Possible first trip to DCC

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Got some possible business near DCC this year (no jokes please) and thus considering dropping in. For you seasoned DCC guys:
1. Do I need to buy seating before I go down or can I get good seats while down there.
2. Other than the TV table can you watch other matches?
3. Is there a cost to enter and watch (not play)?

Thx in advance. Hope to see some of you down there.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Got some possible business near DCC this year (no jokes please) and thus considering dropping in. For you seasoned DCC guys:
1. Do I need to buy seating before I go down or can I get good seats while down there.
2. Other than the TV table can you watch other matches?
3. Is there a cost to enter and watch (not play)?

Thx in advance. Hope to see some of you down there.

The best TV arena seating sells early, but it is easy to get quite good seats for free for most matches just by getting there early and sitting in one of the better free seats. You might get away with perching in a reserved seat, but if the seat holder shows up, out you go lol. PS I never buy the seats -- but rather I settle for a couple of rows back, preferably sitting with a fellow member and sharing our own commentary :D

All other matches definitely you can watch -- it is just a trick to grab a good seat ASAP or maybe even ahead of time, when there is a really good non-TV match -- which is often!!

Yes there is a cost to enter the tournament area -- you can go daily or a longer package I believe. But the most popular "good deal" is to enter one of the main tournaments -- that gets you a "player pass" for the duration of the event, whenther you are eliminated or not!! That is why some people sign up for Banks, which is the cheapest of the threee disciplines.But I hear Banks entry went up this year a bit, with more moeny being added to the Banks prize fund by Diamond.

Tables to mix and match up on are few and far between -- however if you are a night owl, the tournament tables all become available (as coin tables that run on timers) after the day's tournament matches have ended -- so around 11 or so they begin to become available.

Get on down there !!

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
The ticket fees posted for the 2020 Derby City Classic are as follows:

9 Day Event Pass
VIP $185
VIP TV $240 (sold out)

3 Day VIP Finals Pass
Jan 30, 31 and Feb 1
$105

General Admission
$100

Daily Admission AM
General Admission $6
VIP $10

Daily Admission PM
General Admission $9
VIP $15

Spouse wrist band $50 (must purchase player entry)

VIP & VIP TV Seats are non refundable and non transferable
Spouse passes to VIP will be charged full price due to limited seating.

9-Ball Bank Player Entry is $!60
1-Pocket Player Entry is $160
9-Ball Player Entry is $!60

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Yes, it looks like DCC has now leveled entry fees Banks -- One Pocket -- 9-Ball all $160. And someone was asking about the balls and cue balls that will be used. I see the flyer specifically says Cyclop Hyperion pool balls and Cyclop TV (that means measles) cue ball.

youngstown

Verified Member
Possible first trip to DCC

When did Caesar’s buy out the Horseshoe?

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i entered banks and one pocket a couple weeks ago and was going to get a vip tv seat also (front row around the table), but they are already gone....:frus

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Well shoot...lol

Well shoot...lol

Well that's one way to solve the problems with too many players... Anybody notice what they did? Looks like they screwed us amateurs...lol

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I thought the buy backs were $60 or $80 last year. I also noticed they are now charging $50 for spouse badge. Looks to be a bit of a money grab.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I thought the buy backs were $60 or $80 last year. I also noticed they are now charging $50 for spouse badge. Looks to be a bit of a money grab.

Yep... I forgot the spouse badge... Sorry to derail the thread. If i were you Nick i would definitely go while its still doable.. There's a reason every gambler form around the world is there.
You don't have to worry about seating. Just sleep...lol Every seat is close everywhere... If you are into watching high stakes gambling matches, you can rent a seat in Rays action room. He should be selling seats soon.
Of course quite a few of us will be there too.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks for all the good suggestions guys. Now all I have to do is convince the boss that I have business in the area...well I convinced myself so I guess I can go.

One last question. What about the Big Foot matches. Is that in a separate area or do they use the TV arena and then switch the table out? Looking forward to see a bunch of you there. Not sure I have time to play so I will be members official waterboy.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Thanks for all the good suggestions guys. Now all I have to do is convince the boss that I have business in the area...well I convinced myself so I guess I can go.

One last question. What about the Big Foot matches. Is that in a separate area or do they use the TV arena and then switch the table out? Looking forward to see a bunch of you there. Not sure I have time to play so I will be members official waterboy.

They set the 10ft up in the only tv arena. Then after it is over they replace it with a 9ft for the rest of DCC.Not a whole lot of spectators for the Bigfoot so you can sit ring side for most of those...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hope you can make it Nick, you wont be disappointed!

For what it's worth, I would always advise someone to sign up for an event, get your badge and just get in free for the whole event.

If you have time to play, it will be a thrill! If you don't well, at least you have free entry to come and go as you please over the entire event, even if it's a little more than buying daily passes..

See you there either way!

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Besides raising the bank entry... they doubled the buy backs from 50 to 100... ouch...

This will probably lower the number of entrants... maybe we will get our gambling tables back that they had to turn into tournament tables last year.