Players in Chicago / New York / Montreal?

Seb Pauchon

From
Vevey - Switzerland
Hi all,
I’m invited to a board game event in Montreal in April and we (my wife is coming along) were originally planning to land in Chicago, do some sightseeing and maybe play a bit of one-pocket before journeying to Canada.

The situation might change a bit and we’re not sure to land in Chicago anymore, maybe New York or even straight to Montreal.

In any case, are there experienced players in those cities you might know who would be interested in friendly (but serious) 1P sessions? As Tom told me a couple of months back, I need exposure, and he certainly is right, the one-pocket landscape in Switzerland is a rather flat one…

So, any suggestions?

Chicago:
New York:
Montreal:

Thanks in advance
seb

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Seb,

If you end up in Chicago, there are players at all skill levels that you can match up with. There are some very strong one pocket players that would love to take some of your swiss cheese.

Just give us a day's notice.

#Cruncher

Verified Member
Of the three cities you mentioned, Chicago has the most one-pocket action, by far. One Pocket Ghost would probably be able to match up with you and then steer you into a few players your level based on how you fare with him.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Of the three cities you mentioned, Chicago has the most one-pocket action, by far. One Pocket Ghost would probably be able to match up with you and then steer you into a few players your level based on how you fare with him.
i agree 100%

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Hi all,
I’m invited to a board game event in Montreal in April and we (my wife is coming along) were originally planning to land in Chicago, do some sightseeing and maybe play a bit of one-pocket before journeying to Canada.

The situation might change a bit and we’re not sure to land in Chicago anymore, maybe New York or even straight to Montreal.

In any case, are there experienced players in those cities you might know who would be interested in friendly (but serious) 1P sessions? As Tom told me a couple of months back, I need exposure, and he certainly is right, the one-pocket landscape in Switzerland is a rather flat one…

So, any suggestions?

Chicago:
New York:
Montreal:

Thanks in advance
seb

You will have a hard time finding 1P in NYC. SandCastle in Edison NJ has the most 1P in the area. I was recently at six different rooms from NYC to Queens to Brooklyn. I had to beg to get some 1P action.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
If you should land in Chicago, give me a call @ 773-412-9575. I'm usually available all times after 3 in the afternoon until the sun comes up.

brexit

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, GA
It’s not his favorite game to play but Sean Morgan at Amsterdam Billiards will gamble 1P and is good action. He runs a few leagues out of the room so is always there.

You will have a hard time finding 1P in NYC. SandCastle in Edison NJ has the most 1P in the area. I was recently at six different rooms from NYC to Queens to Brooklyn. I had to beg to get some 1P action.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
It’s not his favorite game to play but Sean Morgan at Amsterdam Billiards will gamble 1P and is good action. He runs a few leagues out of the room so is always there.

I’ll have to remember Sean. I’ll call ahead next time. I did go to Amsterdam but the place was so dead I went to Society to practice.

Gotham has blue Label Diamonds and a day special, 11-6:30 for $16
Skyline has one tight GC and a day special 11-6 for $20

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Absolutely...Seb, check your messages/conversations.