Rip to San Jose Dick

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
So long to my friend Richard Mc Morran​ . I appreciate the time I got to spend with you and regret not spending more time with you more recently. Our little road trips to Tucson, Laughlin and Las Vegas where the time would fly by filled with your stories. You were truly one of a kind and hell of a player. At one time arguably one of the best one pocket players in the country. I admired the man you were who gave it to people straight, left the pool world to work a regular job and raise a family. Your advice you gave me on and off the pool table and about life in general I will forever appreciate. I will be bringing you a bottle of Yukon Jack my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6hXkm2a4IY

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
R.I.P. Dick
condolences to your family and loved ones
lenny my sympathies on the loss of your friend

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I am very sorry to hear this. He had quite the life; my deepest sympathies go out to all of his family and friends. I know many of us really enjoyed all of his stories, and the way he shared them, so we could vicariously share some of his adventures. He will never be forgotten -- for some because of how he intimately impacted their lives, and for the rest of us because of the stories he shared. Thank you Dick, and God bless your spirit and your family.

JAM

Verified Member
I just read about this on Facebook. So sad. He loved one-pocket, this forum, and pool so much. May he rest in eternal peace.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'm very sorry to hear of Dick's passing. He was a good friend and mentor to Fast Lenny. Dick was one of our pool characters that seem to be in short supply in modern times. So the pool world ends up with little blank spots in it when guys like Dick pass on. There's a helluva lineup of great one-pocket players teeing it up in the great upstairs. And Dick has his name on the list with the best of them.

~Doc

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Sorry to hear Dick's passing. I always enjoyed the times I got to spend with him.

RedCard

Verified Member
Dick McMorran

Dick McMorran

Very sorry to hear this. His stories showed he'd actually been there and done things that the uninitiated would consider remarkable and even unbelievable. To the rest of us they rang true and were interspersed with nuggets of general wisdom born from living the life. RIP SJD.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Sad to hear of my dear friend's passing!
We shared many jokes on our road trips, I can still hear his laugh.
Like fats, Dick was a better player than many gave credit. RIP

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Sorry to hear of his passing, Dick was a top, top, one pocket player and only a handful of players could have beaten him. I enjoyed the friendly/not friendly banter of Dick and Freddie for years on the site it was special and funny as hell. Dick had a way about himself to tell it like it is, and tell it in a way that had to be respected. R.I.P. San Jose Dick.

Dr. Bill

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Rip to San Jose Dick

I never had the pleasure but enjoyed his stories on here. Someone should post his favorite pics of him and some young ladies if they can.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
People that knew him in real life seemed to think highly of him like Alf Taylor, Lenny Marshall, Old Skin, Rod, etc, so that means a good deal.. Enjoyed talking to him in the cafe and by pm.. He didn't care much about WWYD..Enjoyed the back and forth with Beard, Bill S.,, Barton, CJ Wiley and others.....They could all move and counter punch like pros... rip..

RedCard

Verified Member
I never had the pleasure but enjoyed his stories on here. Someone should post his favorite pics of him and some young ladies if they can.

Here are some pictures I have of him, I'm sure there are better ones out there. The last one was his birthday card for whatever year that was.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 0

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Lenny, I know you were close to Richard and am sorry to hear of San Jose Dick's passing. I will miss his witty retorts on AZB.
RIP.

JoeyA

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Truly sad that he passed. It seems all of the old characters from pool are going away. I got along with him and Freddie albeit they wolfed at each other to put it mildly very passionately. The second picture from red card I flew an aircraft out to Mesa and stayed with dick over the weekend. As good of a guy as you would ever want to meet. Rest In Peace, I am sure you got a game in the big pool hall in the sky.

B