Reply to a member

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
This is a post aimed at a particular member who posed a question to me in the PM section. Since I couldnt answer it properly without a diagram, and you cant post diagrams in the PM section, I am putting it up here for him. All other members can disregard this thread as it is pertinent to a particular question.

Beard

Particular Member: In the diagram you can see that the inbound angles are relatively parallel, but the outbound angles to the pocket are not. That is just the nature of the beast.

Attachments

• scan0001 (361 x 600).jpg
    scan0001 (361 x 600).jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Thanks, Freddy. When you refer to the line as 'relatively parallel', rather than parallel, it works. You're right about me, I guess. I'm a 'particular' member.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fred bentivegna said:
This is a post aimed at a particular member who posed a question to me in the PM section. Since I couldnt answer it properly without a diagram, and you cant post diagrams in the PM section, I am putting it up here for him. All other members can disregard this thread as it is pertinent to a particular question.

Beard

Particular Member: In the diagram you can see that the inbound angles are relatively parallel, but the outbound angles to the pocket are not. That is just the nature of the beast.
Freddy,
i know this was a quick reply but the line to the side pocket is PAST diamond 2??:confused:

also do you site thru diamond 2 or on the edge of the rail??

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I aint a draftsman

I aint a draftsman

lll said:
Freddy,
i know this was a quick reply but the line to the side pocket is PAST diamond 2??:confused:

also do you site thru diamond 2 or on the edge of the rail??

Larry, I made the diagram with a pencil and the edge of an envelope. It was not meant to be mathematically perfect. Just a little something to prove a point to Vapros. Dont take the diagram absolutely literally.

Ok, the line from diamond 4 to dia. 2 should start at dia. 4. The line starting past the side is a linear mistake.
The lines point through, rather than at an opposite point on the cushion, the diamond. That is in order to portray a perfect 2 to 1 angle. If we aimed to a point opposite the diamond it would not be an exact 2 to 1 angle.

Beard

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fred bentivegna said:
Larry, I made the diagram with a pencil and the edge of an envelope. It was meant to be mathematically perfect. Just a little something to prove a point to Vapros. Dont take the diagram absolutely literally.

Ok, the line from diamond 4 to dia. 2 should start at dia. 4. The line starting past the side is a linear mistake.
The lines point through, rather than at an opposite point on the cushion, the diamond. That is in order to portray a perfect 2 to 1 angle. If we aimed to a point opposite the diamond it would not be an exact 2 to 1 angle.

Beard
thanks for the reply Freddy,
didnt mean to be "picky":eek: :D

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
...rubbing my eyes....

...rubbing my eyes....

...from the diagram it looks like 1/4 diamond long...I'll have to remember that....;) ....but I like to "fire 'em in"...so I better give it 1/2 diamond....:D