From
vero beach fl
i finally got the time to show what happened
sorry for the delay.....:eek:
nevels shot the carom and scratched.....:eek:......:frus
gn2.jpg

onepockethacker

Verified Member
LMFAO Billy's shot just cost him the game :lol:lol:lol You see folks thats why you cant listen to Billy.. He has a bad angle when looking at all of these WWYD's.. I mean really... How can Billy possibly see the correct angle WHEN HE IS LOOKING OUT HIS ASS!!!:sorry:lol Larry please save this one.. on second thought every once in awhile I will bump this thread and show everyone what happens when you shoot Billy's shot. LMFAO:lol:lol:lol
Hey Billy.... SCOREBOARD JACKOFF:lol HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
P.S. it looks like Nevels brain locked up on him for a minute and he tried to carom the ball and then carom bank the 8 ball with the cueball.. WHAT MORON WOULD SUGGEST THAT SHOT?... OH WAIT.... NEVER MIND

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
LMFAO Billy's shot just cost him the game :lol:lol:lol You see folks thats why you cant listen to Billy.. He has a bad angle when looking at all of these WWYD's.. I mean really... How can Billy possibly see the correct angle WHEN HE IS LOOKING OUT HIS ASS!!!:sorry:lol Larry please save this one.. on second thought every once in awhile I will bump this thread and show everyone what happens when you shoot Billy's shot. LMFAO:lol:lol:lol
Hey Billy.... SCOREBOARD JACKOFF HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
P.S. it looks like Nevels brain locked up on him for a minute and he tried to carom the ball and then carom bank the 8 ball with the cueball.. WHAT MORON WOULD SUGGEST THAT SHOT?... OH WAIT.... NEVER MIND
Excuse me, don't bother me now i'm busy $$$$$$$:D:p

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Hey Billy.... SCOREBOARD JACKOFF:lol HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Oh by the way,
Larry shot Tom Wirth's shot genious, however, your perception of things are still intact.:lol
Dr. Billy

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Oh by the way,
Larry shot Tom Wirth's shot genious, however, your perception of things are still intact.:lol
Dr. Billy

Yes Bill, he did shoot the shot I thought of but his perspective of the shot was obviously better than mine. He hit the carom perfectly. The carom was obviously there. How he was not able to see the scratch I don't know. How I was not able to see the scratch can be understood given that we here don't have the luxury of seeing the table from various angles. Had I been at the table maybe I would not have seen the scratch either. I'll never know.

Still, Larry for whatever reason did not like the option of banking at the eight ball or the shot of playing off the ten. There were no options available but those three and Larry choose the option which he felt gave him the best percentage for winning the game.

It is very possible our perception of the eight ball bank also was skewed. Rob, we will never know if your shot would have worked or not. It could have come out just as disastrous.

Tom

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Yes Bill, he did shoot the shot I thought of but his perspective of the shot was obviously better than mine. He hit the carom perfectly. The carom was obviously there. How he was not able to see the scratch I don't know. How I was not able to see the scratch can be understood given that we here don't have the luxury of seeing the table from various angles. Had I been at the table maybe I would not have seen the scratch either. I'll never know.

Still, Larry for whatever reason did not like the option of banking at the eight ball or the shot of playing off the ten. There were no options available but those three and Larry choose the option which he felt gave him the best percentage for winning the game.

It is very possible our perception of the eight ball bank also was skewed. Rob, we will never know if your shot would have worked or not. It could have come out just as disastrous.

Tom

You are absolutely right Tom we will never know how the bank on the 8 ball would have turned out.. BUT... I can guarantee you one thing... it couldn't have been worse than what he did could it?
P.S. that's the beauty of these WWYD's, when 2 guys argue over the shot and the player shot one of those options somebody will be right and somebody will be wrong.:D You know the old saying... WINNERS TELL JOKES AND LOSERS SAY DEAL

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
You are absolutely right Tom we will never know how the bank on the 8 ball would have turned out.. BUT... I can guarantee you one thing... it couldn't have been worse than what he did could it?
P.S. that's the beauty of these WWYD's, when 2 guys argue over the shot and the player shot one of those options somebody will be right and somebody will be wrong.:D You know the old saying... WINNERS TELL JOKES AND LOSERS SAY DEAL

Not quite Rob. Just because one shot doesn't work out doesn't mean the other option would work. You are right in that the eight ball bank could not have come out worse than the known result, but it didn't have to come out better either. So slow down on taking any credit for having made the correct choice of shot. Had Larry shot your shot, screwed it up and sold out you would be saying the same thing I'm saying now. Also, execution plays a part in all these shots. Unlike chess, choosing the right shot is only part of the solution.

Tom

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Not quite Rob. Just because one shot doesn't work out doesn't mean the other option would work. You are right in that the eight ball bank could not have come out worse than the known result, but it didn't have to come out better either. So slow down on taking any credit for having made the correct choice of shot. Had Larry shot your shot, screwed it up and sold out you would be saying the same thing I'm saying now. Also, execution plays a part in all these shots. Unlike chess, choosing the right shot is only part of the solution.

Tom

WHOAAA are you saying you or Billy execute better than Larry?
P.S. Isn't Monday morning quarterbacking great?:D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
No, I'm saying the Monday morning quarterbacking was coming from your statement condemning the carom and touting the eight ball bank as the correct shot.
A fact not in evidence.

Tom

Let me leave you with one of my personal sayings.... As far as me shooting the 8 bank compared to what Larry shot... I DON'T KNOW IF I COULD HAVE BEAT WHAT HE DID BUT I COULD HAVE DEFINITELY AT LEAST TIED IT lol:lol:lol

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Jim, That gap runs straight toward the side pocket and if you try to avoid it the gap gets very small. The risk involved in that shot is far higher than the risk of either the inside English bank on the eight or the carom shot with the five. In addition how do you plan to get the cue ball back to the other side of the table shooting your shot?

Tom

That gap runs to one Diamond below the side pocket. The 8 doesn't go, the object was to reposition the 8 and send the QB four rails. That would leave the 8 close and the spot ball hiding the 8.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Tom, as well as you know billiards you should be able to see the qb going the four rails. Maybe I set it up a little wrong, but try it and let me know what you came up with.

Jim

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Tom, as well as you know billiards you should be able to see the qb going the four rails. Maybe I set it up a little wrong, but try it and let me know what you came up with.

Jim

Absolutely Jim. The cue ball can be played four rails off the eight, which if you catch the first diamond below the side pocket and apply enough speed the angle would bring it back somewhat toward the right side rail and above the side pocket. That is if the shot is hit perfectly.

That is not an easy task considering the accuracy needed on the hit and the distance the cue ball must cover simply to reach the eight ball. To combine that with the speed and the English required to get the four rails needed for your shot I think you are biting off more than you can chew. The window for the cue ball gets smaller when you consider the traffic which must be navigated and the side pocket looming like a spider web. If I was hitting them that well I would be playing the carom shot even knowing what we know now and in spite of the fact that Larry shot it and scratched. I might even play Hacker's shot in spite of Dr. Bill's whispering in my ear his educated assessment of that shot.

The question is: What are you realistically expecting to accomplished with the shot verses the realistic risk involved with any error in execution. And are there other shots with less risk which may not accomplish quite as much but still place your opponent in a defensive position. Understanding when to temper your decisions with caution is as important as knowing when to get aggressive and go for it.

Forgive me for dissecting your shot this way, I just try to look at these situations with a mathematical approach.

Tom

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Absolutely Jim. The cue ball can be played four rails off the eight, which if you catch the first diamond below the side pocket and apply enough speed the angle would bring it back somewhat toward the right side rail and above the side pocket. That is if the shot is hit perfectly.

That is not an easy task considering the accuracy needed on the hit and the distance the cue ball must cover simply to reach the eight ball. To combine that with the speed and the English required to get the four rails needed for your shot I think you are biting off more than you can chew. The window for the cue ball gets smaller when you consider the traffic which must be navigated and the side pocket looming like a spider web. If I was hitting them that well I would be playing the carom shot even knowing what we know now and in spite of the fact that Larry shot it and scratched. I might even play Hacker's shot in spite of Dr. Bill's whispering in my ear his educated assessment of that shot.

The question is: What are you realistically expecting to accomplished with the shot verses the realistic risk involved with any error in execution. And are there other shots with less risk which may not accomplish quite as much but still place your opponent in a defensive position. Understanding when to temper your decisions with caution is as important as knowing when to get aggressive and go for it.

Forgive me for dissecting your shot this way, I just try to look at these situations with a mathematical approach.

Tom

That's why your a top player.

Anyways, that's the first shot that came to me.

The carom looked like a dead scratch, and it was, lots of inside on the 8 ball bank is not very natural and has no chance of hiding the qb. Top right looks like the most natural shot for me. But you know I'm just above hack status and the real players beat me.