RA vs McKready/plaitis

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
lll said:
ronnies shot what would you do?? or what do you think he did??

View attachment 2118

I can't tell which ball is what, but he probably banked what looks to be the 2 towards that ball on the rail and went off the stripe with whitey. Tough to do one-handed for sure. He came to my hometown in his prime and beat a pretty damn player {James "Meathead" Parks playing one handed.

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
This could be one possible shot.

Attachments

• RA vs McKreadyplaitis - OnePocket.jpg
    RA vs McKreadyplaitis - OnePocket.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 0

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:
ronnies shot what would you do?? or what do you think he did??

View attachment 2118

Larry...see post #5, in the "Number the Pocket" thread...:p...then guess which item you left out...:cool:

PS..If he didn't attempt to cut the striped ball by the spot...he was over medicated...:eek: (this is why "ball count" may be important)

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
SJDinPHX said:
Larry...see post #5, in the "Number the Pocket" thread...:p...then guess which item you left out...:cool:

PS..If he didn't attempt to cut the striped ball by the spot...he was over medicated...:eek: (this is why "ball count" may be important)
I looked at the cut too, but shooting one-handed that is a pretty good reach -- that's why I went with the kick.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
SJDinPHX said:
Larry...see post #5, in the "Number the Pocket" thread......then guess which item you left out

PS..If he didn't attempt to cut the striped ball by the spot...he was over medicated... (this is why "ball count" may be important)
ok ronnies pocket is marked, score is 1-6 ronnie down in the ball count
ronnie is not shooting one handed on this shot (although he does during the match i beleive he alternated)
sometimes i skip thru tapes to get a shot that looks interesting and i dont have all the details:eek:
i can only ask for leniency in my senteance when that happens:rolleyes:
id hate to be a demoted to lurker status and
im not like favre
it takes me alot longer than 3 minutes at work to make $50,000:eek: :rolleyes: :D

JAM

Verified Member
An interesting tidbit of that video is that between rounds, you can see Jimmy Mataya running towards the table, trying to get another bet with Harry, et al. He was betting on Ronnie to win. :D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
JAM said:
An interesting tidbit of that video is that between rounds, you can see Jimmy Mataya running towards the table, trying to get another bet with Harry, et al. He was betting on Ronnie to win. :D
Mataya-- running?? I thought he always just hollered!:D

Doc

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
If Ronnie was down by 5 balls, and it was his 2 handed inning, I would have thought he would have went for it. He has great cueball control coming behind balls and kicking them after pocketing his ball.

Maybe something like this?

Ronnie shoot for your hole.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well desperate times ( down 1-6 in the score)call for agresive shots i guess
ronnie tried to drill the stripe on the long rail(10?) and come 3 -4 cushions with draw around the table for shape and/or safe.
he just barely missed got a good roll and it didnt turn out too bad
1234567.jpg

Last edited: