Roberto Gomez vs Evan Lunda One Pocket Action Match December 9-11th

Skin

Verified Member
They spent a lot of time disagreeing about frozen balls, calling JJ out of the booth even to referee once. Why not use a penlight, which is easy to carry in the case, to settle it? Just illuminate the cloth underneath, look down on the contact point, and the answer will be obvious.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
They spent a lot of time disagreeing about frozen balls, calling JJ out of the booth even to referee once. Why not use a penlight, which is easy to carry in the case, to settle it? Just illuminate the cloth underneath, look down on the contact point, and the answer will be obvious.

The pen light is a great option, also...most newer cell phones have a flashlight app. Very easy to access.....

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I haven't watched much of either of those two guys, but judging from the Space City Open it looked to me like Lunda couldn't get there in this one without some weight. Although I only saw the last day of the match, it seems like Lunda needs to work on his banking and to a lesser extent, his kicking. Maybe it was just the table or an off night for Lunda and he is a lot better usually than what he showed. Gomez certainly seemed beatable by a guy with better 1p skills than Lunda displayed. The disadvantage at 1p is huge for the guy who doesn't bank and kick really well, regardless of his shooting abilities. Been holding my pedestrian game back forever. :eek:

Not to derail the thread....
Can you post a picture of your pen light or a link from amazon where I can order one? It sounds like a good idea. I also want to throw some dental floss in my case for the head string disputes or do you have a laser or something you use?

Skin

Verified Member
Not to derail the thread....
Can you post a picture of your pen light or a link from amazon where I can order one? It sounds like a good idea. I also want to throw some dental floss in my case for the head string disputes or do you have a laser or something you use?

Right you are. Some guys just like to argue. I'm not one of them.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The match was very competitive the first two days. The third day, Roberto spotted Evan the first game, then Roberto won 9 in a row to close out the set. I don't know what happened to Evan, but I have never seen him lose 9 in a row. It wasn't like Roberto was just running out on him either. Anyone have any opinion on how the third day went so lopsided?

I’ve been playing Evan quite a bit lately. And he’s been playing real well for the most part. About a week before the match I ran into Evan at the Rack. He wanted to play again but I turned him down. So he offered to play partners with his dad against me. I got 9/7 with Evan coaching his dad. I beat them pretty easily. Evan was visibly perturbed. Just my opinion but Evan needs to work on his mental game. After playing that night I placed a wager on Roberto with Bartram.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I haven't watched much of either of those two guys, but judging from the Space City Open it looked to me like Lunda couldn't get there in this one without some weight. Although I only saw the last day of the match, it seems like Lunda needs to work on his banking and to a lesser extent, his kicking. Maybe it was just the table or an off night for Lunda and he is a lot better usually than what he showed. Gomez certainly seemed beatable by a guy with better 1p skills than Lunda displayed. The disadvantage at 1p is huge for the guy who doesn't bank and kick really well, regardless of his shooting abilities. Been holding my pedestrian game back forever. :eek:

Evan has made some amazing banks against me. He’s also kicked my nuts off quite a few times.
I will say that Evan mostly plays on Blue labels and the table at Bogies is a red label. Maybe that three him off that last day.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
The match was very competitive the first two days. The third day, Roberto spotted Evan the first game, then Roberto won 9 in a row to close out the set. I don't know what happened to Evan, but I have never seen him lose 9 in a row. It wasn't like Roberto was just running out on him either. Anyone have any opinion on how the third day went so lopsided?

Evan stayed up all night gambling and didn't get any sleep before day three. That might why lol

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Day three of the Roberto Gomez vs Evan Lunda One Pocket match.

Check out the exciting day 3 rebroadcast loop of Gomez vs Lunda! Featuring best commentary in the business Double J Jeremy Jones,

Will replay on a recorded loop starting at Midnight central time tonight.

Only $4.95 to watch or included with all Event Passes & Premium memberships.

Will start at midnight central time, 6:20am, 12:40pm, 7:00pm

Passes to watch available at www.PoolActionTV.com

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member

Chicagofats sent me this today of his new penlight. Cool idea.

Good on him. It gets interesting, though, when the ball is next to the cushion and is only being touched by the fuzz on the cloth, which you can detect using underside illumination. How to call that can be debated for a day-and-a-half by the argument prone. :rolleyes:

AndyB

can someone explain this shot Evan did to me? there were 2 balls close together a diamond or so above Roberto's side pocket Evan managed to bank them both towards his whole at the same time. I don't remember if they went but the 2nd ball nearly knocked the first one into the pocket. hope I'm describing it correctly