Orcollo/chohan odds

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
You have action Chohan wins at least 37 games your 110 points to my 100 points.
OOPS SORRY BILL DIDNT KNOW MATCH STARTED NO ACTION.

Dr. Bill

Thanks for saving me points. If I go to Houston, I promise a hardly handshake and a drink of your choice. I tried to call you to get down.:cool::D

baby huey

Verified Member
I really wanted to bet tony in this match with Dennis. I just couldn't bring myself to do so. Dr. Bill made an enticing line (good job Bill) as he predicted via his line that he wouldn't get too much Dennis action. He sized up the match better than most of us. He measured and measures skill levels as good as anyone I've ever seen. I think this matchup won't happen again for awhile and I am not so sure that Alex and Dennis would ever play for this kind of bet. Maybe but Alex doesn't have to like it either. I am changing my position about good defense beating good offense. These great ball strikers all possess great pool intellect and figure games out that are foreign to them. Lastly, Tony couldn't handle Dennis's offense but he also couldn't handle the pace of Dennis's play. Anyone playing Dennis in the future might have to factor pace into a prospective match.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I really wanted to bet tony in this match with Dennis. I just couldn't bring myself to do so. Dr. Bill made an enticing line (good job Bill) as he predicted via his line that he wouldn't get too much Dennis action. He sized up the match better than most of us. He measured and measures skill levels as good as anyone I've ever seen. I think this matchup won't happen again for awhile and I am not so sure that Alex and Dennis would ever play for this kind of bet. Maybe but Alex doesn't have to like it either. I am changing my position about good defense beating good offense. These great ball strikers all possess great pool intellect and figure games out that are foreign to them. Lastly, Tony couldn't handle Dennis's offense but he also couldn't handle the pace of Dennis's play. Anyone playing Dennis in the future might have to factor pace into a prospective match.

I think Dennis knows the game much better than he is given credit for. He won the US Open One Pocket title several years ago in Las Vegas over Corey Deuel. He just is more effective with the style he has to use to win. I do not think anyone who relies on too much defense can fade his current game, and that might include Alex.

That matchup would be great for us dedicated one pocket fans, but might be boring for people looking for a faster pace like T-Rex has. Dennis and Alex like to look em over.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
You Win !

You Win !

Billy, Squared up with you. Hope to see you in Houston.

I need to hit some balls. Practiced maybe 20 minutes in last 3 months.

Too much insurance paperwork this time of year.:(

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Dennis Orcollo is one of if not the best pool player in the world today, he has proven that for over 10 years. His one pocket knowledge is top shelf and he has adapted well with the style he is comfortable playing with. He strikes balls as good as any player that I have ever watched play.

Todays one pocket is totally different than it was in the 70's, 80's and even the 90's, the better ball strikers are the ones that are winning because the understanding of the game is no longer a secret and because of that the best pool players are dominating.

I think Alex and Dennis would be a great match and to pick a favorite would be very hard to do. If they played I would put it up 6/5 pick it. That line would encourage people to bet with one another because it's a flip of a coin.

However, there are a lot of very good players that are under Alex and Dennis and they are tightly grouped which would be exciting to watch. Chip Compton obviously has risen his game to compete with players like Chohan, Bustamante, Frost, Lunda, Deuel, Daulton, and VanBoening. So you can see how closely grouped these guys are and if Ray Hansen can promote wisely there will be a lot of great matches in store for the future.

On a side note.....Orcollo gave Lunda 9/7 and won, that gives us a better understanding on how much of a difference there is when we grade players against Alex and Dennis. With either Dennis or Alex playing any one in a race to 40 IMO the price for any one beating either one of these two would have to be extremely high. The player that I think that would have the best chance of winning a race to 40 would be VanBoening because of his ball striking ability, plus he also carries a more intimidating presence on his opponent regardless of whom it may be.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Jerry, Both Orcollo and Pagulayan are the two best defensive players in the world by far playing one pocket. They are extremely intelligent with choosing their shot and adapt very quickly to the type of strategy that's needed to play their opponent regardless of whom it may be. They both give up weight better than all the other players and they have proven me wrong on many occasions when I favor their opponent in a match game. Plus their unrelenting quest to win has been evidenced too often in big money matches. I have seen Orcoolo come from behind in situations where any other player would have given up but not him, you can never count him out and IMO that is the true test of a real champion. Pagulayan also has the heart to do the same but Orcollo has been the player that has impressed me over anyone including Pagulayan.

Defense is still and always will be the key to play winning one pocket especially when we're talking about evenly matched players and also top players.

Dr. Bill