Orcollo v. Chohan Day 1 Review

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Day one ends 10-7 Dennis. I picked up the match at 3-3. it seemed that neither player had quite settled in completely, with Tony uncharacteristically missing some long rail banks and Dennis having some trouble with the speed when running balls. Jeremy had commented that it could have been worse for Tony, but for some lucky rolls that hooked Dennis after Tony at apparently sold out. From what I saw, Tony missed a few very easy shots that he did not miss in the first match, shots that cost him several games.

Day 2 promises better play, as each man has now gotten the feel of the table.

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
My stream kept blacking out. Then it came back and they took what seemed to be a long break. It was too much for me, I went to sleep.

From wht=at little I saw, Dennis made some incredible shots from nothing.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
The worst I've ever seen Tony play, and Dennis made several mistakes that were unlike him. I don't expect either of those to continue.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
From what I saw, neither player was playing as well as last time. Tony has not been as aggressive this match as the last one. His shape is a little off and he isnt making shots he normally would pocket.
Dennis plays a more conservative game but the shutdown mode he gets into isnt there, yet. He won some games he should have lost, and lost some games he should have won.;)
A couple of good run outs you would expect from top players but not the play from what most would consider the best players in one pocket at this time. I think a lot has to do with being in a new environment, new table, expectations.:(
The stream: My feed got bad near the end, choppy, black outs, so I didnt see the last 5 or so games. My screen went black and stayed that way and it was late. :frus
I am disappointed to pay and not get a good stream. I think POV had a better stream from California Billiards and more technical information, but you cannot beat JJ as a commentator.:D I think he is the best in the business, sorry Dr Bill.
The problems I am experiencing with the stream is why I dont do the actual hooking up myself any longer unless I can drive to the location. Using local equipment from a room you need a very good feed from the location to get a good stream. If the room, for some reason, has poor equipment or a poor provider, you may need extra equipment and I cannot take all of it on an aero plane.
I hope we see better play tonight. Maybe the hype of the match is too much weight for these guys. These big money matches are not the norm, although they should be. Will I be going to sleep early again?:eek:

El Chapo

Verified Member
It’s interesting to me, how bad players actually do play, even when people think they are playing good!

That last set when tony made that kiss shot to essentially win the match, he then ran like two balls from a total hanger layout. Stuff like this happens all the time, it’s seriously amazing the frequency these guys will get like two. I’m just sort of following up on the comment that they are playing subpar. I think pool is in the basement so much, when there is a post like this, player’s just don’t have the experience and really don’t play all that well in my estimation. Again, I know we did see some pretty amazing shots last time, but I feel like the sheer number of very routine, bad mistakes goes undiscussed for some reason (ie, they honestly play quite poorly I think).

BRLongArm

Verified Member
It’s interesting to me, how bad players actually do play, even when people think they are playing good!

That last set when tony made that kiss shot to essentially win the match, he then ran like two balls from a total hanger layout. Stuff like this happens all the time, it’s seriously amazing the frequency these guys will get like two. I’m just sort of following up on the comment that they are playing subpar. I think pool is in the basement so much, when there is a post like this, player’s just don’t have the experience and really don’t play all that well in my estimation. Again, I know we did see some pretty amazing shots last time, but I feel like the sheer number of very routine, bad mistakes goes undiscussed for some reason (ie, they honestly play quite poorly I think).

The pressure is high because they don't get this kind of chance to make real money very often. Dennis is feeding his extended family with his pool winnings. Tony's wife expects the money to get back home every week. They have a lot of pressure on them. I have seen both play at such a frightening level that the play would back off any other player on earth. It's a race to 40 and I can only hope that you get to see their top speed for a few hours. It'll make you burn your pool cue.