Onepocket.org members I've met/played/gambled with - updated

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Time to update my original thread that I started 4 years ago - got two new names to add...anybody who wants to see the original thread, with all the humorous responses, can find it in the archives...

I created my list partly as a tongue-in-cheek response to my old pal Freddy's (RIP brother) infamous 'beat list'...:)

...and I feel very confident that I will always hold the onepocket.org record for this category...:heh ------>

1. Freddy the Beard
2. Racetrack Phil
3. Artie Bodendorfer
4. Larry Schwartz
5. Billy Incardona
6. RedShoes
7. George Fels
8. twister
9. DWS
10. Steve Booth
11. Chicago Mike
12. J.D. Dolan
13. BackPocketNineBall
14. Suki
15. kindlyolduncledave
16. ChicagoRJ
17. berniep
18. jayhelfert
19. jrhendy
20. Patrick Johnson
21. jazznpool
22. gbru
23. Weatherman
24. s-trolle
25. Roy Steffensen
26. millertime
27. Phil Welch
28. themilkman
29. thecoats
30. levartze
31. karelin
32. dmyroncox
33. timdog24
34. twister
35. Wayne
36. Voodoo
37. OldHasBeen
38. Dudley
39. wgcp
40. mobile mike
41. Petie
42. Miller
43. jtompilot
44. Bill
45. Grady
46. Shortstop
47. tsk7878
48. GriffinG
49. Cloidius

And, I've also played a handful of lurkers who don't have forum names, so I can't list them...:frus

The two new names I added - Griffin and Cloidius, I played this past week...and let me just add that they are both very nice young guys, and they were very respectful to the old Ghost :), (they're both the kind of young men that I would let marry my daughter - if I had one - and not just so I could have a son-in-law that I could regularly beat up on playing One Pocket :D ) and it was a pleasure to play them, and teach them a few things.

- Ghost

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Luke, I had to get up out of a sick bed to be number 50 on your "played" list.;) You and I played for a coupla hours in '09 at the Galveston World Classic. We played on that questionable 9' table in the game room off the lounge because the tourny tables weren't set up yet. Henderson was there too, although I can't remember if he played any, or he was just there to heckle and talk trash.:D

Only partially joking about the sick bed. I've had a terrible case of shingles in my left eye and face since July 11. It's knocked the tweet outta me, to where I had to close the clinic for a few days. I'm back part time now, but it's going to be several more weeks before I'll be 100%. Haven't been on the forum nor played or watched any pool for the whole time. Actually the break may end up doing my game some good...:cool:

Cheers~
Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Luke, I had to get up out of a sick bed to be number 50 on your "played" list.;) You and I played for a coupla hours in '09 at the Galveston World Classic. We played on that questionable 9' table in the game room off the lounge because the tourny tables weren't set up yet.

Cheers~
Doc

Doc...I didn't overlook you..thing is..sorry, but you don't qualify for my list..:eek:..and since Mr.3cushion also asked why he wasn't on the list, I guess I didn't make my thread title clear enough: My list consists only of members who I've gambled with, not just met or practiced with...you and I didn't gamble when we played, and Mr.3cushion and I have gambled together, but never against each other, and that's why he's not on my list.

- The gamblin' Ghost

PS, Get well soon.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Luke, I had to get up out of a sick bed to be number 50 on your "played" list.;) You and I played for a coupla hours in '09 at the Galveston World Classic. We played on that questionable 9' table in the game room off the lounge because the tourny tables weren't set up yet. Henderson was there too, although I can't remember if he played any, or he was just there to heckle and talk trash.:D

Only partially joking about the sick bed. I've had a terrible case of shingles in my left eye and face since July 11. It's knocked the tweet outta me, to where I had to close the clinic for a few days. I'm back part time now, but it's going to be several more weeks before I'll be 100%. Haven't been on the forum nor played or watched any pool for the whole time. Actually the break may end up doing my game some good...:cool:

Cheers~
Doc

I was there playing Doc and it was not a good trip. Lost to Artie, Billy I. & Artie in a partners game where I was my own partner (I had a bad partner) and Ghost took me off in a prop game. I had R A with me and the bar bill was brutal.

The only good thing was the Po Boy sandwiches on the way out of town.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
You and I played at least once, maybe at a Red Shoes or a Chris' tournament.

Lou Figueroa

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I wonder what ever happened to timdog24. I don't see him in N.Y. anymore.

Jim....I had Tim's phone#, and last winter after a long time of not seeing him on here or hearing from him, I called him up - his # was disconnected...I hope he didn't go on 'vacation'...:eek:...:eek:

You and I played at least once, maybe at a Red Shoes or a Chris' tournament.

Lou Figueroa

Lou....We've never gambled with each other.

- Ghost

GriffinG

Verified Member
From
NW Indiana
When you said I made your gambling list I figured it was some kind of "easy money" list! I see that's not the case.
Good to see you again, and thanks as always for helping me improve. As long as I give you a better game each time we play, I can't help but be happy!

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Jim....I had Tim's phone#, and last winter after a long time of not seeing him on here or hearing from him, I called him up - his # was disconnected...I hope he didn't go on 'vacation'...:eek:...:eek:

Lou....We've never gambled with each other.

- Ghost

Thought the thread title included "met and played" didn't know it was a trifecta.

Lou Figueroa

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I was there playing Doc and it was not a good trip. Lost to Artie, Billy I. & Artie in a partners game where I was my own partner (I had a bad partner) and Ghost took me off in a prop game. I had R A with me and the bar bill was brutal.

The only good thing was the Po Boy sandwiches on the way out of town.

That was a great contest between you, Artie and Cardone. I watched several hours of it, as did a few other guys on the forum. As a spectator it was graduate level one pocket at its highest level. You didn't prevail that day, but you took it to two of the finest most seasoned one pocket gamblers in the game.

I believe that session was the beginning of a steady rise in your 1P prowess and winning capacity that is normally only seen in a younger man. I can't recall ever seeing a septuagenarian steadily rise to a higher level as have you. It's inspiring to see an older guy actually GAIN confidence as he gets on in years.:cool:

In terms of entertainment in the Galveston match, it would be hard to beat the contrast between Billy and Artie. Artie at his shrewdest and most stoic cunning-- as if he were a statue in a town square; whereas Billy was constantly in motion, wearing out the carpet, and taking very little time in selecting the best possible shot. His asides poking fun at Artie's measured play could have been a comedy routine.:lol

Now take it easy on Col. Bille out there. Your bar tab may be reminiscent of ones you had with RA...;)

~Doc

OldSchool

Verified Member
Hey Ghost. I noticed that Artie is on your "gambled with" list and was wondering when and how did you two play and how did that turn out?

Old School

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ghost,
I know with both of you in chicago, surely ya'll have hit one or two together...

B

Bille.....Of course Ike and I have played/gambled many times..but I guess you didn't read/notice the other qualifying factor for being on my list = it compiles only onepocket.org members that I've gambled with - and as far as I know, Ike is not a onepocket.org member.

- Ghost

Hey Ghost. I noticed that Artie is on your "gambled with" list and was wondering when and how did you two play and how did that turn out?

Old School

OS.....I only ever gambled with Artie one time...it was when I was about 20 yrs. old, down in Bensingers, and what we played was 3 cushion...it wasn't a serious game - we were only playing for about $20 - Artie probably doesn't even remember it.

- Ghost

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Time to update my original thread that I started 4 years ago - got two new names to add...

I created my list partly as a tongue-in-cheek response to my old pal Freddy's (RIP brother) infamous 'beat list'...:)...but mainly so I would remember all the guys/members who I've played...

...and I feel very confident that I will always hold the onepocket.org record for this category...:heh ------>

1. Freddy the Beard
2. Racetrack Phil
3. Artie Bodendorfer
4. Larry Schwartz
5. Billy Incardona
6. RedShoes/John
7. George Fels
8. twister
9. DWS/Don
10. Steve Booth
11. Chicago Mike
12. J.D. Dolan
13. BackPocketNineBall
14. Suki
15. kindlyolduncledave
16. ChicagoRJ
17. berniep
18. jayhelfert
19. jrhendy
20. Patrick Johnson
21. jazznpool
22. gbru
23. Weatherman
24. s-trolle
25. Roy Steffensen
26. millertime
27. Phil Welch
28. TheMilkMan
29. thecoats
30. levartze
31. karelin
32. dmyroncox
33. timdog24
34. twister
35. Wayne
36. Voodoo
37. OldHasBeen
38. Dudley
39. wgcp/Bille
40. mobile mike
41. Petie
42. Miller/Dustin
43. jtompilot/Jim
44. Bill
45. Grady
46. Shortstop
47. tsk7878/Tom
48. GriffinG
49. Cloidius/Clyde

And, I've also played a handful of lurkers who don't have forum names, so I can't list them...:frus

The two new names I added - Griffin and Cloidius, I played this past week...and let me just add that they are both very nice young guys, and they were very respectful to the old Ghost :), (they're both the kind of young men that I would let marry my daughter - if I had one - and not just so I could have a son-in-law that I could regularly beat up on playing One Pocket :D ) and it was a pleasure to play them, and teach them a few things.

- Ghost

Forgot to update my list, after the last DCC...got some new names to add....and there was a few more members that were at the DCC that unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play, and add to my list.....here's my 2015 list additions, so far...and as I've said before...I doubt anybody on here will ever have a longer list, not even pilot Jim..:) ---->

50. Tom Wirth
51.Mkbtank/Mitch
52.straightback/Dan
53.calibration
54.Eengat
55.Nick B

PS, Here's the link to the original thread that I first put up 5 years ago, with all the humorous responses...:heh ----->

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4307&highlight=members

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Forgot to update my list, after the last DCC...got some new names to add....and there was a few more members that were at the DCC that unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play, and add to my list.....here's my 2015 list additions, so far...and as I've said before...I doubt anybody on here will ever have a longer list, not even pilot Jim..:) ---->

50. Tom Wirth
51.Mkbtank/Mitch
52.straightback/Dan
53.calibration
54.Eengat
55.Nick B

PS, Here's the link to the original thread that I first put up 5 years ago, with all the humorous responses...:heh ----->

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4307&highlight=members
You've got one less than you thought you had, unless the are two twisters. 8/34

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
You've got one less than you thought you had, unless the are two twisters. 8/34

Damn Jeff...I was liking you and now I have to find out that you're one of the forum police