OnePocket.org player sponsorship

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
We are getting pretty close to both these events -- the Derby City Classic, and the US Open One Pocket. Since there has not been a lot of input this year from our members as to who to sponsor, I am going to go out on a limb and suggest we sponsor the two players who have always been right in the conversation about sponsorship, only to have another player chosen in close voting. These two players both are well deserving players, and highly competitive. I am talking about Rob Melrose and Lou Figeroa. Unless I have overlooked someone, these two players kind of close the current circle of active members who are good players who have expressed interest in representing OnePocket.org, but have not yet had a chance to do so.

Can you all join me in supporting these players? The first donations will go 100% toward the DCC "buy back" since the Greg Sullivan/Diamond donation is only for the initial entry.

OnePocket.org Player Sponsorship

So far, we have committed for sponsorship:
Sappo/Miller: 25
JimmyB: 100
Miller: 75
Anonymous: 100
Ed: 20
MKBTANK: 50
jtompilot: 40
1pocketpro: 50
JAM: 50
dabarbr: 20

Also thank you to Greg Sullivan and Diamond for donating the One Pocket entry at Derby City
And Mark Griffin for donating the entry into the US Open One Pocket!!

Thank you!!

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Steve I would be happy to represent the site in the One Pocket. I have actually been practicing for the last few weeks(which I never do) and been on atkins. This will be the most prepared for derby I have been. The only year I played all the tournaments was 2009 I got 5th in One pocket and 10th in 9 ball. I may not finish as high as those but I will be better prepared this time and more in stroke prior to the tournament. So if the members would like me to represent them I will give it my best, if not no hard feelings and I understand.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Steve I would be happy to represent the site in the One Pocket. I have actually been practicing for the last few weeks(which I never do) and been on atkins. This will be the most prepared for derby I have been. The only year I played all the tournaments was 2009 I got 5th in One pocket and 10th in 9 ball. I may not finish as high as those but I will be better prepared this time and more in stroke prior to the tournament. So if the members would like me to represent them I will give it my best, if not no hard feelings and I understand.

Why not, I believe you give us the best chance of winning because of your personality. You'll have your opponents laughing so hard that playing well for them will be secondary. Win, just win baby.

Why not, seriously, you certainly have my vote. Good luck if you're chosen.

Lou is also a person that certainly qualifies to represent our site, it figures to be a close decision. Good luck to both players.

Bill Incardona

Last edited:

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
We are getting pretty close to both these events -- the Derby City Classic, and the US Open One Pocket. Since there has not been a lot of input this year from our members as to who to sponsor, I am going to go out on a limb and suggest we sponsor the two players who have always been right in the conversation about sponsorship, only to have another player chosen in close voting. These two players both are well deserving players, and highly competitive. I am talking about Rob Melrose and Lou Figeroa. Unless I have overlooked someone, these two players kind of close the current circle of active members who are good players who have expressed interest in representing OnePocket.org, but have not yet had a chance to do so.

would give a nod to Rob Melrose and/or Lou

... but if you did Lou you'd probably have to do John Barton also as the two are going to war with each other in March :eek: :)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i have been keeping my powder dry and patiently awaiting the sponsorship topic to come up… great minds must truly think alike because this is exactly what i was going to propose :D.

rob and lou are two great guys, very advanced and cerebral players, and known/respected in the billiard community. take it to em fellas…
:)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i have been keeping my powder dry and patiently awaiting the sponsorship topic to come up… great minds must truly think alike because this is exactly what i was going to propose :D.

rob and lou are two great guys, very advanced and cerebral players, and known/respected in the billiard community. take it to em fellas…
:)

oh, btw my vote is:
hacker - DCC
figueroa - US Open

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
steve i beleive both players are worthy candidates
although lou doesnt post that much except to provoke/stimulate discussion
i dont recall a comment in a wwyd
icbw
ive spoken and pmed with lou and he is a gentleman and would not embarrass us as a sponsored player

could you post how to donate??
some of us like to keep our donations annonymous

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
steve i beleive both players are worthy candidates
although lou doesnt post that much except to provoke/stimulate discussion
i dont recall a comment in a wwyd
icbw
ive spoken and pmed with lou and he is a gentleman and would not embarrass us as a sponsored player

could you post how to donate??
some of us like to keep our donations annonymous

both guys are controversial in different ways :) it's a good thing ... and they're both into OnePocket big time ...

without a doubt either one will represent the site very well, absolutely. one won't get a shot in 2014 but should be recommended for next year jmo

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI

Rob has my vote.

If you aren't representing this site we'll just woof at everybody to play some. They can play either of us or me and you can be partners against ANY two on here...playing everything.

Or instead of Billy robbing the mental cripples that wander by playing backgammon (remember that kid? lol), we'll get him a real game. Ah ha.

I know his feet aren't going to be well enough to play much pool but I know his ass is good enough to sit and throw the dice.

Its more fun sittin around there hustlin something up anyway.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I vote for my fat friend, Rob Melrose, and then for a genuine Onepocket bug,a credit to our country, and someone who only brings positives to the site, Colonel Bille Miller.

Beard

lfigueroa

Verified Member

Can you all join me in supporting these players? The first donations will go 100% toward the DCC "buy back" since the Greg Sullivan/Diamond donation is only for the initial entry.

So far, we have committed for sponsorship:
Sappo/Miller: 25

Steve, thank you for the nomination. I'd be proud and happy to serve.

Right now I just need a couple of days to figure out the logistics to make sure I can make it to the Open. The scheduling this year is truly horrific -- right after the DCC and in the middle of a couple of other "projects" I have early the coming year. But I think I can work all that out and will let everyone know in the next 48 hours.

As a side note, I know my nomination is going to make a couple of guys' heads here burst into flames, but whaddahey, you can't make everyone happy... and as everyone pretty much knows, I've never been too worried about accomplishing that :)

Lou Figueroa

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
My vote also goes to the "Hacker", He is a TRUE player that knows how to WIN! WE need a player that will fight for every ball on the table, that's Rob!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I vote for my fat friend, Rob Melrose, and then for a genuine Onepocket bug,a credit to our country, and someone who only brings positives to the site, Colonel Bille Miller.

Beard

freddy hacker said hes in training and on atkins
you may not recognize the slim and trim robert by the time the dcc comes along...:D
btw
if my prior post wasnt clear i also vote for robert
if its a choice between col bille and lou id have to vote for bille due to the time i got to know him at tunica
fwiw
lou i hope you are victorious over barton

Last edited:

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I will be there

I will be there

for those of you going... I am not missing this derby... However, I would rather pay my own way till I can confidently beat someone like Lou F., joey a., Bill S., and at least play the game correctly...

I agree with Melrose for the one pocket... but my heart would have to go to put Dr. Bill in the box...

thanks for the consideration though...

B

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
for those of you going... I am not missing this derby... However, I would rather pay my own way till I can confidently beat someone like Lou F., joey a., Bill S., and at least play the game correctly...

I agree with Melrose for the one pocket... but my heart would have to go to put Dr. Bill in the box...

thanks for the consideration though...

B
Always a gentleman!!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Okay, to make it official, OnePocket.org will be sponsoring Rob Melrose in the Derby City One Pocket division, and Lou Figueroa at the US Open One Pocket this year. Good luck to two good players and good representatives for OnePocket.org.

The rest of us, if you can help out with the sponsorship, please do! You can use paypal or credit card or send along a check. Complete info is here:

www.onepocket.org/PlayerSponsor.htm