S. Daulton vs. R. Saez 2012 D.C.C.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Also present in the room at the time was Shannon Dalton, Chris Gentile, John Brumback, Truman Hogue, Gabe Owen, etc., etc.,

Beard

Oh yeah, and Dr Bill. Almost forgot.

This guy is a liar.He waited till I was gone before he said this.I repeat,I was not in the room when he said this.And I'm quite sure when he said this..he didn't say it very loud either,considering there were two or three guys that would have been all over that stupid statement.This guy has been telling you all nothing but lies for as long as I have been reading and hearing his dumbass shit.I'm telling you this guy has never beat one good bank player on the square that I have ever heard of.His whole load of BS is nothing but a ruse.Fred you have pissed off the wrong guy this time.Keep it up and I'll keep bringing it too.You would have had a heart attack if you ever bet over 50$ a game.LOL Come to think of it,I have never even heard about him winning any little bank tournys,let alone a big one.I cannot find your name anywhere near the top of a tourny board!! You got anything else you want to say about us KY boys,and how your the best mover and all that bullshit???? I'll be ready whenever you are,OK? John B.
PS:I just put all them ole shirts in my dog's bed.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Those are some very nasty things to say about someone who has always supported your ass. You must have forgotten when I told you about four years ago that I was going to do whatever it took to get you into the Bank Pool Hall of Fame. You seemed to like me then.

Whether you were in the room or not, I aint sure, but I do know Truman, Gabe, Chris and Shannon were. Truman was standing next to me. He didnt do anything but laugh. He aint as sensitive as you. Anybody who knows me, knows I dont whisper.
Plus I sure wasnt talking about beating anybody at age 71. I am talking about knowing the game -- and I am still doing that.

Another thing anybody that knows me, knows enough not to take what I say personal. Its just wolfin. I aint never knocking nobody. Unlike all that shit you just spread out about me.

I am not even going to answer that "$50 a game" shit, and who bet higher all his life, and me never beating anybody. etc., etc. I know who I am, and the people I have played know who I am.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
Those are some very nasty things to say about someone who has always supported your ass. You must have forgotten when I told you about four years ago that I was going to do whatever it took to get you into the Bank Pool Hall of Fame. You seemed to like me then.

Whether you were in the room or not, I aint sure, but I do know Truman, Gabe, Chris and Shannon were. Truman was standing next to me. Anybody who knows me, knows I dont whisper.
Plus I sure wasnt talking about beating anybody at age 71. I am talking about knowing the game -- and I am still doing that.

Another thing anybody that knows me, knows enough not to take what I say personal. Its just wolfin. I aint never knocking nobody. Unlike all that shit you just spread out about me.

I am not even going to answer that "$50 a game" shit, and who bet higher all his life, and me never beating anybody. etc., etc. I know who I am, and the people I have played know who I am.

Beard

YOU couldn't have kept me from getting into the hof.My record got me there,not you.I repeat I was not in the room when you said that.Do you hear me.?? You do know that I was not there.Just don't say anything else about us ky boys and I won't say anything more about you.Is that to hard for you to understand? Every time I ever catch you doing that I'm coming after you.Got Me? Thanks,John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
YOU couldn't have kept me from getting into the hof.My record got me there,not you.I repeat I was not in the room when you said that.Do you hear me.?? You do know that I was not there.Just don't say anything else about us ky boys and I won't say anything more about you.Is that to hard for you to understand? Every time I ever catch you doing that I'm coming after you.Got Me? Thanks,John B.

Ok, you werent there. But anybody who knows me knows that you being there wouldnt have stopped me from barking.

Beard

I am going to take a guess and think you have been up all night drinking. There is no other reason I can think of for you to react this way over nothing.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'd just been about to say that there simply was no aggressive shot available here. That the only advisable shot was the 6-ball safety. Then John mentioned the possibility of the 5 cross-corner, even though I sense that he wouldn't like to shoot it.

That shot looks like it could go, but wouldn't loading it up with left english tend to shorten the angle off the rail? And what track would the CB take? If the CB was played outside the 9-ball, the bank probably wouldn't go, and there might even be a double kiss on the 5. If played inside the 9-ball, then the hit would be too thin. It looks to my eye that for the shot to go, you'd almost have to let the CB billiard the 9-ball, which then would likely leave good opportunities for the opponent if the 5 were missed.

But at least we cleared up that 2-rail/4-rail horse puckey as being good options...:rolleyes::)

Doc

John Brumback

Verified Member
Ok, you werent there. But anybody who knows me knows that you being there wouldnt have stopped me from barking.

Beard

I am going to take a guess and think you have been up all night drinking. There is no other reason I can think of for you to react this way over nothing.

Ok,your right I was but I'm not this am or now.I just take huge offence to when you make them wisecracks about "them ky boys". Wheather it's wolfing or funnin,I still don't like hearing that shit.My state is the number one state and area in the world of bank pool.Has been for 100 years and probably will stay that way.You have never ever heard me utter bad word( not even kidding) about your state and your players and all that.And don't try to tell me it's over nothing.I like to hear you woof,just please don't throw my name in there like that cause I will defend myself,whether your just kiddin or not.
Not to brag but I am the best bank pool player in the world by far.And I am from Ky incase you forgot.I know more moves and shots than anyone in the world by far.Believe me when I say that.

So if you tell me your sorry and you will take some of that back,I will take back what I said about you.And you finally remember that I was not there when you said that statement.Because I would have stood up and said lets find out or something like that.We can be freinds or enemies.I have tried to stay friends with you for along time,Fred.Balls in your court.John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I'd just been about to say that there simply was no aggressive shot available here. That the only advisable shot was the 6-ball safety. Then John mentioned the possibility of the 5 cross-corner, even though I sense that he wouldn't like to shoot it.

That shot looks like it could go, but wouldn't loading it up with left english tend to shorten the angle off the rail? And what track would the CB take? If the CB was played outside the 9-ball, the bank probably wouldn't go, and there might even be a double kiss on the 5. If played inside the 9-ball, then the hit would be too thin. It looks to my eye that for the shot to go, you'd almost have to let the CB billiard the 9-ball, which then would likely leave good opportunities for the opponent if the 5 were missed.

But at least we cleared up that 2-rail/4-rail horse puckey as being good options...:rolleyes::)

Doc

Darn good eye Doc.Really Impressive.Upon my futher examination of this shot,
Doc is dead on in my oppion.I do too think it would kiss or the 5 would come up high.If it weren't for the kiss angle I would love to shoot this shot though.( I could get by that 9 and come around two rails with the cball,you could too)
I didn't study the shot good enough before I made my post.:sorry When I first looked at this layout I thought and think that I would just shoot the 6 straight in the corner and put my rock back down table and let them go from there.I don't see any shots here.John B.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
My 87 year old mother still says that.

There is no 2 in the corner here.If somebody held a gun to my head and made me shoot that shot I would hit it with alot of inside english,but no I would not shoot that shot in a million years.I might however shoot the free 5ball cross corner and tighten up the cball and three rail it back down table.My shot does require a good stroke though,with lots of low left. John B.
I'm not from Kty, hell, i'm not even from Chicago, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn a few times. And that 6 ball two in the corner is certainly there for me. I couldn't wait for the day to come when I would be in a debate with the #1 bank pool player in the world and be right:sorry When we see one another in Tunica Johnny, i'll teach you that shot:lol By the way I set up the bank on the 5 ball and positioned both the 5 and 9 balls in their respective positions and there is no kiss with the shot, but you better hit it damn good. the 5 ball bank requires almost a perfect hit with a very low outside ball:eek: to get away from the 9 ball and that ain't easy Johnny.:D

Hey Johnny, you nor Shannon was in the room when Fred said that, you're right. But if you were it wouldn't of stopped him from saying it. What i've learned about the Beard is...You don't have to be right to argue...

See you in Tunica.:D:)

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well, I haven't yet made a single post over here in the bank pool 'arena'...:D...so I think I'll make one finally...and I can bank a little myself - it used to be one of my 2 favorite games - and I had a good bank pool edumacation from the beginning = playing in cheap partners bank games with the top black Chicago bank pool players - Bugs, Tampa, Alphonse, Big Sam, Country, Charlie Green, etc. when I was 18-20 yrs. old...:heh...

Anyway, that said, I think in this spot, being ahead 3-1, I'd play a safety that hasn't been mentioned...it's simple, odds favor it coming out pretty safe, and it's laying nice and natural...

I'm going to cut the 9ball with soft-medium speed into the 2 and 3 balls - hopefully the 2,3, and 9 cluster-up - but if one of them go in the pocket, that's still ok....and I'm sending the cueball, with mucho outside english 4 rails (short, long, long, short) and having it end up back down where I shot it from - except laying on the bottom short rail...the only shot he could then have, would be a real tough long straight back, shooting off the rail - that's a good result in choosing a shot in that situation.

- Ghost

PS, Those that just have to knock, will....;).....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'm going to cut the 9ball with soft-medium speed into the 2 and 3 balls - hopefully the 2,3, and 9 cluster-up - but if one of them go in the pocket, that's still....and I'm sending the cueball, with low outside english 4 rails (short, long, long, short) and having it end up back down where I shot it from - except laying on the bottom short rail...the only shot he could then have, would be a real tough long straight back, shooting off the rail - that's a good result in choosing a shot in that situation.

- Ghost

PS, Those that just have to knock, will...:rolleyes:

Something like this shot Mr. Banking Ghost?:)

ghosty's shot.jpg

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Darn good eye Doc.Really Impressive.Upon my futher examination of this shot,
Doc is dead on in my oppion.I do too think it would kiss or the 5 would come up high.If it weren't for the kiss angle I would love to shoot this shot though.( I could get by that 9 and come around two rails with the cball,you could too)
I didn't study the shot good enough before I made my post.:sorry When I first looked at this layout I thought and think that I would just shoot the 6 straight in the corner and put my rock back down table and let them go from there.I don't see any shots here.John B.

There was a kiss thread in the other forum John.... just curious since it was kinda a hot topic.... how do you tell if there is a kiss in general. Is it just feel, or do you use systems, or maybe a combination of both?

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
There was a kiss thread in the other forum John.... just curious since it was kinda a hot topic.... how do you tell if there is a kiss in general. Is it just feel, or do you use systems, or maybe a combination of both?

I'm pretty sure there was a thread on this in which Brumback and a few others went over the double-kiss "rules" in detail. Good thing about searching the Bank Pool forum is that it's fairly new so you don't have to sift through a million posts.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Tyler and Banks-- Regarding the kiss issue in a layout like the 5-ball, Fred posted an illustration from page 71 of his book. I can't find the specific post, although it was within the past several days. But in the book he said, "When the Cue Ball and an imaginary ball at the contact point for the bank are on a line to the center of the pocket, there is a dead kiss if you us follow with no english." It's worth noting that Fred is referring to the center of the back of the pocket, not the pocket opening.

My interpretation of that would be to line up on the bank the way you'd like to hit it. If that line also shows that you're aiming at the back center of the pocket, then there's supposed to be a kiss from a naturally rolling cue ball.

It's difficult to judge that line from a photo, and it's not super easy even when the shot presents live. In this example that we've been discussing, it looks like there's probably a kiss. But this is just for illustration purposes. The consensus is that this is not the right shot here.;)

Doc

John Brumback

Verified Member
I'm not from Kty, hell, i'm not even from Chicago, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn a few times. And that 6 ball two in the corner is certainly there for me. I couldn't wait for the day to come when I would be in a debate with the #1 bank pool player in the world and be right:sorry When we see one another in Tunica Johnny, i'll teach you that shot:lol By the way I set up the bank on the 5 ball and positioned both the 5 and 9 balls in their respective positions and there is no kiss with the shot, but you better hit it damn good. the 5 ball bank requires almost a perfect hit with a very low outside ball:eek: to get away from the 9 ball and that ain't easy Johnny.:D

Hey Johnny, you nor Shannon was in the room when Fred said that, you're right. But if you were it wouldn't of stopped him from saying it. What i've learned about the Beard is...You don't have to be right to argue...

See you in Tunica.:D:)

Dr. Bill

Hey Bill,your right..I went back and looked that shot over and I would shoot it......In a bankpool ring game:lol I did post back about the 5ball shot not being very easy.That's cool that you go to your table and shoot these shots.I can and have too.I do want you show me how you would hit that 2 railer.If I shot i would hit it with alot of low right and fire it and try to hold it up.See you there.John B.

I'm no poker player but if someone forces my hand I will go all in:lol John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Well, I haven't yet made a single post over here in the bank pool 'arena'...:D...so I think I'll make one finally...and I can bank a little myself - it used to be one of my 2 favorite games - and I had a good bank pool edumacation from the beginning = playing in cheap partners bank games with the top black Chicago bank pool players - Bugs, Tampa, Alphonse, Big Sam, Country, Charlie Green, etc. when I was 18-20 yrs. old...:heh...

Anyway, that said, I think in this spot, being ahead 3-1, I'd play a safety that hasn't been mentioned...it's simple, odds favor it coming out pretty safe, and it's laying nice and natural...

I'm going to cut the 9ball with soft-medium speed into the 2 and 3 balls - hopefully the 2,3, and 9 cluster-up - but if one of them go in the pocket, that's still....and I'm sending the cueball, with low outside english 4 rails (short, long, long, short) and having it end up back down where I shot it from - except laying on the bottom short rail...the only shot he could then have, would be a real tough long straight back, shooting off the rail - that's a good result in choosing a shot in that situation.

- Ghost

I totally agree with you.This a very good and strong shot.
By the way,did they play safe when playing partners?? I'm guessing they did. John B.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

I'm going to cut the 9ball with soft-medium speed into the 2 and 3 balls - hopefully the 2,3, and 9 cluster-up - but if one of them go in the pocket, that's still ok....and I'm sending the cueball, with mucho outside english 4 rails (short, long, long, short) and having it end up back down where I shot it from - except laying on the bottom short rail...the only shot he could then have, would be a real tough long straight back, shooting off the rail - that's a good result in choosing a shot in that situation.

- Ghost

I agree with John, about liking your shot, you also have a perfect cross on the 6 ball sending the 6 between the 5 and 9 balls, that is if you want to play safe.

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well, I haven't yet made a single post over here in the bank pool 'arena'....so I think I'll make one finally...and I can bank a little myself - it used to be one of my 2 favorite games - and I had a good bank pool edumacation from the beginning = playing in cheap partners bank games with the top black Chicago bank pool players - Bugs, Tampa, Alphonse, Big Sam, Country, Charlie Green, etc. when I was 18-20 yrs. old...:heh...

- Ghost

Billy, thanks very much for the rare, positive affirmation of one of my shot choices..:)...but unfortunately I can only give your post an E for effort...:sorry ------>

I agree with John, about liking your shot <------ You were doing great! at this point...:heh...

but then you blew it...:rolleyes:... ----->

you also have a perfect <----- with the side pocket looming, not perfect, as Doc and Freddy have already pointed out :sorry cross on the 6 ball sending the 6 between the 5 and 9 balls, that is if you want to play safe. <------ Ridiculous to think you would need to point this shot out to me..:rolleyes:..since, #1. I already saw this option about 1 nano-second after first looking at the layout..:cool:..and realized that with that side pocket in the way, necessitating a perfect hit with no margin for error - it's not as good or lying as natural as my safety shot..:cool:...and #2. Blatant redundacy was commited - your safety was already mentioned and discussed by several others, earlier in the thread.

Dr. Bill

- Gh:)st

Last edited: