One Pocket Racking Secret

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
jay helfert said:
I'm paying attention. I might learn something here. :confused:
My problem the last few years is scratching in the corner off my break. I never used to do that. I'm doing something wrong, that's for sure.

I'm not sure why this works---but try it.

Move the cue ball 10 to 12 inches off the side rail and shoot with inside English but use a little draw. I saw an old time road man do this and now I have success with it. You won't make a ball on the break very often.

Dudley

Verified Member
tonygreen said:
Thank you Dudley ... in my statement i was speaking of new sets vs old sets. To the players I say adjust to your conditions accordingly. In my room they own 4 sets of balls that a reserved for one-pocket and some players make a huge deal out of requesting to play with these four sets only (personally it's not a concern for me) So with the old sets of mixed and matched "common" balls i will begin to rack them with the heavier striped balls on my opponents side. As for the Belgian Aramith and the Centenials i will not be concerned with such raking.

much thanks
Happy to share Tony,

I agree with you also about it not being that big of a deal. Even when I notice that the balls are different sizes I still just take note and do my best to adjust. The conditions are the same for my opponent as well.

Dud