tit:

sd5.jpg

He left Fitch here:

sd6.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I guess my knowledge is even more restrictive than I thought.

Beard

Adj. 1. restrictive - serving to restrict; "teenagers eager to escape restrictive home environments"
unrestrictive - not tending to restrict
2. restrictive - (of tariff) protective of national interests by restricting imports
protective - intended or adapted to afford protection of some kind; "a protective covering"; "the use of protective masks and equipment"; "protective coatings"; "kept the drunken sailor in protective custody"; "animals with protective coloring"; "protective tariffs"

re·stric·tive (r-strktv)
adj.
a. Of or relating to restriction.
b. Tending or serving to restrict; limiting.

Rod.
P.S. I have no idea what you mean.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Has anybody tried the slightly elevated cue with english yet to see how much you can throw a ball?

Beard

Its like when Moses was telling everyone the secret of life but he was talking into the wind.:frus

A lot of us have been doing that for years. :) It's very helpful advice and works extremely well.
Rod.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Has anybody tried the slightly elevated cue with english yet to see how much you can throw a ball?

Beard

I'll tell you exactly how far you can throw a ball. I'd say about 25 feet from my own experiences. I wound up like Nolan Ryan and tossed a cueball/fastball at a guys head one time. The SOB ducked:( and it hit a mirror or picture hanging on the wall behind the snack counter.

Yep, about 25 feet is right:p.

Dennis

piggybank04

Verified Member

Beard

Its like when Moses was telling everyone the secret of life but he was talking into the wind.:frus

naw, im old school--i rub french fry grease all over the cue ball......:lol

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Elevating the cue

Elevating the cue

Never would do it... now how do you play banks again... can you gamble at that game... does anyone want to teach me?

B

PS thought you elevated the cue to change the cue ball path to throw the ball kind of backwards to the hole... just saying

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Never would do it... now how do you play banks again... can you gamble at that game... does anyone want to teach me?

B

PS thought you elevated the cue to change the cue ball path to throw the ball kind of backwards to the hole... just saying

There is more than one way to skin a mule.

Beard