onepockethacker challenges Lou

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
If John would have been friends with Jeffrey Dahmer, John would have been telling everyone Jeff was a good guy with an eating disorder.

LMMFAO!

Poor Jeffrey. The whole world was against him. :D

BTW, Lou and I barely know each other. I often operate on the theory that the majority will be wrong more often than right on anything more complicated than bacon, and go from there, looking for the loopholes.

Off the point -- though not completely -- and since you spend so much time trying to educate us, I'll help you out with Occam's Razor, which doesn't quite mean what most people think it means. The simplest way to explain what it's trying to convey is to look first at the simplest explanation, and if it doesn't fit all the available facts you are only then justified to go looking for something more complex.

In the present case, Lou has some credible-sounding rebuttals and some evidence from Fatboy and jtom to suggest that the simplest explanation may be inadequate. In the case of the WWYDs, he has a contrary opinion that people are taking IMO too personally. You are convinced -- but you're only guessing -- that he was never going to play 11-7. I've seen him play but haven't seen you. It's my best guess that he would like the game if he liked the price and terms. He's said he was looking for $10 and $20 action, so a $5000 set may not be his cup of tea. :)

Bill was absolutely correct about his little deception being entirely harmless, but we shouldn't blame Lou for pointing it out when he was taking fire from all directions and already skeptical.

I intend for this to be my last $.02, but it's hard to leave a good fight, so no promises. :D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Well, if anyone would know about mirrors not lying it would be me, I am fat ugly little thing ;-)

Lou Figueroa
/pQUOTE]

Really Lou you shouldn't beat yourself up with nasty comments like this about yourself or anyone else.😇

Hey, just because we let Ghost get away with it.... :eek:

He's about 647 WWYDs ahead of you... catch up and we'll give you quote-editing privileges. :D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
LMMFAO!

Poor Jeffrey. The whole world was against him. :D

BTW, Lou and I barely know each other. I often operate on the theory that the majority will be wrong more often than right on anything more complicated than bacon, and go from there, looking for the loopholes.

Off the point -- though not completely -- and since you spend so much time trying to educate us, I'll help you out with Occam's Razor, which doesn't quite mean what most people think it means. The simplest way to explain what it's trying to convey is to look first at the simplest explanation, and if it doesn't fit all the available facts you are only then justified to go looking for something more complex.

In the present case, Lou has some credible-sounding rebuttals and some evidence from Fatboy and jtom to suggest that the simplest explanation may be inadequate. In the case of the WWYDs, he has a contrary opinion that people are taking IMO too personally. You are convinced -- but you're only guessing -- that he was never going to play 11-7. I've seen him play but haven't seen you. It's my best guess that he would like the game if he liked the price and terms. He's said he was looking for $10 and $20 action, so a $5000 set may not be his cup of tea. :)

Bill was absolutely correct about his little deception being entirely harmless, but we shouldn't blame Lou for pointing it out when he was taking fire from all directions and already skeptical.

I intend for this to be my last $.02, but it's hard to leave a good fight, so no promises. :D

You are drunk on the koolaid..:sorry First off the only people that thought Lou's rebuttals were credible were YOU and another 1 or 2 minions.. Do you think I would give 11 to 7 for $ 10 or $ 20 a game? LOL Do you think Im going to let a one pocket dunce learn from me for that amount LOL Heres a hint ..if Lou is saying the reason he didn't want to play me is because of what I said to him in this thread then Lou has never been in a poolroom in his life looking for action... Lou and I could have even played mum pool( meaning you talk you lose the game) Then Lou makes a mountain out of a mole hill with the Billy thing just so he had another excuse of why he won't play.. Lou knows he wouldn't like the game and that is the only thing he has been right about in all his years on the internet.. I initially gave you credit for having common sense but if you can't see through all of Lou's B.S. I feel sorry for you..
For years Lou has picked his spots of where he can bluff and guys that can't play he knew would back down... unfortunately for Lou I had pocket aces and if he would have gotten in the box I would have rammed them right up his ass:lol:lol

P.S. I have seen Lou play and I must admit to get ready for a match of someone his caliber I might actually have to up my practice routine to 10 minutes every 2 weeks to get ready for him

have a nice day:)

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
You are drunk on the koolaid..:sorry First off the only people that thought Lou's rebuttals were credible were YOU and another 1 or 2 minions..

Do you think Fatboy and jtom are credible? They back him up on "people told me" or "I heard." He produced evidence after others claimed it was bullshit. Besides, I didn't say all his rebuttals were credible (most of them were impossible to know) I said some were credible-sounding. IOW, I could see how they could make sense. People who continually call him a liar aren't going to admit to believing him on anything, even if they do.

Do you think I would give 11 to 7 for $ 10 or $ 20 a game?

No, no, that wasn't my point. I didn't think he was trying to play you that cheap, I just mentioned that he said when he was at SM he was looking for a $10 or $20 game. I just meant that anyone who ever looks for a $10 or $20 game probably isn't going to be interested in $5000.

Then Lou makes a mountain out of a mole hill with the Billy thing just so he had another excuse of why he won't play
You think it was another excuse not to play... I think he was glad to have an opportunity to fire back at someone who he felt was jacking with him, ulterior motives involved. (I don't think Bill meant anything wrong by it, but it happened.)
Lou knows he wouldn't like the game

Maybe.

A lot of you guys have history with one another that I don't know anything about. One of my hardcore principles is to avoid jumping to conclusions about anything important. Most people on the Earth believe a lot of shit that isn't true. I try really hard to avoid that, and I have definitely seen some of what I thought or knew was people going overboard with their claims and accusations.

Lou has been a perfect gentleman with me. I'd be a real jerk-off if I didn't let that make me extra cautious about buying what his critics are saying.

Willy Occam says: Have a nice day. :D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
You have not liked what I have said or you have not agreed with what I have said. But my facts have been good and my opinion valid.

Lou Figueroa

Well you know what they say about opinions, so I am not going to counter that, lol. But your facts definitely do not always appear to be that solid -- maybe a kernel of truth but the way you state them, not so good. Yet you insist never in the wrong in the slightest.

The worst thing is that often, your implausible "facts" end up slighting or hurting people. Obviously Wayne and others took offense to your sweeping statement of no action at Santa Monica for example, which by most accounts was greatly exaggerated. Likewise, I really did not like your belittling comments about players from the JC era and how most (except a handful of legends) could not break 50 in straight pool on today's equipment. That was a ridiculous statement, and you posted it in a thread started by a significant player from that era. BTW, I countered with real "facts" -- a player list of over a hundred players from JC alone. There were a lot of good players on that list, which definitely did not support your flip comment belittling the players of that era.

Just the other day you threw out another deprecating comment about "others" here on OnePocket.org that won't bet $10 as if it was some kind of undercurrent that defined this website. If those others exist, I have no idea who they are because even the players that I know that NEVER gamble, have been willing to play for $10 or more when we get together at DCC. I asked you who the "others" were and got crickets. If you don't readily know who the "others" are, why would you even make a comment like that?? Ah, to make a point...

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Well you know what they say about opinions, so I am not going to counter that, lol. But your facts definitely do not always appear to be that solid -- maybe a kernel of truth but the way you state them, not so good. Yet you insist never in the wrong in the slightest.

The worst thing is that often, your implausible "facts" end up slighting or hurting people. Obviously Wayne and others took offense to your sweeping statement of no action at Santa Monica for example, which by most accounts was greatly exaggerated. Likewise, I really did not like your belittling comments about players from the JC era and how most (except a handful of legends) could not break 50 in straight pool on today's equipment. That was a ridiculous statement, and you posted it in a thread started by a significant player from that era. BTW, I countered with real "facts" -- a player list of over a hundred players from JC alone. There were a lot of good players on that list, which definitely did not support your flip comment belittling the players of that era.

Just the other day you threw out another deprecating comment about "others" here on OnePocket.org that won't bet $10 as if it was some kind of undercurrent that defined this website. If those others exist, I have no idea who they are because even the players that I know that NEVER gamble, have been willing to play for $10 or more when we get together at DCC. I asked you who the "others" were and got crickets. If you don't readily know who the "others" are, why would you even make a comment like that?? Ah, to make a point...

Why does Lou even come on the site?

Wayne

Verified Member
Do you think Fatboy and jtom are credible? They back him up on "people told me" or "I heard." He produced evidence:D

Fatboy definitely No. He Pm'd Lou that I would not give a fair game and it was not true. The only game I ever offered Fatboy was 12-4 and the breaks for $300 a game which would have been a tough game for me. He said he would only play me cheap $20 a game because I was a friend. Then he back stabbed me in his comment to Lou. He apologized both to me and publicly for saying something to Lou that wasn't true. He said he was on heavy medication when he wrote the Pm and he didn't remember what he said.

JTom is credible but I believe he was pissed off when he wrote what Lou continually quotes. He played Danny Shades a few times and then Danny realized Jtom was better than him and he probably overrated Jtom's game because Jtom's probably only a ball or 2 better, this apparently resulted in Jtom only getting 9-7 or 10-7 from Rich who drilled him (I think 12-7 or 10-6 would have been the fair game.

What Lou leaves out is all the nice things Jtom said later. I know if I am in the room when Jtom is there I would be able to help him line up all the games he wants for cheap with guys of similar caliber if he doesn't want to play the top players with a spot.

Lou has read all of the things Fatboy and Jtom have written but only quotes what he thinks will deceive people into believing that it really tough to get a game in Santa Monica and that maybe someone who is really gullible will believe he actually went there 20 times and never got a game.

Lou is definitely not credible.
Wayne

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Fatboy definitely No. He Pm'd Lou that I would not give a fair game and it was not true. The only game I ever offered Fatboy was 12-4 and the breaks for $300 a game which would have been a tough game for me. He said he would only play me cheap $20 a game because I was a friend. Then he back stabbed me in his comment to Lou. He apologized both to me and publicly for saying something to Lou that wasn't true. He said he was on heavy medication when he wrote the Pm and he didn't remember what he said.

JTom is credible but I believe he was pissed off when he wrote what Lou continually quotes. He played Danny Shades a few times and then Danny realized Jtom was better than him and he probably overrated Jtom's game because Jtom's probably only a ball or 2 better, this apparently resulted in Jtom only getting 9-7 or 10-7 from Rich who drilled him (I think 12-7 or 10-6 would have been the fair game.

What Lou leaves out is all the nice things Jtom said later. I know if I am in the room when Jtom is there I would be able to help him line up all the games he wants for cheap with guys of similar caliber if he doesn't want to play the top players with a spot.

Lou has read all of the things Fatboy and Jtom have written but only quotes what he thinks will deceive people into believing that it really tough to get a game in Santa Monica and that maybe someone who is really gullible will believe he actually went there 20 times and never got a game.

Wayne

Re Fatboy, I didn't mean that he's credible (I have no idea) but that he did say what Lou claimed he did. That he later apologized doesn't change the validity of what Lou said he said.

Re jtom, I understand what you say, and jtom is a good guy, but fact is Lou was telling the truth about what he said.

I mentioned those two things here only to point out to Hacker what I meant by my earlier statement, not to say they changed the whole balance, whatever it is.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Look if you guys really are friends to Lou. If you care about him as a person. Talk to him. Its obvious he is on the bad side of some very good people. NH Steve is one of the most decent human beings. Sacrifices a lot to keep this site working.

And if you know Wayne, and I do, you will find he is the fairest most worthy competitor in the game. This is why I defend him so. He is a good man and a good friend. A role model.

Its not that someone misguided Lou. Lou continues to assassinate his character no matter what. This is a flaw. A flaw that you are overlooking.

Billy has been one of our most productive members and a leader. You know a while ago he even generously invited Lou to do some commentary with him. Lou has now blown that. Billy is a gentleman and a pro. He has seen the worse hucksters, con men, and tricksters. But is so offended by a Lou. Why?

You can construct any scenario you like to justify things for him but the fact is, it is he that is becoming isolated from the rest of the quality people. Not on just this site but all over the pool world. If you really value his friendship then ask him. Is this the way he wants to go out?

Every one has fears. Every one has something to protect. Everyone has a dream and fears he cant fulfill it. But becoming an adult means one finds solutions to this dilemma. He doesnt resort to destructive behavior. And thats what Lou is essentially doing. A self destructive behavior.

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
OK, here is a peace offering. Lou, if you just admit you lied, we'll all just let this ridiculous thread drop. The good thing is, even if you admit you lied, no one will believe you. :lol

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Look if you guys really are friends to Lou. If you care about him as a person. Talk to him. Its obvious he is on the bad side of some very good people. NH Steve is one of the most decent human beings. Sacrifices a lot to keep this site working.

And if you know Wayne, and I do, you will find he is the fairest most worthy competitor in the game. This is why I defend him so. He is a good man and a good friend. A role model.

Its not that someone misguided Lou. Lou continues to assassinate his character no matter what. This is a flaw. A flaw that you are overlooking.

Billy has been one of our most productive members and a leader. You know a while ago he even generously invited Lou to do some commentary with him. Lou has now blown that. Billy is a gentleman and a pro. He has seen the worse hucksters, con men, and tricksters. But is so offended by a Lou. Why?

You can construct any scenario you like to justify things for him but the fact is, it is he that is becoming isolated from the rest of the quality people. Not on just this site but all over the pool world. If you really value his friendship then ask him. Is this the way he wants to go out?

Every one has fears. Every one has something to protect. Everyone has a dream and fears he cant fulfill it. But becoming an adult means one finds solutions to this dilemma. He doesnt resort to destructive behavior. And thats what Lou is essentially doing. A self destructive behavior.

Good post Keoneyo and everything you and others have said about Wayne is true. I've played him numerous times and have nothing but the highest respect for him. There is nothing in his character that would suggest that he is nothing but a perfect gentleman and a fair competitor.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL

Wayne

If a guy has trouble getting a game, it doesn't necessarily mean that he plays well. It could mean that everybody wants to avoid him because he is a jerk or worse. No one has to play anyone else. It is strictly voluntary. When it is not fun, there is very little interest in playing. Over the years, I have known many players that almost everybody could beat but almost nobody would play. Don't take the inability to get a game as a sign of respect. It could be just the opposite.

Wayne

Verified Member
If a guy has trouble getting a game, it doesn't necessarily mean that he plays well. It could mean that everybody wants to avoid him because he is a jerk or worse. No one has to play anyone else. It is strictly voluntary. When it is not fun, there is very little interest in playing. Over the years, I have known many players that almost everybody could beat but almost nobody would play. Don't take the inability to get a game as a sign of respect. It could be just the opposite.

Very true. There is one guy in the poolhall I go to who believes his shit doesn't smell. He used to play everyone but one by one he got into conflicts with almost everyone (never believing he ever did anything wrong). Now he spends most of the time watching or practicing by himself.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Very true. There is one guy in the poolhall I go to who believes his shit doesn't smell. He used to play everyone but one by one he got into conflicts with almost everyone (never believing he ever did anything wrong). Now he spends most of the time watching or practicing by himself.

Yeah but just think. Now he never loses.

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
Good post Keoneyo and everything you and others have said about Wayne is true. I've played him numerous times and have nothing but the highest respect for him. There is nothing in his character that would suggest that he is nothing but a perfect gentleman and a fair competitor.

This said from one of the wisest men in the game. Good luck in Houston sir. Ill be rooting for all the Cali boys including the ex one.

lfigueroa

Verified Member

My facts are solid, you may not like my opinions, and when I have been wrong I have apologized.

My “sweeping statements” about SM were true, period. They are considered exaggerated by three SM players who cannot accept that someone could be in their cherished poolroom and not get a game, and apparently yourself, though I doubt you’ve ever been there.

No one would play. I did not get a game. demonrho drones on but he didn't get up and offer to play either when I was there.

Here’s a bit more that Fatboy had to say, “LA is the worst pool action for a city its size in the world. cant get shit bet here, they have ZERO gamble. Rooms are nice, guys on the rail are cool but just no action, its pathetic they have $$$, LA aint cheap to living, but they dont bet. the card rooms get action is all i can figure, i used to get good action here years ago, not sure what happened. I cant get more than $300/rack bet in SM and nobody on the rail will side bet. Its a miracle i even got that game, and when i beat it-the spot HAS TO CHANGE or there is no more action, they wont flip a coin for $20 here, F'em all i got better things to do.”

In another post he wrote, “HOB (SM) is tough action for anyone who aint used to the equipment in there, its about a 2 maybe a 3 ball advantage for guys that are used to it. I am now, it took a long time for me to get used to it. And I still have to be playing there regularly to play well. The humidity changes in there more than any room I ever played in, even in florida I never seen anything like that room. Its a trap. I was in action there last week a few days then the game dried up.”

BTW, his comments about the gaffed up tables were echoed to me by a well-known ex-road player who says he hates that room because of the goofy way the tables play. My personal opinion is that the way the tables are set up in that room is just completely brutal for an out-of-towner. I'm sure pro-speed players have the talent and can adjust, but for the average guy it is a huge disadvantage. I said as much about champions being able to adjust and Fatboy commented, “i seen them all get beat by that equipment there."

Lastly, I thought Fatboy summed it up nicely in a couple of other posts about SM, “its hard to get a game in there.” and “…HOB (SM) all talk no action-for the most part.”

Now, about the JC era players. My *opinion* was/is that if you could have dropped a 9' Pro-cut Diamond table into the pit of the Jansco’s Cue Club Billiard Academy, few of the champions of that era could have run 50. That opinion is based upon: having played 14.1 my whole pool playing life: growing up playing at the Palace and Cochran’s on vintage Brunswick equipment with Hoover pockets and shallow shelfs; having seen most of the champions of today and many of yesteryear play: traveling to NYC to watch the 14.1 US Open at the Roseland Ballroom; (having won a qualifier for the Open myself :); and having kept score and watched the 14.1 Challenge at the DCC for many years.

So while you may find my opinion ridiculous, it is perfectly valid.

Lastly, about my comment about some guys here not wanting to play for $10/$20 is based upon my personal experience over many years and meeting players from the group at their homerooms, at tournaments up North and down South, Florida, the Northeast, out on the West Coast, Vegas, the Southwest, at Tunica, and the DCC. There are guys who, when I’ve met up with them and asked what they want to do will respond that they just want to "knock them around." I readily know who they are but naming them would serve no purpose. Maybe they were out of stroke, their money was short, or something else. It’s still been a lot fun to meet so many people and, other than three malcontents from LA, we've all parted as friends.

A few, like Fast Lenny, have played some for $10 or $20 (I can’t recall what Lenny and I did); or Pilot Jim (I think we play for $20 whenever we run into each other); Casey in NOLA (I think we played for $20); or John up at Red Shoes, races to three for $25; and Miller and I have played many sessions for $10 a game.

Guys not wanting to play for anything is very common and, if you haven’t noticed the majority of games at most pool halls nowadays are for “funsies” you haven’t gotten out much. It is what it is.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
It's a soap Opera. Let's move on already!!!:frus

I cannot count the number of times I have said in the two years demonrho, Keone Young, and Wayne Pullen have been at this that I was willing to let it go. But they want to keep at it. So be it.

Lou Figueroa