playing from behind

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
The all belive in atoratie and desipline that why one idiot got them all too followe them.

And if he would have won the world would be history thier would be no world.

The followed a mad man. And they did the crulest thing ever done too man kind.

And nobody had enough heart or balls too stop him. THey can be glade he didnt get the atomick bomb first.

And ypu wouldnt have too worry about watching basket ball it would never have happened.

He would have blown up one country at a time. And the finaly would have been taken his father land with him.

He was one real disturbed person. And always be aware off a goverment having too much power.

Thier can be other adolfs lerking around.

Dont worry about loosing a coustomer. Thier will allways be more. Concentrate on winning.

This is not your livly hood any way. This is your recreation. And if the player thinks he can win. And likes playing you .

You can win every time and he will keep playing. Dont worry about what you think you can control.

Because we cannot controll another person. Only ourselves.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Banks said:
I have nearly nothing on the gambling history, so I'm just kinda putting this out there to chew on.

How much has he played pool? How proficient is he in his shot selection and execution? In other words, while working towards that big pie in the sky, will you still be able to cover any improvements he makes in his game during the wait? Giving people a heavy spread like that while they improve could just turn into donating, I'd think.

I know the money could be pocket change or at least what you'd be willing to hand over gambling, but are you also risking being bled out only to be up $10k after all the time you put in?

It seems you've got yourself into a bit of a squeeze..
1) You're giving up a heavy spot that you have to outrun.
2) He consistently quits even or ahead.
3) If you crush him, you risk losing him.
4) If he has the capacity to improve, you could just as easily be on the hard end of things.

That said, the best I've done playing has been when I wasn't trying to win much(or even gamble), but they were practically throwing their $$ at me. Maybe if you just went into it like practice or just to have a good time with friendly competition, his wallet may open up a little. Remember, those Europeans are more social.. dinner isn't just dinner, it's an evening of socializing. Perhaps that kind of thing may loosen his pockets..

yes he has played pool in the past, his fundementals are too good not to have played, i watched him play 8 ball last pocket against a banger and he didnt make any mistakes, when he picks 4 or 5 balls he never ever makes a mistake, he has only missed a couple 8 balls and very few balls period, if i leave him long i'm ok. but he did play before he is 45.

Your right down the line, We been playing at my house and are social otherwise. But I like the game for a number of reasons, I'm playing better each session, except one session. He is too. Yes I have to out run the nuts to win, I will never crush him-he is way to smart. He is a solid poker player and over-all triple smart guy,

So why play?

first off let me clear something up, I aint got the $$$ I had 4 years ago, I lost 90% of my $$$. So $1000/gm is a pile right now, 5 years ago it would have been a waste of time for me. but now it isnt. I cant go in like Dip and blow $50,000 and not care. I need to wint the $$$ when I play.

My goal in pool has awalys been to become a A player, I realize in different areas that has a different meaning. but I want to be a "Player" period. How can I get there? I wasnt born with a lick talent to be a great player, so I figure the best way to become a player is to put myself in tough spots. Some guys wake up and are great players, other guys have to work for it. I'm the latter-I have to work for it. Playing soft action robbing bangers sure as hell isnt gonna do anything for my game. so I play tough games, sure I been robbed a few times, I robbed my fair share of people too.

Some guys cant hold a cue for $100/game, why? because they never had the balls to put them selfs in bigger action often enough to get over it. So they are $50/gm practice players for life. I sure as hell aint the $$$ player Scott is, I hope I am some day, I have to grow into that. And the only way I know to get there is to put myself in action and stay in action. Soon as I get comfortable with a bet size I want to bet more. Its like body building if you want to get stronger when 100 pounds feels light add more weight. In pool when $100 is comfortable-bet $200. and keep jacking the bet until the other side cant stand it. Then cover the rail. If you feel like your in a winnable game, if its a coin toss perhaps back off some. How can you become $$$ player if you dont test your self and push your self? you cant, you become a comfortable practice player who might win $300. Some guys can bet big $$$ faster than others too. Thats one thing in pool, even when I was flat betting what ever I had didnt bother me.

Last edited: