S. Daulton vs. E. Reyes 2012 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I would never leave Efren near the stack in this situation, he can easily kick 1 or 2 rails under the stack into the 3...and with a high % of success.

Getting whitey up table where he has a high risk takeout shot would be my move, and if I can get him on the rail up there, even better. If I can't thinly fan the 13 with a lot of inside english to get there, I'll take a scratch to get there.

If you take a foul to get there then your opponent will roll the 3 into your pocket. You spot it up for the foul and the score is 0-0 and you have no threat by your pocket. You've removed the only threat you had.

Dennis

Cory in dc

Verified Member
If you take a foul to get there then your opponent will roll the 3 into your pocket. You spot it up for the foul and the score is 0-0 and you have no threat by your pocket. You've removed the only threat you had.

Dennis

I think the intent of the proposed shot is to use the 1 ball to protect the 3 ball. I still like thinning the 13 and coming back into the 6, or the kick shot, better.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I think the intent of the proposed shot is to use the 1 ball to protect the 3 ball. I still like thinning the 13 and coming back into the 6, or the kick shot, better.

I understand that but it's unlikely to kick that distance and put the cueball exactly where you want. With the 1 so far off the rail and the 3 off the rail a little you could probably make the 3 from almost anywhere up there.

The main point here is to protect the 3 ball.

Dennis

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I understand that but it's unlikely to kick that distance and put the cueball exactly where you want. With the 1 so far off the rail and the 3 off the rail a little you could probably make the 3 from almost anywhere up there.

Dennis

I say "yep" on all that.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Got to take some risk, unless you know of a risk free shot here?

Kicking isn't risk free, just an FYI.

Note: Unless you're Efren Reyes, then it's always risk free.

Dennis

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Shannon plays close enough to Efren's speed to play the game and not be in a hurry to trap Efren. Going up table at this point doesn't do too much in my view to take the advantage. Keeping him in the stack would make Efren play the game like any other mortal.

Very wise advice, and I have to agree. I'm curious to know what Shannon shot.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
so you think the kick to
the 6 or thin off the 13 to the 6 is the right shot??

You have to parse what he said carefully....

For Shannon, who is one of the best 1P players in the world, it's not the right shot at this time because he's not desperate to trap Efren, he can do battle down table with him.

For ME, remember it's WWYD, I fall into the desperate category and I would try to trap him up early whilst I have some small percent chance of getting some balls.

bstroud

Verified Member
I'm a little late to this party but if I was shooting I think I would shoot at the 7 ball with a lot of Left and spin bank the 13?

Big pocket with the 3 ball where it is.

Bill S.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I'm a little late to this party but if I was shooting I think I would shoot at the 7 ball with a lot of Left and spin bank the 13?

Bill S.

Killer shot if you can turn it enough. I don't know the shot well enough to know whether it's genius or crazy... maybe savant? :D

I'd sure like to see more of your choices on these WWYDs.

Is the health situation in your family any better?

If I remember right, you're qualified for the Super Senior. We 'd love to see you in Houston in October. :)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Shannon plays close enough to Efren's speed to play the game and not be in a hurry to trap Efren. Going up table at this point doesn't do too much in my view to take the advantage. Keeping him in the stack would make Efren play the game like any other mortal.

Good point. Personally, I often would rather my opponent send whitey up table, as long as they leave me room to work with the cue ball. With several balls available to carom off of, many times you can find a productive shot with simply a rolling carom.

My thought was the relatively soft kick on the high side of the 13 -- presuming the possibility of taking a foul.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Good point. Personally, I often would rather my opponent send whitey up table, as long as they leave me room to work with the cue ball. With several balls available to carom off of, many times you can find a productive shot with simply a rolling carom.

Me too.

My thought was the relatively soft kick on the high side of the 13 -- presuming the possibility of taking a foul.

Unless you make the 13 or freeze on the 7, you'll be giving him quite a bit of maneuvering room, won't you?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
You have to parse what he said carefully....

For Shannon, who is one of the best 1P players in the world, it's not the right shot at this time because he's not desperate to trap Efren, he can do battle down table with him.

For ME, remember it's WWYD, I fall into the desperate category and I would try to trap him up early whilst I have some small percent chance of getting some balls.

i understand your thinking
thanks for your reply....:)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Bill S.

Good eye Bill,

From the overhead view, it's looks very close to laying perfect, better make it though, that 6 ball could be trouble or the 8 on a bank, depending where the CB settles.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I think I might try to kick gently into the 13 and try to leave the cue lodged against the six seven. If I hit the six seven first it should still be ok the way I'm going to hit it..

This is basically what Daulton shot, only with a little speed.

sd shot 1.jpg

He left it here for Efren:

sd leave.jpg

sd leave 2.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
Thanks,

My shot probably was not on or Dalton would have shot it.

At 75 I am probably overqualified to play in Houston.

My situation has not changed.

I beat up the 10 ball ghost but seldom get to leave the house.

Bill S.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Efren should now kick 1 rail into the middle of the 8/3 and both bank out, firm enough and he doesn't leave a return bank. Whitey should stick there. This is 101 for Efren, he can't miss something this simple.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Efren should now kick 1 rail into the middle of the 8/3 and both bank out, firm enough and he doesn't leave a return bank. Whitey should stick there. This is 101 for Efren, he can't miss something this simple.

Might get the CB airborne shooting that hard from a jacked-up position, don't think he's gonna choose that shot....????? :sorry. I could be wrong.... but to move both those balls outta banking range for Shannon, it's gonna take a very good hit at warp speed.