opponent 1 vs. opponent 2 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Opponent 1's shot ---opponent 1's pocket is at the top right, where the cueball is --- both players going to 8 --- wwyd ----->

Attachments

Mkbtank

Verified Member

I would come off the 13 and hide whitey behind the 14. Touchy shot but looks like a pretty big landing area actually. Love these shots.

darmoose

Verified Member
I'm shooting the one to the bottom rail and out, hitting it slightly on the left of center. The CB is traveling to the first diamond of the bottom rail on his side and up behind the fourteen. Your shot.:)

Hardmix

Verified Member
I would roll off the 11 up to head rail doubling him up on the 15/4.

Hardmix

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I would come off the 13 and hide whitey behind the 14. Touchy shot but looks like a pretty big landing area actually. Love these shots.
Mitch...with the 14 another inch or two out from the rail, that would usually be the automatic shot here..but in this case the space between the rail and the 14 is a bit tight, and the angle of the cueball to the bottom of the 13 is flatter than ideal, necessitating a razor-thin cut..so then, doable, but very touchy/exacting - and the penalty for failure will be serious injury - or death :eek: :heh :)

Last edited:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
This might work. If I hit it a little bad and let him see the one ball the 14 ball could be a blocker on the bank.
kick at the14 ball.jpg

LSJohn

Verified Member
Mitch...with the 14 another inch or two out from the rail, that would usually be the automatic shot here..but in this case the space between the rail and the 14 is a bit tight, and the angle of the cueball to the bottom of the 13 is flatter than ideal, necessitating a razor-thin cut..so then, doable, but very touchy/exacting - and the penalty for failure will be serious injury - or death :eek: :heh :)
That's what I thought it looked like... so, I'm banking the 1 off the bottom rail and out a little, CB off 13 to the bottom rail.

Mkbtank

Verified Member

I agree ghost, but this is my shot. I like these shots. Touchy. All I need is a hair behind the 14 and its huge.

darmoose

Verified Member
I agree ghost, but this is my shot. I like these shots. Touchy. All I need is a hair behind the 14 and its huge.
Mitch

Ghost is correct here, and is just trying to help you.:D The risk/reward differential between your shot and mine is what is HUGE here. If you miss by the length of a piss ants pecker, you could lose several balls. If I miss by as much as a diamond and stay on the bottom rail, I leave no shot.

Even if you do get behind the fourteen by a hair, as you say, your opponent can likely play off the bottom of the fourteen, or bank to get up by the eleven and you are in trouble again.:sorry

Mkbtank

Verified Member

Mitch

Ghost is correct here, and is just trying to help you.:D The risk/reward differential between your shot and mine is what is HUGE here. If you miss by the length of a piss ants pecker, you could lose several balls. If I miss by as much as a diamond and stay on the bottom rail, I leave no shot.

Even if you do get behind the fourteen by a hair, as you say, your opponent can likely play off the bottom of the fourteen, or bank to get up by the eleven and you are in trouble again.:sorry

Moose... You are perfectly entitled to your wrong opinion. 😊. Sorry. 😁.

jtompilot

Verified Member
That 1 has danger written all over it. To get behind the 14 is really tough.

I like hitting the 1 almost full sending it two rails to the middle of the table. Then the QB goes one or two rails under the 14.

darmoose

Verified Member

I like hitting the 1 almost full sending it two rails to the middle of the table. Then the QB goes one or two rails under the 14.
Yes, thank you, Jim for recognizing the proper shot. Now, if we could just convince you know who:eek::rolleyes:;)

"wrong opinion" how dare he?:lol:lol:lol

sappo

Verified Member
I'm shooting the one to the bottom rail and out, hitting it slightly on the left of center. The CB is traveling to the first diamond of the bottom rail on his side and up behind the fourteen. Your shot.:)
i like this shot my biggest concern is making sure my opponent can't see the 11 ball.

Mkbtank

Verified Member

Yes, thank you, Jim for recognizing the proper shot. Now, if we could just convince you know who:eek::rolleyes:;). Even though I he is my hero.

"wrong opinion" how dare he?:lol:lol:lol

Not saying that my shot it easy. But it's the right shot for me.

Just pointing out that your shot has risk as well. Not as much with leave but execution. If you clip the 9 or the 14 with the 1 then you potentially have big trouble.

jtompilot

Verified Member
Mitch, you ain't that smart or good:sorry

Just pulling your chain buddy, but you do have 3 to 1 action on the prop bet:D

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
I would roll off the 11 up to head rail doubling him up on the 15/4.

Hardmix
Hardmix, I think you have the right idea here. It may be a little difficult to thin the eleven and keep the cue ball far enough to the left to keep from giving up the shot on the fourteen though. You may have greater success by playing off the twelve, banking it one rail back to your side and leaving the cue ball doubled up. This also may result in getting the twelve blocking a good view of the balls down near your corner, or you may just use the twelve to triple him up.

Tom

J SCHWARZ

Verified Member
With the quarter there are we all ready on one foul? If not i'd probably take a foul rolling into the right side of the seven. The 13 just might block the six enough to make it hard for him to put me behind the one. If I get put behind the one I might be able to bank it and if it leaks out past the one he leaves a bank on the 14. If not and the bet is cheap I might just have to spray and pray.:frus