Poolplayers from my past .

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
Guys i'm always curious on what happen to a few poolplayers from years ago if they still play or if there dead or alive . Just maybe someone knows these old players ?

Cary Zimmerman & Dave Webb & Mike Gambone - shoes All from Chicago

Eddie Matthews - Wisconsin - Maybe Kenosha

Kevin Kehoe or Keough not sure of the spelling or where he was from .

Advance thanks if anyone knows if they still play .

Phil G

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You left out Billy Blake & LeBlanc

You left out Billy Blake & LeBlanc

philip guagliardo said:
Guys i'm always curious on what happen to a few poolplayers from years ago if they still play or if there dead or alive . Just maybe someone knows these old players ?

Phil G

Billy Blake killed himself after he returned from Viet Nam. He got discharged because he wouldnt shoot at the Cong. He got caught shooting his weapon at the ground.
Dave Webb went crazy. I dont think he is still alive. Mike Shoes Gambony is in Arizona and plays poker all the time. Goes to all the big poker tournaments.
Gambony was given a year to live, 15 years ago. He had some form of Lou Gerhrig's disease. He cured himself by staying up for days playing cards, drinking, and snorting cocaine. Actual fact.
There is a girl that I email from Chicago that used to date Billy Blake. She told me about Kevin, but I forgot.
Robert Cotton LeBlanc lives in Vegas and plays a lot with Fatboy.

Freddy

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
Phil,
the last I heard of Carey Zimmerman he was living in Arizona I believe.
He was selling blown glass objects. That was about 10 yrs ago.

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
hi

hi

Phil Thanks ,

I wish I knew where in Arizona if he's still there and the same with shoes because I go there every year now and am going in December .

Fred I didn't forget Blake , him and I were stationed together at Fort Leonard Wood , Missouri . In fact he couldn't beat this guy named Pee Wee and staked me and I robbed him a couple times . We even went to St Louis together where I played the best in my life . When we got out he acted strange and wanted to play me all the time and it was robbery and I just couldn't figure out why he wanted to play me because I thought we were friends . I also heard he went nuts like Butch Dennis over some girl and that's why he did himself in . I never played Leblanc !! I could list a lot of others , but I really don't care for them much like Joe Boy Ping Pong little Cotton - Jessie . The only other one that I would like to know about is Leon Ledford a real good guy .

Phil G

Butch Dennis has to be dead !! What a wasted talent .

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Leon Ledford

Leon Ledford

philip guagliardo said:
Phil Thanks ,

I wish I knew where in Arizona if he's still there and the same with shoes because I go there every year now and am going in December .

Fred I didn't forget Blake , him and I were stationed together at Fort Leonard Wood , Missouri . In fact he couldn't beat this guy named Pee Wee and staked me and I robbed him a couple times . We even went to St Louis together where I played the best in my life . When we got out he acted strange and wanted to play me all the time and it was robbery and I just couldn't figure out why he wanted to play me because I thought we were friends . I also heard he went nuts like Butch Dennis over some girl and that's why he did himself in . I never played Leblanc !! I could list a lot of others , but I really don't care for them much like Joe Boy Ping Pong little Cotton - Jessie . The only other one that I would like to know about is Leon Ledford a real good guy .

Phil G

Butch Dennis has to be dead !! What a wasted talent .

Last I heard Leon was in Florida. I have Shoes phone number. I havent called him in awhile so I dont know if the number is still good. A girl who knew and dated Blake said he was depressed at being called a coward in Viet Nam.
In a firefight he got caught shooting his weapon into the dirt rather than at the Cong.

Freddy

I agree, Butch has to be dead.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Never knew these folk ... too bad.

But as for Mr. Blake, I would not call him a coward ... he was there wasn't he?

But at the same time if you are in a firefight and you are going to fire at the ground then there are some overriding issues that say you would be better off somewhere else where you are less of a danger to yourself and the other poor souls who are trying to stay alive by killing others.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
philip guagliardo said:

Phil G

Phil.......10 years ago, when I was staying down in Florida for a few months, I went over to check out the small, weekly 9ball tournament at the poolroom in Pompano Beach....well when I walk in, who's there practicing on a table before the tournament starts - Kevin Kehoe...don't know about now, but he was living down around there at that time....so we shot the sh*t and he asked about all of the players/action back in Chicago, and we hung around together a little bit for a few weeks...he was still hitting them pretty good, and he's got that nice soft, smooth stroke.

- Ghosty

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
hi

hi

Ghost , The reason I ask about him was because he was the last good player that I played nine ball with and always wondered what happen to the guy and he did have a real nice stroke ! I actually retired from the game when the poolroom in Cicero closed . I really never played nine ball anymore even after we opened the Northshore . As I get older I sometimes wonder whatever happened to the guys I battled with , I guess its just part of thinking about the good old times .

Phil G

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
good old times

good old times

Sorry,nothing much to add except heres to the good old times and as we used to say in the Nam,stay high keep low,68-9 cheers,Bob