One Pocket Rich aka Connecticut Richard

poolboy79

Well-Known-Member
Is he really from CT? And if so did he learn to play in CT? I am from CT and have never even heard any one even mention his name.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Is he really from CT? And if so did he learn to play in CT? I am from CT and have never even heard any one even mention his name.

Richie is in my opinion one of the most talented one hole players in this country. I go back to the 60's so Im making a bold statement. He started playing Efren way back in the old days. He learned from guys like Conneticut Johnny Vivas one of the top players in that era.
He has taken apart a lot of pros that have come to play in his home room in California. He beat Dennis Orcollo a little while back and Dennis came back and beat him in a rematch. They played even.
The fact is he has 3 sons and a beautiful wife and has a successful contracting business he runs. Times has been tough in the housing market and he has had his ups and downs but never failed to support his family.
If he was single and played full time he would be a known entity but he prefers the family life instead of the road.
He has had running battles in the old days with Keither, Cecil, Tang Hoa, and Efren that were just amazing.
Yes he is from Conneticut.

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
That is him. Not sure of the spelling either. Does not play much anymore from what I hear.

Rich just texted me and said he is itching to play again. He took some time off to get his business back on track. Should be seeing him soon.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Rich just texted me and said he is itching to play again. He took some time off to get his business back on track. Should be seeing him soon.

I'd rather he jumped into the booth... I can't beat him and I love his commentary. A two-fer. :)

Wayne

Verified Member

I can't believe he has not played in almost 2 years. He was definitely the best or close to the best in California when he played regularly. I would rank him as one of the greatest movers in the game. If he could shoot like he could move he would be one of the top players in the world.

Wayne

Verified Member
I'd rather he jumped into the booth... I can't beat him and I love his commentary. A two-fer. :)

His commentary in the Frost/Pagulayan match was among the best I had ever listened to.

baby huey

Verified Member
Richie is a quality player who has his priorities in order. His family comes first, period. He has children and is definitely trying to be there for them. He will be back to the game and being a great player especially on the defensive side of the ball, it won't take him too long to regain his form if and when he returns to the game.

poolboy79

Well-Known-Member
Does anyone know when he left CT? I've been around the scene for about 20 years here and never even heard anyone mention his name. The first time I heard of him was reading either WOP or SM&S where there is an excerpt about him playing Efren.

Along with the videos mentioned there is one of him playing John Schmidt where he brings Schmidt to his knees.

I don't know what the prerequisite for nominating or voting for members of the Hall of Fame is because I am a new member, but if eligible I am going to vote for CT Richard.

Wayne

Verified Member
Does anyone know when he left CT? I've been around the scene for about 20 years here and never even heard anyone mention his name. The first time I heard of him was reading either WOP or SM&S where there is an excerpt about him playing Efren.

Along with the videos mentioned there is one of him playing John Schmidt where he brings Schmidt to his knees.

I don't know what the prerequisite for nominating or voting for members of the Hall of Fame is because I am a new member, but if eligible I am going to vote for CT Richard.

I've known him for 20 years and he has been in Los Angeles for all of that time. He has gone to see family in Ct. a few times during that period.

He is a very good player but not Hall of Fame material yet.