Post any cool OnePocket Banks

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Figured I?d start this thread in the One Pocket forum. Please post here if you shot one or saw one in a match etc.

Here is one that I shot this week (yes in a money game lol) The Three-rail Straightback. Your pocket is at the other end of the table opposite the 8 (long way) and you cannot one rail it. Inside English with a bit a of a punch stroke. First take winner :). This shot also works the short way of course.

https://youtu.be/U7U9QZQGCxg

bstroud

Verified Member
I was playing Scott Frost a few years ago and he was attempting to shoot a ball in my side pocket and inadvertently banked straight it into his pocket.

He won the game but not the session.

Bill Stroud

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
nice shot Mitch, you better stop showing shots like that or I am going to ask for more weight! :)

PS - Love the video and the youtube format, but one suggestion from a fan, turn your phone sideways so we can see it in a normal ratio and not a thin strip hehe...keep em coming for real!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
nice shot Mitch, you better stop showing shots like that or I am going to ask for more weight! :)

PS - Love the video and the youtube format, but one suggestion from a fan, turn your phone sideways so we can see it in a normal ratio and not a thin strip hehe...keep em coming for real!

Ahhh. Funny. When I watch it on my phone it?s full screen but point noted for PC?s. I?ll try if I can get a good angle that way.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Ahhh. Funny. When I watch it on my phone it?s full screen but point noted for PC?s. I?ll try if I can get a good angle that way.

Sounds good buddy, I like your format better than nothing at all, but if you tun it sideways you will get a much better recording no matter what you are watching it on! Maybe we will get to see one of your matches on your phone or streamed someday so we can try to learn some new moves! :)

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Figured I?d start this thread in the One Pocket forum. Please post here if you shot one or saw one in a match etc.

Here is one that I shot this week (yes in a money game lol) The Three-rail Straightback. Your pocket is at the other end of the table opposite the 8 (long way) and you cannot one rail it. Inside English with a bit a of a punch stroke. First take winner :). This shot also works the short way of course.

https://youtu.be/U7U9QZQGCxg

My hero!!!!!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
great shot mitch
i have too much else to get good at before i start practicing that one !!!!!! LOL

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I finally made that long 3 recently -- first time ever -- in an "Around the World" game (not One Pocket) on a Diamond table. Once in a while one of these more unusual banks actually comes up in a game and they make sense, maybe because a ball is blocking the usual shot (like Mitch's shot), or maybe the side pocket scratch is "on" or maybe something else that turns the odd choice into a good choice!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I finally made that long 3 recently -- first time ever -- in an "Around the World" game (not One Pocket) on a Diamond table. Once in a while one of these more unusual banks actually comes up in a game and they make sense, maybe because a ball is blocking the usual shot (like Mitch's shot), or maybe the side pocket scratch is "on" or maybe something else that turns the odd choice into a good choice!

That?s great, Steve. Another cool thing about this shot is ?It takes a while to develop? lol. After you hit it you have to wait a while to see the result.