S. Daulton vs. L. Gay 2001 D.C.C.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Knowing Shannon's comfort with jacking up, I think he'll demi-masse to the inside of the 16, off the rail down on the 15.

Tap the 12 in the side pocket and freeze whitey behind/on the 15 (or is that the 10?)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I have no idea what Shannon would do, but if it's laying the way it looks to me, I'd try to roll the 10 in. Gay might not be able to nibble from there because the 15-9's almost wired.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I think a masse is in order here to try to hit one of those two balls near the pocket. From the pictures of the cue ball position it looks very doable. I wouldn't want another ball on the spot.
At worse he gives up those two balls and maybe no more.

3zss

From
Near Dallas, TX
Why not go one rail just missing the 8 with a little high left spin and push 15 ball? off end rail towards 13 ball? - I believe a masse shot here is to tough to have any control. Beat me down if you disagree.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If I thought I could shoot the 10ball and snooker him that would be my first choice, if not then I would take an intentional, he figures to take one back then I would push to the top rail where the chalk is positioned and leave him straight in on the 13ball. That's my strategy and imo i'll give up two balls but my opponent will still be on four and i'll try to win from there.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
If I thought I could shoot the 10ball and snooker him that would be my first choice, if not then I would take an intentional, he figures to take one back then I would push to the top rail where the chalk is positioned and leave him straight in on the 13ball. That's my strategy and imo i'll give up two balls but my opponent will still be on four and i'll try to win from there.

Dr. Bill

Its a pretty good plan.. the only thing you would have to sweat is if decides to play the 13 rail first ( which I would try it) he could get shape on the 15 and possibly get out on you.
Rolling the 10 ball in could be real tricky and you could easily leave him the 13 and if you did he would get to 7 and have a bank for the win. If I thought I could definitely hook him (95 %) I would roll the 10 in..If I thought I could kick and take an intentional and below or behind the 13 ball i would probably shoot it

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I too like the intentional, but it appears SD can bank the 15 into the 13, clear em both to his side and come 4 rails back near his starting position.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Its a pretty good plan.. the only thing you would have to sweat is if decides to play the 13 rail first ( which I would try it) he could get shape on the 15 and possibly get out on you.
Rolling the 10 ball in could be real tricky and you could easily leave him the 13 and if you did he would get to 7 and have a bank for the win. If I thought I could definitely hook him (95 %) I would roll the 10 in..If I thought I could kick and take an intentional and below or behind the 13 ball i would probably shoot it

I looked at the kick behind the 13ball and didn't think it was there. If it's there then it's not by much.

I understand that I would give up a rail first kick on the 13ball if I chose my plan on taking the intentional and then pushing to the rail by the chalk, however, the kick on the 13ball is no hanger, would you agree?

Lets look at it this way. Do you believe the kick on the 13ball is a more difficult shot than the the kick to get behind the 13ball is ? If you answered yes than I would push to the chalk.

Set up both shots before you give me an answer, thx.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I looked at the kick behind the 13ball and didn't think it was there. If it's there then it's not by much.

I understand that I would give up a rail first kick on the 13ball if I chose my plan on taking the intentional and then pushing to the rail by the chalk, however, the kick on the 13ball is no hanger, would you agree?

Lets look at it this way. Do you believe the kick on the 13ball is a more difficult shot than the the kick to get behind the 13ball is ? If you answered yes than I would push to the chalk.

Set up both shots before you give me an answer, thx.

Dr. Bill
I went to my table and set up the position and concluded that the kick to pocket the 13ball was not a tough kick , maybe 60/40 against pocketing it for a decent kicker like myself. Tough option to choose but maybe the only one, maybe.

I tried kicking behind the 13ball and concluded that this kick was impossible unless you used some foreign english that I haven't discovered yet. Not an option.

I tried the option pocketing the 10ball in the side and concluded that this was the best option by far. This option gives the shooter a much better situation to deal with than he had shooting from behind the pocket where he shot the 10ball from. This option is the #1 option providing you can fall behind the 12ball after pocketing the 10ball.:D If not than i'm pushing to the rail and leaving my opponent straight in on the 13ball and hopes that he doesn't choose the kick on the 13ball. and if he does i'll keep my fingers crossed.

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Daulton never looked at anything else except firing at the balls by JR's pocket. He shot into and double-kissed the 11 ball and sold out:

222.jpg

111.jpg

333.jpg

He left it here for Gay:

sdleave.jpg

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
how would you do that??

5-3=2 But the 13 ball is at 1.5, so that 9 ball is in the way of hitting 3.5
I think a firm center ball stroke just above 3 would shorten the angle enough to hit the 13. I'm stuck in Jackson Hole but I'll shoot it a few times when I get to a room soon

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
5-3=2 But the 13 ball is at 1.5, so that 9 ball is in the way of hitting 3.5
I think a firm center ball stroke just above 3 would shorten the angle enough to hit the 13. I'm stuck in Jackson Hole but I'll shoot it a few times when I get to a room soon

....thanks