"Raising the Hustler" ((UNOFFICIAL TRAILER))

ChicagoPlayer1

Well-Known-Member
This-

This-

Looks good Angel...and, with respect, some input.....I really liked the semi-classical music in the first half of the trailer - it put forth a nice mood of dramatic tension - very effective...conversely, the funk-rock music in the second half was more typical and very average imo.

Best of luck, Ghost

This is actually over 2yrs old and I no longer work with that editor.

I just never posted it....:rolleyes:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Other than panning too fast at times, and a few more in close/focused 'tight shots...."I would of loved that"....the flow and the editing mix was great....I def. get the feel of it....too bad all the tee shirts....in the Jansco days it was dress pants, sport coats and dress shoes, and an occasional tie. The music I found very appropriate.

Oh yeah, the camera angle and lighting were frikin' Perfect on the side shot of BI.

So why didn't U emeCopee :p

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Angel, I hope you know we are all rooting for you. As you are well aware, the success or failure of this project will hinge on many, many factors. Some of them you have control of--some you don't. Attention to detail and the product you present will drive acceptance. I don't envy you in your position. This is a huge undertaking. God speed, my lady.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That's a good trailer, Angel. I thought that the editing was fine. If the second half music is too dated, then it's easy to replace it, since it's not synced to the action.

I sure hope this project comes to fruition!

Best~
Doc

u12armresl

Verified Member
Hi Angel,

A comment.

I'll purchase it when it comes out, without a doubt, one to support you, and two because it's pool related.

The comment.

It's very hard to tell what the idea of the movie/documentary is about, because it seems to move around a bit. The only constant is Shane, and talking about pool/money. Maybe if you recut, add more of the wording like you put at the beginning to let the viewer know the intent of the movie.

The shots were nice, the color good.

What did you use to film it?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
You could inform players that you'll be doing a shoot, and the ones that get ''dressed up'' would most likely be in the movie, you then could Via the internet ''stereotype'' this next generation of players, the next Shane.'' And help thee entire industry.

ChicagoPlayer1

Well-Known-Member
HI there!

HI there!

Hi Angel,

A comment.

I'll purchase it when it comes out, without a doubt, one to support you, and two because it's pool related.

The comment.

It's very hard to tell what the idea of the movie/documentary is about, because it seems to move around a bit. The only constant is Shane, and talking about pool/money. Maybe if you recut, add more of the wording like you put at the beginning to let the viewer know the intent of the movie.

The shots were nice, the color good.

What did you use to film it?

Perhaps you haven't seen the teaser-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uxH63RqwSM

As I have remarked, pool is more than just it's "Hustler" stigma as it is more than just one player or one type of game.
Stories have many parts to them and I certainly spell out every single thing I focus on in the film.
I will not do that here just to appease the curious.

This is a documentary for theatrical release-It is in editing and post-production-

I have not announced it formally yet, but you'll be interested to know:
I have commissioned Disney/Marvel comic artist Scott Beaderstadt to do the graphic novel of the film!

Documentaries don't make much money and barely cause a ripple in the mainstream,
however, for the next 5 years the film industry is making over 50 films from screenplays of graphic novels and comic books-
If that's where the industry is shopping, that's where we need to be.

I am of the opinion that actors will fight tooth and nail to be the
"John McEnroe" of pool or any of the champions and legends featured.

I know of very few fans more loyal than comic book fans (besides pool fans)
This will be the foundation for a feature film to be created based on the graphic novel.
Then I'll do as I like with the documentary

Now you got the inside track...

I haven't spent all this time, money, blood and tears finding out the problems with our industry and pool finding ground again in the mainstream,
without a plan to help it.
I have done my due diligence...

It was shot with a Canon GL2.
-CK

Attachments

• Cali 2014 Me AFM  (87).JPG
    Cali 2014 Me AFM (87).JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

Perhaps you haven't seen the teaser-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uxH63RqwSM

As I have remarked, pool is more than just it's "Hustler" stigma as it is more than just one player or one type of game.
Stories have many parts to them and I certainly spell out every single thing I focus on in the film.
I will not do that here just to appease the curious.

This is a documentary for theatrical release-It is in editing and post-production-

I have not announced it formally yet, but you'll be interested to know:
I have commissioned Disney/Marvel comic artist Scott Beaderstadt to do the graphic novel of the film!

Documentaries don't make much money and barely cause a ripple in the mainstream,
however, for the next 5 years the film industry is making over 50 films from screenplays of graphic novels and comic books-
If that's where the industry is shopping, that's where we need to be.

I am of the opinion that actors will fight tooth and nail to be the
"John McEnroe" of pool or any of the champions and legends featured.

I know of very few fans more loyal than comic book fans (besides pool fans)
This will be the foundation for a feature film to be created based on the graphic novel.
Then I'll do as I like with the documentary

Now you got the inside track...

I haven't spent all this time, money, blood and tears finding out the problems with our industry and pool finding ground again in the mainstream,
without a plan to help it.
I have done my due diligence...

It was shot with a Canon GL2.
-CK

I've always thought that Roger Griffis, would be pools best representation of the Fat Man....bar none. He's like a happy go lucky Swanee, with allot more outward DNA energy, like Rudolph, with a great smile.