opponent 1 vs. opponent 2 wwyd

Mkbtank

Verified Member

Mitch, you are double smart and triple good

Just pulling your chain buddy, but you do have 3 to 1 action on the prop bet:D

Ok. Next time you're in Philly. Not on those crazy fast diamonds at the derby lol. (Not one diamond in this whole state is always tough for me there)

Btw- your shot could also clip the 10 and sell out 😜.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
I usually don't like to knock a ball away from my pocket, but in this case if I leave it there he can cross bank the 1 to his hole if I try to carom off the 4 to hide him on the 14 and leave him too far near the bottom rail. So in this case I would shoot the 1 out of there and leave him on the bottom rail.---Smitty

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I can't tell if the shooter can hit enough of the foot rail to kick two rails, using low left, hitting the back of the 14, and having the CB drift up table, so as to not leave a bank on the 1. Even if nothing contacts a rail after, it's still a pretty good shot.

If that's not available I'd probably shoot Frank's shot off the 4 ball.

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member

If that's not available I'd probably shoot Frank's shot off the 4 ball.

~Doc
Easier to execute than Mitch's, but harder than darmoose/Keith's. If mine didn't look right at the table, Frank's is what I'd try (but I'd want to play the CB a little short of dead-center on the 14 so the 1 stays hidden behind the 9.)

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Hardmix, I think you have the right idea here. It may be a little difficult to thin the eleven and keep the cue ball far enough to the left to keep from giving up the shot on the fourteen though. You may have greater success by playing off the twelve, banking it one rail back to your side and leaving the cue ball doubled up. This also may result in getting the twelve blocking a good view of the balls down near your corner, or you may just use the twelve to triple him up.

Tom
It's either this shot, or I'm coming off the bottom of the 4-ball into the top of the 14 and knocking it away and trying not to leave sight on the 1-ball. All of the shots are touchy in this position so focus is key here. Regardless however, it's a tough spot and it could all go wrong easily.

darmoose

Verified Member
Not saying that my shot it easy. But it's the right shot for me.

Just pointing out that your shot has risk as well. Not as much with leave but execution. If you clip the 9 or the 14 with the 1 then you potentially have big trouble.
Jim,

This is classic YOUTHFUL REBELLION...:eek:

Even tho he is my HERO...:rolleyes:

....there comes a point

when one must let him go

....and just take his dough....:p:p:lol:lol

Mkbtank

Verified Member

Jim,

This is classic YOUTHFUL REBELLION...:eek:

Even tho he is my HERO...:rolleyes:

....there comes a point

when one must let him go

....and just take his dough....:p:p:lol:lol

Yep. There you go. I'm a cupcake. A through ticket. That's why I always get games.

androd

Verified Member
Smack'em with left spin, try to leave him doubled up or straight in on the 2ball? if the 14ball moves.

Attachments

baby huey

Verified Member
Bank the one ball forward between the nine and fourteen and let the cue ball go forward two rails behind the fourteen.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I can't tell if the shooter can hit enough of the foot rail to kick two rails, using low left, hitting the back of the 14, and having the CB drift up table, so as to not leave a bank on the 1. Even if nothing contacts a rail after, it's still a pretty good shot.

~Doc
^ :rolleyes: Ahem...if that shot was available here....

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Hardmix, I think you have the right idea here. It may be a little difficult to thin the eleven and keep the cue ball far enough to the left to keep from giving up the shot on the fourteen though. You may have greater success by playing off the twelve, banking it one rail back to your side and leaving the cue ball doubled up. This also may result in getting the twelve blocking a good view of the balls down near your corner, or you may just use the twelve to triple him up.

Tom
Well, in this touchy spot, the angles to do something successful with the 1ball and/or get behind the 14, were too low%, so "opponent 1" aka the incognito Ghost :eek: :heh :D chose the shot that Tom also recommended here..."opponent 2" was Clyde...I shot it a little harder than I wanted to = not leaving whitey on the head rail, but I doubled Clyde up, and left him having to figure out what to do next...here's how it came out ----->

Attachments

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
Well, in this touchy spot, "opponent 1" aka the incognito Ghost :eek: :heh :D chose the shot that Tom also recommended here..."opponent 2" was Clyde...I shot it a little harder than I wanted to = not leaving whitey on the head rail, but I doubled Clyde up, and left him having to figure out what to do next...here's how it came out ----->
Um, cut the 5 into the 13 leave you in the same spot you were in:p

jtompilot

Verified Member
Nah, that's not it...trying to leave me in that same exact spot from 8' away, you might easily leave me a cross-corner bank on the 13 or the 14...:heh
That's possible but the 5 is a big target with a big landing area. I'd be removing a ball and adding congestion. I'll take that chance

wincardona

Verified Member
Smack'em with left spin, try to leave him doubled up or straight in on the 2ball? if the 14ball moves.

I'm so on board with this shot that I would like to stake you in the next Super Seniors event in Houston. Of all the shots that have been discussed this is the shot that I wouldn't want my opponent to shoot if I were playing him.

Moving balls to your hole and tripling your opponent up not allowing him to go offensive, can anything be better? I don't think so.:)

Dr. Bill

Tom Wirth

Verified Member

This was the first shot I considered but I chose to pass, at least from the view of photographs, because it looks like there is a high likelihood of clipping the fourteen or nine ball with the combo. That could turn out to be a real problem. If I could be certain that the combo will not hit either the fourteen or nine, than Rod's shot would definitely be the right shot. Of course, if my opponent is adept at rail first cut shots like what would be available on the fourteen, than neither of these shot have to work.

I took the sure way out by coming off the twelve which will force my opponent to come back down table attempting to remove balls from my pocket area. This gives him an opportunity to make a critical error.

Tom