Petes Corner Pocket Open 1 Pocket Tournament

schitzngigglz

Verified Member
From
Bristol, TN

Saturday Nov. 23, 2013 doors open at 11:00, players meeting and auction starts at 1:00 play starts directly after auction.

$70.00 entry for pre sign up, $75.00 if signing up on the 23rd $250.00 added for 16 players $500.00 added for 32 players.

Cue repairs by: Joe Blackburn

Food, drinks, and snacks on sight

Petes Corner Pocket
423-844-0369
1742 Edgemont Ave.
Bristol TN 37620

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nice event! What are they racing to? Starting that late, y'all are going to have a laaaaate night, unless it continues on the next day.

Keep us apprised~

Doc

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona

Saturday Nov. 23, 2013 doors open at 11:00, players meeting and auction starts at 1:00 play starts directly after auction.

$70.00 entry for pre sign up, $75.00 if signing up on the 23rd $250.00 added for 16 players $500.00 added for 32 players.

Cue repairs by: Joe Blackburn

Food, drinks, and snacks on sight

Petes Corner Pocket
423-844-0369
1742 Edgemont Ave.
Bristol TN 37620

Time limit per match?

schitzngigglz

Verified Member
From
Bristol, TN
This is only the second 1p tournament we have had. The last one we had 14 players and didn't have any time issues.

What are the best ways to hurry up matches that are dragging out? All ideas are welcome.

Rick

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is only the second 1p tournament we have had. The last one we had 14 players and didn't have any time issues.

What are the best ways to hurry up matches that are dragging out? All ideas are welcome.

Rick
Race to three might be long if you get a good turnout. Given that your races are planned for three, I would say the first idea for speeding things up would be to simply shorten the races. Go to two and you should still finish in one day. Some One Pocket events have a shorter race in the one-loss side too -- in your case a race to two.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

What are the best ways to hurry up matches that are dragging out? All ideas are welcome. Rick
Starting play at 2:00 or later, I'm surprised you didn't have time problems, even with 14 gunners, at races to 3 both sides. Your players must all be shooters!:D At our first monthly event we started promptly at noon with only 10 players, and it still went past 11 P.M.; and that was just races to 2.

If you have even 16 players, you'll probably be going until the wee hours of Sunday A.M. At the very least, shorten the races to 2 on the loser's side. Nobody is going to bitch about the loser's side.

There are lots of ways to shorten matches, all of which have been discussed and argued here on many threads. If you have a match holding up the rest of the field, have the TD shorten their race to 6 or 5 balls, depending on where they are in their set. Spotting all, or some, of the balls in the kitchen will also speed things up. You could also have the final four come back to finish on Sunday.

Good luck on your events! You'll learn more about what works after you get a few under your belt.

~Doc

8andout

Verified Member
Get started earlier

Get started earlier

I suggest starting the tournament a couple hours earlier. Pool players need to learn to get their as*s out of bed. Us old people are up with the sun and by 2pm we're ready for a nap.:)

schitzngigglz

Verified Member
From
Bristol, TN
Sorry, as I said,I am just the messenger. I haven't been there all week. Feel free to call Pete at the number in the original post.

Where are you coming from?

schitzngigglz

Verified Member
From
Bristol, TN
1st - Mike Stiltner
2nd - Mike Davis
3rd - Keith Jones
4th - Cliff Stout

The next tournament is scheduled for Feb 22.

Hope you can make it.

Rick