From
Bristol, TN
Pete's Corner Pocket
Open 1 Pocket Tournament
September 28th & 29th
Address: 1742 Edgemont Ave, Bristol, TN 37620
Phone: (423) 844-0369

Tournament Played on 9' tables
Race to 3, double elimination, rack your own, alternate break, 3 foul rule in effect. 200.00 added for 16 players 400.00 added for 32. Field will be limited to 32 players, early sign up is requested but not required entry fee is 70.00 for early sign up and 75.00 if u sign up on the day of the tournament.
Pool room opens at 10:00 on Tourn. Day, players meeting / players auction starts 11:30 tournament starts shortly after auction.

Cue repairs by: Joe Blackburn

Food, drinks & snacks available for purchase.

schitzngigglz

Verified Member
From
Bristol, TN
Results...

Results...

We had a pretty good turnout and had some great players!

Results:
Joe Blackburn 1st
Mike Stiltner 2nd
Brian White 3rd

Pete is going to try to make this a bi-monthly tournament so the next tournament is scheduled for November 23. :cool:

8andout

Verified Member
i wanted to go to this so bad, but couldn't find any chatter about people going so i didn't make the 300 mile trip. i do hope they will have some more tournaments.

schitzngigglz

Verified Member
From
Bristol, TN
8andout, we had 15 players this time with a few of the players saying that they would bring friends next time. Hopefully we can get this thing rolling as a bi-monthly tournament. Try your best to make it on November 23.

Joe Blackburn is the house cue man at Pete's Corner Pocket in Bristol. He and Steve Lomax usually set up a cue repair booth at most of the major tournaments. He is well known as one of the best cue repairmen on the planet. I guess he plays a pretty good game of one pocket too.

Rick

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Interesting point. There are a number of good players, either from the past or present, who have gotten into cue repair or cue sales. Tracy Joe Salazar comes to mind-- who was a top player in his prime. There was a guy named Guido _____ whose family name escapes me, who always set up at the Reno Open and other big events in Calif. and Nevada. The guy could play. I tangled with him 20 years ago when I played good 9-ball, thinking I'd have the edge. But he out-distanced me pretty quick.

It's natural that guys whose game has slacked, or they've realized that they can't make a living as a player, manage to eek out a living through the technical/mechanical part of the game. ~Doc

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
You mean Guido Orlandi? Been a long long while since I saw him.

Interesting point. There are a number of good players, either from the past or present, who have gotten into cue repair or cue sales. Tracy Joe Salazar comes to mind-- who was a top player in his prime. There was a guy named Guido _____ whose family name escapes me, who always set up at the Reno Open and other big events in Calif. and Nevada. The guy could play. I tangled with him 20 years ago when I played good 9-ball, thinking I'd have the edge. But he out-distanced me pretty quick.

It's natural that guys whose game has slacked, or they've realized that they can't make a living as a player, manage to eek out a living through the technical/mechanical part of the game. ~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
ORLANDI, that's it. I hope he's still alive and kickin'. Excellent cue repair man, and good player.:) I'm sure Hendy and Frank know him.

Doc

Last time I saw Guido was in Las Vegas. He hasn't been around CA for a while that I know of.

He used to set up shop at the larger tournaments at Hard Times in Sacramento a few years back.