ONE POCKET TOURNAMENT @ Red Shoes Billiards (Chicago) June 10th, 2017

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Red Shoes Billiards will be hosting a ONE POCKET TOURNAMENT on Saturday June 10th, 2017. This is a $50 Entry Fee (green fee included), ***$500 ADDED***(based on a full field), Double Elimination (3-2), One Day ("IRON MAN") event. For additional information CONTACT: John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards 12009 S. Pulaski Rd. Alsip, Illinois 60803 (tel. 708-388-3700 or website: redshoesbilliards.com). Sign-up by 12:00 PM (noon).

Rich93

Red Shoes has just recently put new cloth and cushions on their 9 foot Gold Crowns.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
A couple of items that might be interesting "to some but maybe not all and maybe even no one" about the Red Shoes Pool Room and the "Ironman" tournaments that are featured there.

First, all the rails on the 14 Gold Crown pool tables at Red Shoes have been recut to pro pocket widths of 5 and 5/8 inch (ten tables) and 5 and 3/8 inch (four tables). All the rubber has been replaced with Klematch P69 (Kleber) rubber. The rubber rails are made in France. I checked an internet site and the price for a set is $450.

Second, the Red Shoes Pool Room's one-pocket, nine ball, and bank tournaments are run under the "Ironman" format. For those who do not know what an "Ironman" format at Red Shoes is, I will provide a short explanation. Play begins on a Saturday at noon and usually ends sometime Sunday morning. For example, on June 10th, Ike Runnels played Jeff Carter for 1st place and finished their match around 8 in the morning. Ike is about 63 years old and Jeff is about 70! Amazing. No drugs just a lot of will power.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
j.r. (if you are john rawlski )congrats on your finish
check your pm because i would like to talk to you regarding the "new rails"
sorry for the mini hijack but this thread on azb tweaked my interest
check out post 9
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=454338
talks about a guy in ilinois who is making NEW rails for your gold crowns
NOT redoing your old rails like mark gregory
i am considering getting these rails for my GC 1
would like to know more

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
A couple of items that might be interesting "to some but maybe not all and maybe even no one" about the Red Shoes Pool Room and the "Ironman" tournaments that are featured there.

First, all the rails on the 14 Gold Crown pool tables at Red Shoes have been recut to pro pocket widths of 5 and 5/8 inch (ten tables) and 5 and 3/8 inch (four tables). All the rubber has been replaced with Klematch P69 (Kleber) rubber. The rubber rails are made in France. I checked an internet site and the price for a set is $450.

Second, the Red Shoes Pool Room's one-pocket, nine ball, and bank tournaments are run under the "Ironman" format. For those who do not know what an "Ironman" format at Red Shoes is, I will provide a short explanation. Play begins on a Saturday at noon and usually ends sometime Sunday morning. For example, on June 10th, Ike Runnels played Jeff Carter for 1st place and finished their match around 8 in the morning. Ike is about 63 years old and Jeff is about 70! Amazing. No drugs just a lot of will power.

You must mean 4 5/8 and 4 3/8
Jerimy Chambers made all new rails. They must play real good. I'll have to stop by Res Shoes Sunday on my way out of town

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Thank you "jtompilot" for pointing out the correct pocket sizes for the pool tables at Red Shoes. They are 4 and 5/8 (ten tables) and 4 and 3/8 (four tables).

My mistake regarding the incorrect pocket sizes in my original post is basically known as an "ID 10 T" error. If you group it together a little bit closer you will understand. An "ID10T" error.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
j.r. (if you are john rawlski )congrats on your finish
check your pm because i would like to talk to you regarding the "new rails"
sorry for the mini hijack but this thread on azb tweaked my interest
check out post 9
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=454338
talks about a guy in ilinois who is making NEW rails for your gold crowns
NOT redoing your old rails like mark gregory
i am considering getting these rails for my GC 1
would like to know more

I just read the threads on AZ Billiards regarding the "new rails and rubber for Gold Crown pool tables" by Jerimy Chambers.

Here is something I did not mention in my original post. As Jerimy Chambers was installing the new rails on the tables at Red Shoes he informed me that they are approximately 30 percent heavier than the original rails because of the wood he uses to build the new rails.

I was the first one to play for four hours on the very first table he had refurbished with new rails at Red Shoes. The table banked "solidly" (for want of a better word to describe the bounce of the object ball off the rail) and very true even with the new cloth. Several others also played on the table afterward and agreed with my assessment.

Exactly how well did I like his work? Well, I was going to buy a new 9 foot Diamond table to replace my Gold Crown III at my apartment. Instead, I texted Jerimy Chambers the next day and made a formal request that I am first on his list to do the exact same thing (make new rails) for the Gold Crown that is at my apartment.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I just read the threads on AZ Billiards regarding the "new rails and rubber for Gold Crown pool tables" by Jerimy Chambers.

Here is something I did not mention in my original post. As Jerimy Chambers was installing the new rails on the tables at Red Shoes he informed me that they are approximately 30 percent heavier than the original rails because of the wood he uses to build the new rails.

I was the first one to play for four hours on the very first table he had refurbished with new rails at Red Shoes. The table banked "solidly" (for want of a better word to describe the bounce of the object ball off the rail) and very true even with the new cloth. Several others also played on the table afterward and agreed with my assessment.

Exactly how well did I like his work? Well, I was going to buy a new 9 foot Diamond table to replace my Gold Crown III at my apartment. Instead, I texted Jerimy Chambers the next day and made a formal request that I am first on his list to do the exact same thing (make new rails) for the Gold Crown that is at my apartment.

Jerimy is one of the best table mechanics I have ever seen and a very close friend (I was a groomsman at his wedding). He can make any table play fantastic and probably knows more about pool tables than anyone I have ever met.