Rule about spotting balls

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I have forever been told when spotting balls with the CB in the path of the balls to be spotted, that you always freeze all balls to each other but you don't freeze them against the CB. You must leave a very little amount of space between the OB and CB. Is this true?---Smitty

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I have forever been told when spotting balls with the CB in the path of the balls to be spotted, that you always freeze all balls to each other but you don't freeze them against the CB. You must leave a very little amount of space between the OB and CB. Is this true?---Smitty

Yes that is the way it is in the general rules of pool -- we do not specify in our One Pocket rules.

http://www.wpa-pool.com/web/the_rules_of_play
1.4 Spotting Balls
Balls are spotted (returned to play on the table) by placing them on the long string (long axis of the table) as close as possible to the foot spot and between the foot spot and the foot rail, without moving any interfering ball. If the spotted ball cannot be placed on the foot spot, it should be placed in contact (if possible) with the corresponding interfering ball. However, when the cue ball is next to the spotted ball, the spotted ball should not be placed in contact with the cue ball; a small separation must be maintained. If all of the long string below the foot spot is blocked by other balls, the ball is spotted above the foot spot, and as close as possible to the foot spot.

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
You were wrong once, just not this time. Since you were gone, I had to play nine ball with Scott. I doubt he will call me again for a while. Safe travels buddy.