rafael martinez vs efren

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
have to go out in for me freezing (50*)weather in 30 minutes so heres a quick one
rafa is still shooting having made 2 balls this inning
ball score 4-2 his favor
wwyd
rr11.jpg

rr10.jpg

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
He'll clip the seven ball in and come six rails around and land behind the two straight in on the fourteen, that's my best guess. :heh Having played him and know em for years....its most likely his first thought :D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I too think that he'll slice in the brown (7?). The CB will come off the foot rail to bump the 12 ball, allowing him shape on the 6 (might need a touch of inside). He might even get out here.

~Doc

unoperro

Verified Member
He'll clip the seven ball in and come six rails around and land behind the two straight in on the fourteen, that's my best guess. :heh Having played him and know em for years....its most likely his first thought :D

Yeah it sits pretty good for that? 4-5-6 rails.
Rafeal does like to shoot:)

Years ago rumor was Rafeal was stabbed in a barfight and died. I was with a mutual friend of his when Rafeal walked into the poolhall where his friend and I were playing.I have never seen my friend so happy as when he saw Rafeal!. My poor Spanish couldnt keep up with that conversation!

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
He shoots a lot of high powered shots, I don't believe he can go around the table with the 5 ball in the way. (but maybe)
As to what I would do, I'd try to carom the 2 ball one rail. :)
Rod.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I like crossing the five to my side and snuggling the cue ball between the 2/14.

Rafael probably shot the 7, but it looks to me like there is a low percentage to get more than one ball and lots of problems if you miss.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
I'd try to carom the 2 ball one rail. :)
Rod.
Me too, except I'd bank the 2 and carom the 14(?) - assuming the scratch and kiss look easy enough to avoid. I'm not shooting anything else (except maybe a hanger) with those two balls in front of his pocket.

pj
chgo

View attachment 92750

Attachments

• shot.jpg
    shot.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I don't believe he can go four rails around the table and play shape for any ball because of the position of the 5ball being in the path of the route that's needed to be taken. However, if the 15ball is pocketable after the 7ball is moved then I would pocket the 7ball then go into the 5ball and play position for the 15ball to possibly open up the balls with, which would give me the ability to possibly run out.

I like this shot because it lays natural for the cue ball to go into the 5ball which would keep you in line for the 15ball to finish your run.

When I look at options I try to favor options that play the most natural, you have that here with the 7ball into the 5ball, providing the 15ball can be pocketed.

Dr. Bill

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
This is one of those shots that needs video with it. After Rafael shoots the shot, you can almost feel Efren thinking, "Hey, I'm the one who does that kind of shit around here!"

Rafael is a very entertaining player, that's for sure!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

This is one of those shots that needs video with it. After Rafael shoots the shot, you can almost feel Efren thinking, "Hey, I'm the one who does that kind of shit around here!"

Rafael is a very entertaining player, that's for sure!
nice call island drive...:)
you guys that know rafael know of course he went 6 rails with perfect shape and ran out.....:eek:
i wanted to hear what more rational minds would shoot....:D
yes i wish i could show you the video of the cue ball flying around the table the pics dont do it justice
yes rafael is very entertaing to watch and id like to hear what its like to play against him since he is prone to do anything when its his turn....:eek:
rr14.jpg

rr12.jpg

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
This was one of the hardest struck balls you'll ever see! Interestingly, Rafael pretty much tortured Efren and ended up winning. It was neat to watch two 3-cushion players go at it.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Im late to this one but the shot I would have shot is 2 railing the cue ball to split the 2 balls by your opponents pocket. If you catch the 2 ball slightly first you carom the stripe toward your pocket while knocking the 2 ball up table. If you catch the stripe first you might leave a bank because when the cue ball hits the 2 ball second the cue ball will die there. If you catch the stripe than the solid the cue ball will go up table a little bit hiding behind the stack. There is a real good chance of making the billiard
P.S. knowing Martinez I would have bet my life he would have chose the shot he chose. He is a creative but crazy son of a bitch. Nice execution though

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Im late to this one but the shot I would have shot is 2 railing the cue ball to split the 2 balls by your opponents pocket. If you catch the 2 ball slightly first you carom the stripe toward your pocket while knocking the 2 ball up table. If you catch the stripe first you might leave a bank because when the cue ball hits the 2 ball second the cue ball will die there. If you catch the stripe than the solid the cue ball will go up table a little bit hiding behind the stack. There is a real good chance of making the billiard
P.S. knowing Martinez I would have bet my life he would have chose the shot he chose. He is a creative but crazy son of a bitch. Nice execution though

Good Eye, I like that shot. Didn't see it.There's a lot of them I don't see.
Rod.

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
For him to execute that shot, it had to have been new cloth so that he got six rails and backed up into those two balls. At first glance, I thought he might use inside english on the seven and try to open up those two balls in the stack and get a shot. Rafael shoots some very unorthodox shots from time to time and when he's cooking he is a monster. Wow what a shot……….

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Good Eye, I like that shot. Didn't see it. Of There's a lot of them I don't see.
Rod.

rob good eye indeed....:)
please dont be a stranger here
we all can learn from you...:)