S. Daulton vs. E. Reyes 2012 D.C.C.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I think I would be drawing off the 10 ball into the top of the stack, between the 7 and 13. I'd like to knock something to my side in doing so, but cannot tell from here what part of the 10 would hit the 2, so from here it is tough to see where the 10 and 2 would end up. But my priority would be on the cue ball anyway.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
I would shoot the 10/2 combo with the 2 going toward my hole. Try to float the Q ball between the 5 and 13. With Efren's speed control he should get Shannon locked up....

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
I think I would be drawing off the 10 ball into the top of the stack, between the 7 and 13. I'd like to knock something to my side in doing so, but cannot tell from here what part of the 10 would hit the 2, so from here it is tough to see where the 10 and 2 would end up. But my priority would be on the cue ball anyway.

I agree, it's hard to tell how much of the 2 ball will be hit. I opted for putting the Q ball between the 5/13 because the 7 ball looks like it banks. The 13 looks like it may be a combo for Daulton's 9 also...
Leaving whitey between the 5/13 doesn't leave those options....JMO

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I'm not moving from here, I'm going down shooting at my hole and scramblin dem eggs! Cut the 10 ball to the right of the 2 and billiard the 13 into the 12 into the 6/5. Force follow the CB to his side so if you make the 6 ball you will likely end up with another shot.

I don't know where they are all going, but that 6 ball is definitely going at my hole.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'm not moving from here, I'm going down shooting at my hole and scramblin dem eggs! Cut the 10 ball into the right side of the 2 and billiard the 13 into the 12 into the 6/5. Force follow the CB to his side so if you make the 6 ball you will likely end up with another shot.

I don't know where they are all going, but that 6 ball is definitely going at my hole.
happy hour starts early in texas ???
:heh:heh:heh

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
happy hour starts early in texas ???
:heh:heh:heh

I got vision... and...
The rest of the world wears bi-focals...
Butch Cassidy...:):):)

Upon further review I wouldn't hit the 2 ball with the 10, I'd cut the 10 more and get a stronger hit on the 13 with the CB..

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I got vision... and...
The rest of the world wears bi-focals...
Butch Cassidy...:):):)

Upon further review I wouldn't hit the 2 ball with the 10, I'd cut the 10 more and get a stronger hit on the 13 with the CB..

Much better, IMO. The reason that I think the shot is a good choice is that the prospects from here are so poor as it is. Sometimes turn-around-or-bust looks pretty good. :)

I REALLY need to pay more attention to the stack.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
looks like this could work to my eye'
View attachment 14885

Camera angles vs. at the table angles are sometimes totally different.
The camera angle (line) from the CB through the 10 and the 2 ball appears flat, a difficult angle to accomplish your task. I believe you would have to cut the 10 more to get the CB into the stack, something like LSJohn suggested earlier, bank the 10 over and play all CB into the stack. This move might escape for the moment, but Daulton ain't letting him out easily, he will keep the position more than likely and get the first shot.

That's why I said I wasn't moving from here, I'd gamble that I'd make the 6 or at least give myself an opportunity to get lucky, move some balls and possibly get safe, rather than dying on the vine trying to move from a bad position. Sometimes you just gotta fire away and see how they settle. Jmo. :).

I'm curious what Efren shot and how the game played out.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Camera angles vs. at the table angles are sometimes totally different.
The camera angle (line) from the CB through the 10 and the 2 ball appears flat, a difficult angle to accomplish your task. I believe you would have to cut the 10 more to get the CB into the stack, something like LSJohn suggested earlier, bank the 10 over and play all CB into the stack. This move might escape for the moment, but Daulton ain't letting him out easily, he will keep the position more than likely and get the first shot.

That's why I said I wasn't moving from here, I'd gamble that I'd make the 6 or at least give myself an opportunity to get lucky, move some balls and possibly get safe, rather than dying on the vine trying to move from a bad position. Sometimes you just gotta fire away and see how they settle. Jmo. :).

I'm curious what Efren shot and how the game played out.

all good points jeff
thanks for the analysis...:)