One Pocket sayings...

bernie p

Verified Member
I like the one where your opponent has multiple balls over their hole.....and you miraculously clear them all away...... with a single shot.:eek:

I believe Jeremy Jones credits Jersey Red with coming up with the appropriate saying......"I don't know where they're going.....but they ain't stayin' there". :lol

Bernie.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I believe Jeremy Jones credits Jersey Red with coming up with the appropriate saying......"I don't know where they're going.....but they ain't stayin' there". :lol

Bernie.[/QUOTE]

Funny

Jimmy B

Verified Member
When you are trying to needle somebody and get them to raise it or something you can say things, like if they miss a ball that they should have made-"You couldn't hit a bear in the ass with a bass fiddle you dumb ass marroon' or when you need one ball and they need like seven or more say 'I need one and you need a doctor you no playing sucker'. Sometimes this will encourage them to raise it.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Grady's

Grady's

I still have to say one of my favorites was Grady's, "that shot is fraught with peril".

or

Danny D's, he has the two rail, he's not going to shoot it, but he has it... I hear him say that in every match he has ever commentated on...

or

Freddy B, when talking about Artie playing Ronnie Allen, they circled each other...

B

boingo

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I stole this one from Fast Eddie in the Hustler. When I find a dead ball in the stack, before I call it I pause and say, "How should I play that one Bert?".

There have been times when I've been able to move three balls out of my opponents corner, afterward I call it "Cleaning house with a push broom".

I'd heard a different version of Steve's original saying, it went like this, "You bank for show but you cut for dough"

Drop Pocket

Verified Member
From
South Carolina
With all or most of the balls by or near my pocket: "Hey, my pocket looks like Times Square on New Years' Eve and your pocket looks like Times Square on New Years' Day!"

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Or how 'bout this one: You've just finished your inning and you take a look into the stack. You see a ball that looks close to being dead for your opponent but it isn't and you know it. You look it over real close from three different angles, now you look over at your opponent, and throw your arms up in the air and give it the old "Jeez, what else could go wrong" act.

THood

From
Westford, MA
If I need the same number of balls my opponent has, I say "we're tied!" When he looks at me like I'm a moron, I say "Polish tie. I need two, you have two"

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Another one I like is " gonna change the zip code on that ball by your pocket.
But one of the most important thing I was ever told was by Bob Sclack," Not ever shot has to be a great shot , just a good shot will do." RIP Bob. I sure miss playing with him.---Smitty

SJDinPHX

Suspended
The biggest farce statement is "there is no luck in one pocket" of course.

Tyler, There are NO, ZERO, NADA games played with round balls, where luck is NOT a factor...Please name ALL the games, that have much MORE luck involved, than one pocket :confused:..No, never mind, you'd crash the site !

PS..As Ive often remarked...."I would not get up out of the Electric Chair to shoot THAT shot" !

(quite possibly an irritant to people, who post REALLY BAD shot selections on WWYD threads.) ;)

Last edited:

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
Or how 'bout this one: You've just finished your inning and you take a look into the stack. You see a ball that looks close to being dead for your opponent but it isn't and you know it. You look it over real close from three different angles, now you look over at your opponent, and throw your arms up in the air and give it the old "Jeez, what else could go wrong" act.

That's cold. Nice move.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Tyler, There are NO, ZERO, NADA games played with round balls, where luck is NOT a factor...Please name ALL the games, that have LESS luck involved than one pocket :confused:

PS...."I would not get up out of the Electric Chair to shoot THAT shot" !
(possibly an irritant to people, who post REALLY BAD shot selections on WWYD threads.) ;)

My point was that people say there is no luck in one pocket, but there is. I think you and I agree, and you need to work on your reading. Are you squinting at the screen when you read my posts again? :heh

SJDinPHX

Suspended
My point was that people say there is no luck in one pocket, but there is. I think you and I agree, and you need to work on your reading. Are you squinting at the screen when you read my posts again? :heh

Reading comprehension 101. (did you miss this in 8th grade ?):eek:

Tyler, I was not saying, that there is NO luck, in one pocket..Your statement seemed to be a 'knock' on the skill involved, in playing good one pocket...I think there are thousands of games, (all with round ball's) ahead of OP, where 'LUCK' may often determine a winner or loser !....Please...come to the party..:frus

PS..And don't flatter yourself...I have to 'squint' to read ANYBODY'S post..:p

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I normally don't shoot that shot if I'm only playing for a hundred.(Stolen from JR Hendy)
Why do you think they named a state after him?
When you gotta go, you gotta go! after shooting what looks like a wild shot but is actually very safe.
He's never seen a safe he likes.