Philly 1P

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Philly 1P

Heck Mitch, you are one of the faves to knock this thing off, you should be hoping to get streamed!

That way, come the 2017 DCC, I can get a few balls when we tango :)

I did play in a One Pocket Warmup tournament before the Expo last month, and was lucky enough to make it to the finals, so I guess anything is possible.

Lot more monsters in this one though. I am hoping for a few upsets though and to make it into the money.

You have 8-7 CK. You're a good dude. But this means you can't get any better before the Derby 😂.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, he's entered anyway. The guy who organized it paid for Keith's entry. It's not confirmed if he'll make the trip yet. But just the thought is great!

Also- I went here today to check out the tables and meet the owner. GC's with average sized pockets and slower good cloth. Tables played well. Nice room!
With the owners putting up his entry, it does suspiciously sound like more of an enticement to Keith, but it sure would be great to have The Quakester back in the mix! Reportedly he's been playing a little during the past few years. Perhaps his best days are behind him, but I'm sure he can still bring it! Few players are more fun to watch.

~Doc

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I did play in a One Pocket Warmup tournament before the Expo last month, and was lucky enough to make it to the finals, so I guess anything is possible.

Lot more monsters in this one though. I am hoping for a few upsets though and to make it into the money.

You have 8-7 CK. You're a good dude. But this means you can't get any better before the Derby 😂.

You are too generous! :rolleyes:

Considering you played ghost even at the dcc and you said he should give me 10-6, I am thinking 8-7 may still be a little lop sided. However, we will just bench this topic for now because as you said, who knows, I may actually get better between now and then..

(I am still saying you win the Philly 1P tourney though!!!)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Philly 1P

You are too generous! :rolleyes:

Considering you played ghost even at the dcc and you said he should give me 10-6, I am thinking 8-7 may still be a little lop sided. However, we will just bench this topic for now because as you said, who knows, I may actually get better between now and then..

(I am still saying you win the Philly 1P tourney though!!!)

I never said 10-6 for the ghost. Plus I got lucky breaking even with him. :).

We'll figure it out then. We are both looking to have fun. Not get hurt, so it will be cheap and adjustable.

Frank Wojo

Verified Member
Is the Philly One Pocket Championship Still On

Is the Philly One Pocket Championship Still On

I haven't heard any updates for quite a while. I posted on AZ and asked if there were any drop outs of players or additions and no one responded. I am particularly interested if anyone can confirm that Allen, Darren, Jimmy and Pete are actually confirmed and if in fact they intend to show up. Don't want to drive 3 hours if these guys aren't going to play.

Thanks

Wedge

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Philly 1P

I haven't heard any updates for quite a while. I posted on AZ and asked if there were any drop outs of players or additions and no one responded. I am particularly interested if anyone can confirm the Allen, Darren, Jimmy, Pete and Keith are actually confirmed and if in fact they intend to show up.

Thanks

Wedge

No idea about Allen. I believe Darren is playing. Jimmy not looking like it. His back is acting up a bit apparently. Pete said that he's going. Keith (and Jam) say they are going. I hope they do come as I told them cheesesteaks are on me! From the site, I'll be there as as well as Corey from DC. I have no expectations but hoping I can win a match or two.

Are you coming, Wedge?

Frank Wojo

Verified Member
Not sure yet

Not sure yet

No idea about Allen. I believe Darren is playing. Jimmy not looking like it. His back is acting up a bit apparently. Pete said that he's going. Keith (and Jam) say they are going. I hope they do come as I told them cheesesteaks are on me! From the site, I'll be there as as well as Corey from DC. I have no expectations but hoping I can win a match or two.

Are you coming, Wedge?

Long drive for me. Looks like Jimmy is out and I really wanted to see him play again. Would like some kind of confirmation that Hopkins and Appleton are going to show before I decide.

kkdanamatt

Verified Member
From
Livingston, NJ
I can't wait for this event !

I can't wait for this event !

I spoke with Jimmy Fusco a few weeks ago and he definitely can not play due to his physical ailments.

Hopkins has been playing 11-5 with one of my buddies, so I know he's still capable of moving whitey pretty well. This event is close to his home, so he may play.

I haven't seen Keith compete in many years, so when he shows up I'm sure the place will rock!
Jam posted somewhere on AZB that Keith is playing.

I plan to be there with my camera, photographing for the media.
Have the promoters made any deals with nearby motels for players and spectators?

Attachments

• Jimmy Fusco and His Philly Friends.jpg
    Jimmy Fusco and His Philly Friends.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Philly 1P

I spoke with Jimmy Fusco a few weeks ago and he definitely can not play due to his physical ailments.

Hopkins has been playing 11-5 with one of my buddies, so I know he's still capable of moving whitey pretty well. This event is close to his home, so he may play.

I haven't seen Keith compete in many years, so when he shows up I'm sure the place will rock!

Jam posted somewhere on AZB that Keith is playing.

I plan to be there with my camera, photographing for the media.

Have the promoters made any deals with nearby motels for players and spectators?

I asked Vinny and here is his response:

I don't. But there is multiple hotels around there that are around $69 a night

Tom Wirth: On a side note, in that picture, the guy second from the right is my buddy Bob who got your book and may come down to Fl to see you.

Frank Wojo

Verified Member
Tournament Update Please

Tournament Update Please

The tournament is only 10 days away and the TD/Promoter Vinnie...(AKA phillyviper1) hasn't posted any updates on AZ Billiards in 2 months. There was lots of activity when the thread started which is probably normal.

Is this event still going to happen as advertised.

Thanks for any updates :frus

Wedge

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Philly 1P

The tournament is only 10 days away and the TD/Promoter Vinnie...(AKA phillyviper1) hasn't posted any updates on AZ Billiards in 2 months. There was lots of activity when the thread started which is probably normal.

Is this event still going to happen as advertised.

Thanks for any updates :frus

Wedge

Yes. It's still on. He posted an update on FB a week or so ago and I've seen him several times recently and it's confirmed.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Philly 1P

Here is the official players list as of a few minutes ago (don't think Jimmy though like I mentioned, and looks like no McCready)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I asked Vinny and here is his response:

I don't. But there is multiple hotels around there that are around $69 a night

Tom Wirth: On a side note, in that picture, the guy second from the right is my buddy Bob who got your book and may come down to Fl to see you.

What about that gray haired dude to our left of center? He aught to come down for a few lessons too.

Tom

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Philly 1P

Apparently it's 23.99 for 3 months. You also get the entire archive which includes 5000 videos.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Is my buddy John Cornflakes Hennigan there? Tell him the boys at House of Billiards in Santa Monica say hello!!!!