Playing One Pocket Covid-19 style

johnnytronic

Verified Member
This is a great table (extra tight pockets) but needs a little tune up, some how both pockets roll into each other on both sides of the table. Short rail and long rail banks. The table sits on a wood floor and we know it will change w/ temperture. I'm thinking of getting some 1/4" metal plates for the owner so the table can sit on more than one wooden slat at a time. Has anyone have experience with this. Maybe I should post in another section?

As far as that trap I'm in--I do not recall how I got out. I do recall that I lost 3 games that session.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Johnnytronic said:
This is a great table (extra tight pockets) but needs a little tune up, some how both pockets roll into each other on both sides of the table. Short rail and long rail banks. The table sits on a wood floor and we know it will change w/ temperture. I'm thinking of getting some 1/4" metal plates for the owner so the table can sit on more than one wooden slat at a time. Has anyone have experience with this. Maybe I should post in another section? ...
With that amount of weight it seems like the table would settle into a permanent position irrespective of the weather. Years ago I used to play in a poolroom in downtown Pittsburgh called McGann's (which Cardone will remember), and another in Dormont, PA called Nick's; and they both had old wooden slatted floors. The tables remained level year around.

OTOH if the table is rolling in on itself it may just require internal levelling. As you know the Diamonds have many levelling screws underneath the slate. It might take a table tech to do it right, but I'm sure there's a couple of good techs in the Chicago area.

You might also visit the "table mechanic" forum over at AZbilliards. They've got some pretty knowledgeable guys over there. They might know about the wood floor situation.

catkins

Verified Member
With that amount of weight it seems like the table would settle into a permanent position irrespective of the weather. Years ago I used to play in a poolroom in downtown Pittsburgh called McGann's (which Cardone will remember), and another in Dormont, PA called Nick's; and they both had old wooden slatted floors. The tables remained level year around.

OTOH if the table is rolling in on itself it may just require internal levelling. As you know the Diamonds have many levelling screws underneath the slate. It might take a table tech to do it right, but I'm sure there's a couple of good techs in the Chicago area.

You might also visit the "table mechanic" forum over at AZbilliards. They've got some pretty knowledgeable guys over there. They might know about the wood floor situation.
My table at least changes fairly dramatically because of moisture content raise and lower the ground. Water is an unstoppable force I tell you

sheldon

Verified Member
This is a great table (extra tight pockets) but needs a little tune up, some how both pockets roll into each other on both sides of the table. Short rail and long rail banks. The table sits on a wood floor and we know it will change w/ temperture. I'm thinking of getting some 1/4" metal plates for the owner so the table can sit on more than one wooden slat at a time. Has anyone have experience with this. Maybe I should post in another section?
There's a lot to take in here, but you might find this helpful.
Leveling a diamond is tricky, but not too bad if you're handy and have access to a machinist's level. Make small adjustments and keep rechecking.
Here's what the wedges look like under the slate: