Player sponsor US Open One Pocket 2016 official thread

keoneyo

Verified Member
I am for sending Steve as well but as an ambassador and rep for onepocket.org
Much can be done with behind the scenes with Mark Griffin and his group. Perhaps there is opportunities on a national level that Steve can take advantage of. Tying our events to a bigger venue.
I saw the list and the field is going to be tough with Pagulayan, Orcollo, SVB, Kiamco etc. I dont know the level of play Steve is capable of so if he feels comfortable in the field and others who know him then I stand corrected. But i agree with those who have said that we should have someone rep us in the competition who can compete on the professional level or close to it.
This is a discussionary point and not one of advocacy.
I think Steve Booth has done a super job and would have him rep me in any way.
I also would like to thank Mark Griffin to hold one of the slots for this great organization.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Okay, okay, it does look like I am going to be our player for this event. I will do the best I can, both playing, and representing onepocket.org, and will also get photos of course.

Thank you all!!

PS It is now too late to vote, but you can still help support and get in on the raffle for those who do chip in. In fact, anyone who is there at the US Open One Pocket can even chip in, in person and still get in the drawing, which I will do right after I return.

Donations for the drawing so far include: Tom Wirth for contributing his new One Pocket book "Controlled Aggression", and wgcp who ended up winning two copies of Tom's book and has generously passed one forward to this drawing. I will again donate a double set of Freddy's "Banks that don't go but do" DVDs. And fastlenny for donating a set of DVD's including several Efren, Scott & Cliff matches.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Okay, okay, it does look like I am going to be our player for this event. I will do the best I can, both playing, and representing onepocket.org, and will also get photos of course.

Thank you all!!

PS It is now too late to vote, but you can still help support and get in on the raffle for those who do chip in. In fact, anyone who is there at the US Open One Pocket can even chip in, in person and still get in the drawing, which I will do right after I return.

Donations for the drawing so far include: Tom Wirth for contributing his new One Pocket book "Controlled Aggression", and wgcp who ended up winning two copies of Tom's book and has generously passed one forward to this drawing. I will again donate a double set of Freddy's "Banks that don't go but do" DVDs. And fastlenny for donating a set of DVD's including several Efren, Scott & Cliff matches.

You 'da MAAAAAN!

Good luck.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thank you all for sponsoring me at the US Open One Pocket! I had a great time and one highlight was that I got my first shot on a TV table -- against Shane van Boening lol. The Open is a great tournament that needs our continuing support. This year, the odds seemed to be stacked against a strong turnout, whether it was the location, short notice, travel fatigue by players or not enough promotion, this was a low turnout year. Two very strong players who were committed to come also missed it -- Darren Appleton was sick and Dennis Orcullo was stuck in Houston. The size of the field can only go up from here. I fell strongly that this event deserves our support and between now and the next one, I want to have a better plan from my own end as to what I/we can do to help see it succeed.

It's time for the drawing for donated items, and they will go out in this order: First winner gets Tom Wirth's new One Pocket book; Second winner gets the second copy of Tom's book; 3rd winner gets a set of Freddy's two volume "Banks that don't go but do" DVDs and 4rth winner gets a collection of DVD's from fastlenny.

I will use the lst two digits of the MA daily number for this, and with not all numbers covered, we might go some drawings without a winner, but will just roll forward to the next drawing. I am starting with this Thursday's evening drawing (they do two a day) -- that gives anyone who did not get in a last minute chance to jump in, and also any corrections in case I missed a donation in the list here. I'm just assigning the numbers in the order I listed the donations.

lll 100: 01-02-03-04-05-06-07
jrhendy 50: 08-09-10
unoperro 50: 11-12-13
miller 50: 14-15-16
Cory 50: 17-18-19
wincardona 100: 20-21-22-23-24-25-26
Cowboy Dennis: 27-28-29-30-31-32-33
Anonymous: 34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42-43-44-45-46-47

Good luck to all!!!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Good luck to all!!!

FWIW -- if I'm not missing something -- Cowboy Dennis deserves credit for more than $100 donation. Maybe should get all of "anonymous'" numbers if they're not claimed (credibly :heh ). That would credit him $300, still low, IMO, but much better.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Player sponsor US Open One Pocket 2016 official thread

FWIW -- if I'm not missing something -- Cowboy Dennis deserves credit for more than $100 donation. Maybe should get all of "anonymous'" numbers if they're not claimed (credibly :heh ). That would credit him $300, still low, IMO, but much better.

Yes, I didn't really know what to put in there but I wanted to do something. I will add another 7 numbers for Dennis before the drawing. It is a mint condition book. My bad for not simply asking Dennis.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Yes, I didn't really know what to put in there but I wanted to do something. I will add another 7 numbers for Dennis before the drawing. It is a mint condition book. My bad for not simply asking Dennis.

I actually doubt that he cares, but just that kind of recognition has value. Glad you see it as I do.

Steve,

Thanks for the inclusion in the drawing but I'll bow out. There's nothing in it that I want or need. Do what you want with my numbers.

Thanks again. It was my pleasure to donate the book just as it was with the others I've given away.

Dennis

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Steve,

Thanks for the inclusion in the drawing but I'll bow out. There's nothing in it that I want or need. Do what you want with my numbers.

Thanks again. It was my pleasure to donate the book just as it was with the others I've given away.

Dennis

Thank you Dennis -- but I was wondering about the fastlenny DVD's -- they might be something you don't have.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
OK, we have our first winner from last night's drawing 1-1-0-7 -- lll wins Tom Wirth's book, One Pocket, a Game of Controlled Aggression! I believe you already have that, but now you have a gift copy coming :) Congratulations and THANKS aGAIN!!

The MA Daily number is drawn twice each day, so about 1 PM today is next, followed by 8 PM tonight.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
OK, we have our first winner from last night's drawing 1-1-0-7 -- lll wins Tom Wirth's book, One Pocket, a Game of Controlled Aggression! I believe you already have that, but now you have a gift copy coming :) Congratulations and THANKS aGAIN!!

The MA Daily number is drawn twice each day, so about 1 PM today is next, followed by 8 PM tonight.

yes steve i do have a copy but i will pass this copy on to a newbie who has a thirst to learn onepocket....:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
yes steve i do have a copy but i will pass this copy on to a newbie who has a thirst to learn onepocket....:)

It looks like I have your address -- unless it has changed in the last couple of years, so I will send it off.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Three winners so far with one left to go. Congratulations and thanks again!!

These are your lucky numbers again:

And the twice daily drawings can be found here (we are using the last two digits of their daily number only):
http://www.masslottery.com/games/lottery/numbers-game.html

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Okay, we got our last winner tonight. Cowboy Dennis wins a DVD package that fastlenny is donating. I have your address, Dennis, which I will pass on to Lenny right now!

Thanks again to all who donated!!!

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Okay, we got our last winner tonight. Cowboy Dennis wins a DVD package that fastlenny is donating. I have your address, Dennis, which I will pass on to Lenny right now!

Thanks again to all who donated!!!

Thank you very Steve (and Lenny), they will not go to waste:).

Dennis