Roberto Gomez vs Evan Lunda One Pocket Action Match December 9-11th

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
The loop of day one's action has just begun for the Gomez vs Lunda One Pocket Challenge being held at Bogies Billiards in Houston.

Day two Live Coverage will resume 4pm central Tuesday with the match beginning at 5pm Central.

Get your pass and watch day one at www.PoolActionTV.com

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
We are Live for day two of the Roberto Gomez vs Evan Lunda

One Pocket Challenge being held at Bogies Billiards in Houston, TX.

Double J Jeremy Jones doing commentary.

Check out the great deal on the Premium Total Access Pass, includes all events until June 2020.

PPV Passes Available at www.PoolActionTV.com

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Score Update for the Roberto Gomez vs Evan Lunda One Pocket Challenge at Bogies Billiards in Houston, TX.

Lots of Great action left with incredible commentary by Double J Jeremy Jones!

Today's Replay will loop after the conclusion of tonight's session.

Get a pass & sweat some World Class One Pocket

Available @ www.PoolActionTV.com

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Not much different than you putting Mustard on your chile. :)... in KC none the less ;). Have a great Xmas....slim. My horse was Superman. Those Pinoys match up, like they are punchin' the clock. Seems like in most situations like this, they are always 70/30 the best of it in the long haul.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Not much different than you putting Mustard on your chile. :)... in KC none the less ;). Have a great Xmas....slim. My horse was Superman. Those Pinoys match up, like they are punchin' the clock. Seems like in most situations like this, they are always 70/30 the best of it in the long haul.

I would have bet Roberto, mustard or no mustard. Both of them missed a lot of easy shots, but that tight table might explain most of it.

Merry Christmas at the US Olympic Training Center! I fell in love with a Univ of Oregon heptathlete there, but when my coach told her I was 35 y.o. it kinda queered my action.

Skin

Verified Member
I haven't watched much of either of those two guys, but judging from the Space City Open it looked to me like Lunda couldn't get there in this one without some weight. Although I only saw the last day of the match, it seems like Lunda needs to work on his banking and to a lesser extent, his kicking. Maybe it was just the table or an off night for Lunda and he is a lot better usually than what he showed. Gomez certainly seemed beatable by a guy with better 1p skills than Lunda displayed. The disadvantage at 1p is huge for the guy who doesn't bank and kick really well, regardless of his shooting abilities. Been holding my pedestrian game back forever. :eek:

Last edited:

BRLongArm

Verified Member
The match was very competitive the first two days. The third day, Roberto spotted Evan the first game, then Roberto won 9 in a row to close out the set. I don't know what happened to Evan, but I have never seen him lose 9 in a row. It wasn't like Roberto was just running out on him either. Anyone have any opinion on how the third day went so lopsided?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
The match was very competitive the first two days. The third day, Roberto spotted Evan the first game, then Roberto won 9 in a row to close out the set. I don't know what happened to Evan, but I have never seen him lose 9 in a row. It wasn't like Roberto was just running out on him either. Anyone have any opinion on how the third day went so lopsided?

Someone mentioned how much Evan likes to gamble afterwords and doesn't utilize his rest time, like he should. This may of been the case, Or??

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I agree Joe. Evan played really well the first two days and looked just exhausted/weak the last. He also looked hesitant to me even when he did shoot.