Re. the spotting balls in the kitchen proposed rule change

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hey Steve...Yesterday or the day before, in one of your posts you said that the 'spotting balls in the kitchen rule change' was successfully implemented some years back by Grady in one of his Legends of One Pocket Tournaments...well, not really..unless by "successful" you mean that nobody quit the tournament because of the rule, or cussed out Grady, lol....because I played in that tournament, and we had a thread on here about 8-9 years ago discussing that rule change - here's my post from that archived thread ---->

I Played in Gradys "Legends" tournament in South Carolina in September 2002 with his 'speeded up' rules (spotting up balls that are in the kitchen), and call me a traditionalist, but I didn't like it, and am totally against it - it's not real One Pocket..:mad:....and I talked to many players at the tournament and none of them liked it either.....and just to name one flaw/real bad thing about the 'spotting balls in the kitchen' rule that was used in the tournament - it took away a ton of straight back banks and also 2-rail and three-in-the-corner banks - and those shots are a big part of the beauty and the skill set of One Pocket...and believe me, the real strong bankers, really didn't like the rule...

One Pocket AIN'T BROKE AND DON'T NEED TO BE FIXED - The game is perfect just the way it is...:cool:...

And games don't usually slow down all that much anyways, unless you're playing against one of the mega-safe type players like Varner or Hopkins - ( of which there aren't all that many of in these current modern times ).

- Ghost

PS, And forgive me for immodestly adding, that I finished in 9th place and cashed for $500 in this tournament, winning my matches against Danny Harriman and Richie Richeson along the way.

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hey Steve...Yesterday or the day before, in one of your posts you said that the 'spotting balls in the kitchen rule change' was successfully implemented some years back by Grady in one of his Legends of One Pocket Tournaments...well, not really..unless by "successful" you mean that nobody quit the tournament because of the rule, or cussed out Grady, lol....because I played in that tournament, and we had a thread on here about 8-9 years ago discussing that rule change - here's my post from that archived thread ---->

Ahem. That was not Grady's Rules. He asked me to allow him to use my copyrighted Speedo OnePocket rules.

Beard

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Re. the spotting balls in the kitchen proposed rule change

They were also used fairly recently at one of the CA tournaments I saw live streamed