Orcollo vs. Chohan Day 1, Bank Review

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I feel like Day 1 was dominated by the bank play!

Just very extremely well executed banks by both players. Day 1 imo, truly exemplifies just how important banks are in One Pocket. Tony more than once pulled off banks when Orcollo had a ball by his hole. And how about that bank on the 6 that doubled kisses into Dennis's hole, spectacular! And the Z bank by Tony, got to love that shot! Tony has great speed on his banks!

Go to Chohan V Orcollo, Oct. 5-8 thread 51 and get the highlights of day 1.
Whitey

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
Tony's double bank floored me

And do had a few sweet kiss banks

That was a great highlight vid

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Orcollo's double bank!

Orcollo's double bank!

Did you guys see Orcollo practicing a double cross corner bank into his corner,during a player break. It was on half table, side pocket to foot rail, Ob on approx. 3rd diamond. He made it look more like a Z bank, for at that speed to make the bank he had to drive the ball on an exceptional wide angle over by opponents pocket and then have the ball severely reverse and straighten out and go into his pocket.

Wow! that is how you make a simple double cross bank on a diamond!

I would feel like I would be at a great disadvantage going to DCC, having no diamond to practice on in my town.

Wow, our game is changing and Diamond is doing it, and I think it is obsolutely brilliant business move. Imo, by producing a product unlike what we are use to, that have rails that react differently, and by becoming a major force in prominent tournaments, they are effectively making their product more attractive to buy for that is what you need to practice on to fully compete in their tournaments.

Another point, I see the ob contacting the pocket way close to the outside point, and man it does not rattle at all, it just gets directed down into the hole. Diamond makes a big point about their pocket cushion angle of being 41 degrees, is this why the ball readily drops? Player friendly for sure! Whitey