Reyes clearly the best ever

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
In my opinion there has never been any one that plays pool as good as Reyes. At least not in my life time, and the players that I have played and watched.

I played Reyes when he was in his prime, and I played all the champions that were considered champions in their prime. And playing 8 ball and one pocket there is no one that comes close to Reyes. Artie cannot possibly give an accurate evaluation of Reyes game simply because he never seen or played him in his prime.

Reye's beat Hopkins when Hopkins was in his prime and Reyes was just learning the game. Reyes went to Tampa Fl. and gave Cook 10 to 8 and robbed him. He gave players like Joyner in his prime 8 to 7 and it wasn't close. Reye's has won just about every 8 ball and one pocket tournament he has ever entered. Really what do you feel a player has to do to get recognition. Say what you want about the right or wrong way to play certain games, I look at the bottom line, WHO WINS AND HOW OFTEN. The players today and of the past 20 years play as good as any era, yet Reyes was clearly the best. And he would of been the best in any era. Reyes is a magician on the table, and is still performing magic at the age of 57. Give him the respect that he has earned, and I feel fortunate to have played and watched him play through the last 25 years. He's the best that I have ever seen or played, PERIOD.

Billy I.

bernie p

Verified Member
wincardona said:
In my opinion there has never been any one that plays pool as good as Reyes. At least not in my life time, and the players that I have played and watched.

I played Reyes when he was in his prime, and I played all the champions that were considered champions in their prime. And playing 8 ball and one pocket there is no one that comes close to Reyes. Artie cannot possibly give an accurate evaluation of Reyes game simply because he never seen or played him in his prime.

Reye's beat Hopkins when Hopkins was in his prime and Reyes was just learning the game. Reyes went to Tampa Fl. and gave Cook 10 to 8 and robbed him. He gave players like Joyner in his prime 8 to 7 and it wasn't close. Reye's has won just about every 8 ball and one pocket tournament he has ever entered. Really what do you feel a player has to do to get recognition. Say what you want about the right or wrong way to play certain games, I look at the bottom line, WHO WINS AND HOW OFTEN. The players today and of the past 20 years play as good as any era, yet Reyes was clearly the best. And he would of been the best in any era. Reyes is a magician on the table, and is still performing magic at the age of 57. Give him the respect that he has earned, and I feel fortunate to have played and watched him play through the last 25 years. He's the best that I have ever seen or played, PERIOD.

Billy I.

Billy,

I'm just curious. You've obviously watched Efren play 1 Pocket for, I'm guessing, 25 or 30 years. How far % wise would you say that he is off from his prime, if anything?

At his age you might think that the younger contenders would have a stamina advantage especially in the late stages of a longer tourney such as the recent Vegas 4 day US Open.

I guess if you rarely suffer a loss, then the stamina is rarely an issue.:D

(note to my aging, stamina challenged self.......stay away from the one loss side of life :p )

Bernie.

Maxwell

Verified Member
Billy's right

Billy's right

I'm 64years old and I've spent my life watching the best players available to see. No one is Efrens equal.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I've always felt Effie stood alone, and may be one of the top 5 athletes of all time in any sport, anywhere on the planet but being a pool player I think he may be the greatest participant of all.
In our society of today, I don't see another player equaling his ''all around'' ability, it will take a third world country to produce another like him, but I highly doubt it.
He's the most recognized, accepted and famous person in the Phillipines, and who would of thought a pool player would be in this Babe Ruth type of position in life to represent his people. He's like Pele/Brazil.
Having played him in match play and exhibitions, I feel lucky, and humbled as he is a humble man with a GREAT attitude of life....''hey get that dam monkey off my back will ya''? :)....this is for those who know him.
He thinks differently, plays differently, and every pro likes to watch and learn as much as average players like to watch the pros.
We're lucky to be alive to appreciate him, first time I ever saw him was Red's 1982.
Billy, hope your healin' up.

cuesmith

Verified Member
wincardona said:

Billy I.

I agree but I think Parica may be a closer second than most people give him credit for.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:

I played Reyes when he was in his prime, and I played all the champions that were considered champions in their prime.
I feel fortunate to have played and watched him play through the last 25 years. He's the best that I have ever seen or played, PERIOD.

Billy I.
did you play ronnie in his prime???

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Efren Is The Best

Efren Is The Best

I agree with my Uncle Billy that Efrin is the best ever. But i want to say I feel he had the very best of the draw in Vegas. He didnt have to play Scott, Gabe, Earl, Cliff or Alex and maybe Im forgetting another top player or two. Anyway, while Im a big Efrin fan I dont feel he was tested by the best of the feild. Keith

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I do not worry about who is the very best anymore. As far as I am concerned, anyone that can play wi him 10-6 is a great man. You cannot imagine how hard it is to get 5 against E. Reyes or some of those top players. I know. I tried. I like Sylver o and John Scmidt games very much. But if the money doesn't get better, they have to play All games and its like diminishing returns. A 15k prize is nothing like it was even in the 80s. Its like bailing out a leaking boat and the leak is getting bigger and you are not able to head for shore. Not a good situation. Its like going over to John Wayne Gacys' house. One night you could shoot pool and do alright. The next time look out. You could be a permanent up under the house guest. At least the world didn't end today like that group said that it would. Wait there are a couple of hours left in this day so stay tuned.....................

Deeman

Verified Member
Hard to disagree with the Doctor on this one, with or without the recent tournament results.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Deeman said:
Hard to disagree with the Doctor on this one, with or without the recent tournament results.

I toaly dis agree.Its redicoulous. That Billy would even say this. Yes Eferine is a great player.

One off the most skilled players I would agree with. one off the smardest.

Completyt false. Talent above talent yes.

Lets talk about each individule game.

Nine Ball I but him in the top 5 greatest players.

Straight pool. He would not have beat the great players.

One pocket he is in the top ten. But not in Knowledge. Only in ability.

Bank pool he would not have beat the best bankers.

Eight ball He is a great player.

But He is not in the top 5 five. Because lak off knowledgr.

Three Coushion Ok not great. Snooker ok but not great.

I always said You were a Eferine Fan. And that wont change.

Eferine didnt bet his owne money. WHY. If you are the best. Why wouldnt you bet youre owne money.

Eferine came after all the great one pocket players.

Hopkines was the only one left that was a great onr pocket player.

But his game was going thee other direction.

All the great one pocket players came before Eferine.

Look at his taps and see what he does. And you will see the truth. Howe he plays and thinks.

And all the old great players thier are no taps. Roo compaire. And howe they played.

Efrine has a lot off skills and talent. But his knowlwedge is limited.

I belive wright now today. If I could coach Eral that he would beat Eferine playing one pocket.

If he would listen. Witch I dont no.

Eral could beat Eferine today. With me coaching him. And so would Shanne. And Appilton.

And Eferine has weaknesses weather you want too belive it or not.

Even his weak breack playing nine ball. If Eferine would have played in Johnson city.

I dont no if he would have won a tournement. In Straight pool one pocket or nineball.

And too say somone is the greatest. Is a opininated statement.

And can not be proven. Or compaired. The tournements are what built Eferines reputation. And back years ago that was not posable.

Eferine is great. WAs he the best

Leaves a Big Qouistion mark. WHAT GAME. THat would make it more realistic.

Because certain people were the best at certain games.

Andv Mr three coushion. Didnt rate his 3 coushion game too high . Were you did.

And you never played you good game against Eferine when I seen you play him.

Show the Chriss Gentile game and Eferine match. And you will see he realy didnt play.

Like a great player. And taps dont lie.

JUst showe it and you will see a lot off mistakes. In every game. And Chriss didnt play well eithier.

If he is the best. Then show his tapes and see what he does. At least with him ..

We have some evidence how he played. And you cannot chamge the taps.

And you will see his game is not as solid as you think.

And Willy and Worst. And taylor. I would pick them all over Efrine. And these players playing thier best game. Eferine would come in second.

Say it like it is. And if these players played every day. 50 tournements a year. Day and night. Howe good would they have been.

And that all that efrine did was play pool.

Its not wright or fair too put him ahead off all these great players. And they never even played.

And everyone has opinions.

You happen too be a great player. With a opinion.

But I disagree completly. By saying that Eferine was the best.

You should have said whar game.

And you also said that Harol Worst was the greatest all around player. Or is it Rferine.

To me Worst was the greatest all around player. And Willie Mosconie comes second.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Artie,

you obviously have strong opinions on who was the best and they don't include Efren.

You have to agree though... Efren has won everything in sight for the last 20 years on a regular basis. That's pretty strong I would think. That's a long time to continue to be at the top.

Here he is.. 57 and still winning championships. In onepocket and rotation games, even in bank pool he's finishing high.

He might not play the "right" way to you, but you have to agree however he plays, it has what it takes to win against all the others that play more the "right" way.

Another question.... you say Willie Mosconi was the 2nd best all around player.. I've never heard anyone mention that. Was he that strong at bank pool and onepocket? We all know he can run balls like a madman.

When these questions are brought up.. .it's very subjective, so there will never be a person that all people agree on, and there is no right or wrong answer.

IIRUSTYII

If you win almost everytime you play, your playing the game Correctly... Whatever game that may be... Think about it Artie, I know your a genius at sports betting. What if someone told you you didn't know how to bet sports correctly, even after all the money you've made doing it... That's about as rediculous as saying efren doesn't play onepocket or 8ball correctly... If your winning and bringing home the cheese on a regular basis how do u play more correct than that? I hope I never learn how to play 8ball or onepocket correctly, if I can play efren's speed... And you can teach Earl, Shane, Corey, and the whole bunch how to play CORRECT onepocket, and I'll rob them all... If I'm lucky....

IIRUSTYII

I guess a brief summary of what I'm trying to say is... Winning is playing correctly.... If not I hope I never do anything correct.

IIRUSTYII

Artie I wish I had a time machine so I could take efren back to when you say all the GREAT onepocket players played.. I promise you, you wouldn't be on here whining about the Feds taking all of your money, because you'd be broke betting on all the players who played CORRECTLY. Ohh well it doesn't hurt to dream....

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I toaly dis agree.Its redicoulous. That Billy would even say this. Yes Eferine is a great player.

One off the most skilled players I would agree with. one off the smardest.

Completyt false. Talent above talent yes.

Lets talk about each individule game.

Nine Ball I but him in the top 5 greatest players.

Straight pool. He would not have beat the great players.

One pocket he is in the top ten. But not in Knowledge. Only in ability.

Bank pool he would not have beat the best bankers.

Eight ball He is a great player.

But He is not in the top 5 five. Because lak off knowledgr.

Three Coushion Ok not great. Snooker ok but not great.

I always said You were a Eferine Fan. And that wont change.

Eferine didnt bet his owne money. WHY. If you are the best. Why wouldnt you bet youre owne money.

Eferine came after all the great one pocket players.

Hopkines was the only one left that was a great onr pocket player.

But his game was going thee other direction.

All the great one pocket players came before Eferine.

Look at his taps and see what he does. And you will see the truth. Howe he plays and thinks.

And all the old great players thier are no taps. Roo compaire. And howe they played.

Efrine has a lot off skills and talent. But his knowlwedge is limited.

I belive wright now today. If I could coach Eral that he would beat Eferine playing one pocket.

If he would listen. Witch I dont no.

Eral could beat Eferine today. With me coaching him. And so would Shanne. And Appilton.

And Eferine has weaknesses weather you want too belive it or not.

Even his weak breack playing nine ball. If Eferine would have played in Johnson city.

I dont no if he would have won a tournement. In Straight pool one pocket or nineball.

And too say somone is the greatest. Is a opininated statement.

And can not be proven. Or compaired. The tournements are what built Eferines reputation. And back years ago that was not posable.

Eferine is great. WAs he the best

Leaves a Big Qouistion mark. WHAT GAME. THat would make it more realistic.

Because certain people were the best at certain games.

Andv Mr three coushion. Didnt rate his 3 coushion game too high . Were you did.

And you never played you good game against Eferine when I seen you play him.

Show the Chriss Gentile game and Eferine match. And you will see he realy didnt play.

Like a great player. And taps dont lie.

JUst showe it and you will see a lot off mistakes. In every game. And Chriss didnt play well eithier.

If he is the best. Then show his tapes and see what he does. At least with him ..

We have some evidence how he played. And you cannot chamge the taps.

And you will see his game is not as solid as you think.

And Willy and Worst. And taylor. I would pick them all over Efrine. And these players playing thier best game. Eferine would come in second.

Say it like it is. And if these players played every day. 50 tournements a year. Day and night. Howe good would they have been.

And that all that efrine did was play pool.

Its not wright or fair too put him ahead off all these great players. And they never even played.

And everyone has opinions.

You happen too be a great player. With a opinion.

But I disagree completly. By saying that Eferine was the best.

You should have said whar game.

And you also said that Harol Worst was the greatest all around player. Or is it Rferine.

To me Worst was the greatest all around player. And Willie Mosconie comes second.

Yes that is my opinion, and all you can say is look at the tapes. If you look at the tapes what you will see is Reyes winning tournaments. That is something you can't deny. You can say all you want about him not shooting the right shot, but that's only your opinion. He shot the shot that he believed was right for him. Reyes never lost playing anyone even one pocket, never. Not only that his record spotting people is well over 90%. No one has a better record playing in tournaments, or gambling than Reyes.

You were in Las Vegas gambling the 20 years that Reyes reigned, so you shouldn't even have an opinion on how he played. Ask your frirnd Freddie how good he was, he'll tell you. Ask any knowledgeable player that witnessed how well he played, especially the players that played him. Varner will tell you how well he played. Varner said that Reyes was the best player he has ever seen, and yes I agree with him.

I played Ronnie 10 to 8 when he was in his prime, it was a tough game. Reyes could of given me 10 to 7 and beat me. When Reyes was in his prime he gave players like Frost and Duel 10 to 7 and won. Ask them. Frost will tell you that Reyes was the best player he has ever seen, does that count for something. Reyes is also the best 8 ball player ever. His cue ball control and his articulate mind is a combination hard to beat. There has never been a player that played pool as well as Reyes, not in my life time.

Your watching a player that is 57 years old and judging him against the best in the world. That alone should tell you something, think about it. Do you know any player that is 57 years old that could come close to Reyes? Can you imagine how well he played when he was 29 years old? I know, I played him for big money.

Your saying that there are 5 players that can beat him playing 8 ball, which is ridiculous. He's still the best 8 ball player in the world at age 57. I'll bet on him against anyone.

In his prime he was the best rotation player in the world, he spotted Hopkins 15 points and beat him. There was no one that could beat him playing rotation. When he came to this country it took him a little over a year to be the best one pocket player in the world, and the best 8 ball player in the world.

You say he don't no how to think which is a statement you shouldn't make. You or no one else has played as well offensively as Reyes, so we don't qualify to say that he don't know how to think. He's on a different level offensively than any one.

You play a different style than Reyes, so you know how to think based on the style you play. Give him the respect that he has earned and try to understand that his way of thinking differs from your way, because he's on a different level playing offensively. Even today as his skills has diminished, he's still thinking well enough to win one pocket tournaments. That is also on tapes.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
bernie p said:
Billy,

I'm just curious. You've obviously watched Efren play 1 Pocket for, I'm guessing, 25 or 30 years. How far % wise would you say that he is off from his prime, if anything?

At his age you might think that the younger contenders would have a stamina advantage especially in the late stages of a longer tourney such as the recent Vegas 4 day US Open.

I guess if you rarely suffer a loss, then the stamina is rarely an issue.:D

(note to my aging, stamina challenged self.......stay away from the one loss side of life :p )

Bernie.

Bernie, your questions are legitimate questions that I will try to answer.

How far is Efren off his game now opposed to when he was in his prime? I would say at least a ball.

Does the younger players have an edge in stamina?

Yes they clearly have an edge in stamina. When Reyes played Duel it was late in the day after Reyes had played in an earlier match. He was struggling because he was tired. Duel had numerous chances to beat him and he should have, but made too many mistakes. Reyes came back the next day fresh and you saw a completely different player. He beat Gentile 4 to nothing. That put him in the hot seat to wait for the winner of the losers bracket, so stamina was not a concern for Reyes.

I think even today at age 57 if Reyes is fresh he's the best player.

Reyes has health issues, and his health limits him on what he can do. But when he's fresh I believe that in a race to 7 he's the favorite over anyone.

He's still a beautiful player to watch play, it was a joy to me to watch him play when he was in his prime. He made everyone weak with his ability to play, no one could compete and play their game. I saw it too often, how players were broken down mentally playing Reyes. He ran balls from every where, all the time. It was ridiculous.

Billy I.

James Galati

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Bernie, your questions are legitimate questions that I will try to answer.

How far is Efren off his game now opposed to when he was in his prime? I would say at least a ball.

Does the younger players have an edge in stamina?

Yes they clearly have an edge in stamina. When Reyes played Duel it was late in the day after Reyes had played in an earlier match. He was struggling because he was tired. Duel had numerous chances to beat him and he should have, but made too many mistakes. Reyes came back the next day fresh and you saw a completely different player. He beat Gentile 4 to nothing. That put him in the hot seat to wait for the winner of the losers bracket, so stamina was not a concern for Reyes.

I think even today at age 57 if Reyes is fresh he's the best player.

Reyes has health issues, and his health limits him on what he can do. But when he's fresh I believe that in a race to 7 he's the favorite over anyone.

He's still a beautiful player to watch play, it was a joy to me to watch him play when he was in his prime. He made everyone weak with his ability to play, no one could compete and play their game. I saw it too often, how players were broken down mentally playing Reyes. He ran balls from every where, all the time. It was ridiculous.

Billy I.
"Beautiful player to watch" is how I've always felt watching Efren play.His style,demeanor,heart,touch,smiling and scratching his head after he made a mistake.When the heat is on,he brings it.He might not play the CORRECT way,but he is a once in a lifetime player.He does things in the heat of battle that other players only would dare do in practice.Bobby Jones said of Nicklaus "He plays a game I am not familiar with."Efren is what other players aspire to be.A killer on the table,as well as a gentleman.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I thought this was a cool shot, two frames that were caught right between camera angle changes. Beautiful to watch is something I feel. The grace and delicacy of the art of his pool stroke is another.
efrenghost.jpg

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
Artie,

you obviously have strong opinions on who was the best and they don't include Efren.

You have to agree though... Efren has won everything in sight for the last 20 years on a regular basis. That's pretty strong I would think. That's a long time to continue to be at the top.

Here he is.. 57 and still winning championships. In onepocket and rotation games, even in bank pool he's finishing high.

He might not play the "right" way to you, but you have to agree however he plays, it has what it takes to win against all the others that play more the "right" way.

Another question.... you say Willie Mosconi was the 2nd best all around player.. I've never heard anyone mention that. Was he that strong at bank pool and onepocket? We all know he can run balls like a madman.

When these questions are brought up.. .it's very subjective, so there will never be a person that all people agree on, and there is no right or wrong answer.

Eferine belomgs in with all the greatest players. And You say different things that I say.

I said Eferine is one off the greatest. In certain games. And he played a lot off games great.

I always have said that Eferine is great. And nobody can can denie that.

And you talk about rotation. Well nobody in America played it. So what are you talking abouta game we didnt play. And Macy Shots we sisnt shoot them and learn them.

Pick out the main pool games and was Eferine the best at any off them. I would say no. Because thier are other people who played over him. Like Bank pool Sratight pool Three coushion.

The games you can talk about are Nineball. and one pocket. Nine ball was he the best.

I would say its between 5 players. One pocket is the other game. was he the best.

I would say no. And this is when everyone played thier best.And then we would have too talk about 5 by 10 tables. Because thats what they played on a lot back then.

With different balls. And Equipment. And thats it. Snooker and 3 coushion he was not a champion.

Eferine played inalmost more tournemets then anybody. If it was not for the tournements who would no him? Tournements made all these players. And put them on the map.

I went through this with a person. Whatever works and you win with it. Keep doing it that way.

It doesnt matter if it is wright or wrong. Just a different way off doing it.

If it works dont change to something that is correct and doesnt work for you.

Eferine Strickland and Buddy and whimpy and Mosconie have Extrordinary. Ability and talant.

And Eferine in executhing is in the top 3. And He would be my choice for exicuting a shot. And with position.

And People dont realize howe strong that is. The name off the game is roo make balls. And If someone doest miss. Howe are you going too win.

Thats what Ederine does better then the rest. And that is why he wins. Because off his great shooting ability.

Not by out smarthing his opponent. His Knowledge part off the game is highly over rayted. Just look at his games and matches.

Does Eferine have more accurate fier power then. Whimpy Worst Ronnie Bugs Taylor. I would say Eferine has more ability. And he shoots more accurate.

What about mistakes. Yes he makes more mistakes then Buddy Whimpy Taylor. On mistakes he is on the same levele with Ronnie Bugs and Cornbread.

And Eferines control. is better then all these players. Excepte Whimpy and worst. But I think his control off the cue ball was better too.

I would pick players over him in that catagory. But only a few.

Eferine plaed in more pool tournemets then all the old great players put together. Is that clear enough.

To make a statement Eferine doesnt play wright. Is not a correct statement.

If you wi you are playing wright. And if he was playing wrong he wouldnt win.

He makes some weak choices. For whatever reason he does it.

He playes and wins with what he knowes and does it. Whatever he does he does not make too meny mistakes.

Because he execuits everything he shoots. And that is his greatness. Its not about playing the wright way.

But what works for you. And if Eferine would have learned. the correct way too play. And all the things he could have learned and done.

Nobody could have touchet him.

If I could have shot and had the ability that Eferine had. And shot macy shots. And learned some off the things he does and no.

I could have given any champion 8 to 6.

I have said this ment times. If you play the whole game correctly. And mistake free. Your oponent should not get a ball.

And to have that great ability. It would have been like Joe Louis fighting middle wieghts.

And even today. If I could shot and execuite like Eferin or Shane or Alex. Or Eral.

All these players today could get a ball or two. And it would be no contest.

Do you realize howe strong it is too shot like that and get the first shot?

Thats wht it never bothered me giving up the breack too champions.

Becaue I no what too do. Howe bad would eferine beat these players. If he got the first shot with his great shooting ability.

And all my moves and shots would be so much stronger. Because I could back them up with great shooting.

And shooting like that I can play different to get different shots. Witch I could not do. Because off howe I bankt and shot.

Let Eferine shoot and bank like I did. See howe meny players he beats whith my ability. I played with.

Things are always easier if you have that great ability and talent.

Willie Mosconie was one off the greatest. He played great straight pool and great nineball. and eight ball. And he played world champion three coushion billiards.

He played decient bamks too.Nicky vach the Fuscos and all the players who seen willy play nine ball. and theseother games.

Said he was great at all games.

And if he would have learned too play one pocket the correct way. He could have been the greatest ever in life.

But he didnt. And if he was around in todays generation. He would have played all thse games way better . Because off all the tournemets. And pool knowledge that is on the interner.

And he was the classest player. I ever seen put on a exabition. Nobody was in his class. And he new howe to macy and do all kinds off trick shots.

And with all thse trick shot tournements who knowes howe great he would have been.

And Mike Macy is the greatest trick shooter ever in life.

And thier is no telling howe great will would have been. If he played in todays generation.

And he had too much talent and ability. To learn any game. And he played great on 4 and a half by nines and five by tens.

And Willie if he learned one pocket. Would have past Eferine up. Because of his knowledge.

Bur he played when toudnements were very view. And that is another reason you cannot compaire players from different generations.

He is truly i a class with the elite. Everything Willie did was great. And I belive if Willie would have played nineball in all these tournements. He would have wone meny off them.

He had ability knowledge and a strong attitude to win. And players like that are hard too beat.

But when you say a player wasthe best you cannot make it for all pool games. Because that is not true.

I give people what they desirve. And what I see. If I didnt see them play . I have no commente.

Howe can you say someone is the best or not the best if you havant seen them play.

And you have too know what you are looking at. And be qualified too make a decision.

One person over all the others. And did you see all these other people play. Thier best game?

Most people go by what they hir.And if you never seen someone play. Howe can you give a opinion on that person?

I hope I clarified all off this. I put it out thier for everyone. And I no that further down they line it will come up again.

And if one player plated in 200 hundred tournemets. And thee other player in a few or none.

Howe can you pick one player over another. The compairison is incorrect. And cannot be compaierd.

They only way too prove it is. Both players have too play each other meny times in thier prime.

And thier are no taps or DVD for the older players. Because this is all new.

And we all no Willy Mosconie was the Babe Ruth of Straight pool. And he dominated they game.

In a time when thier were meny great straight pool players. Look at the one pocket field wright nowe today.

It looks pretty weak too me. Especialy in the thinking department. Everyone is a shooter.

Because off the tournements. And rules. Eferine is a great player and worrier and he won a lot off tournements.

WAs he the best? He would not be my choice. Does he belong up thier with the top 5 . Yes he does.

And the same in nine ball. THe other games. He is not in the top 5 or 10.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Artie Bodendorfer said:
And you talk about rotation. Well nobody in America played it. So what are you talking abouta game we didnt play. And Macy Shots we sisnt shoot them and learn them.

I apologize, rotation is a poor choice of words, but I have a habit of using it to describe games in which you must run the balls out in rotation, lowest to highest. Meaning 9 ball and 10 ball and 11 ball when they come up with that.

I realize that it is a game all in itself, but I need to find a better word to describe 9 and 10 ball.