One pocket player 94 years young........

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
There is a gentleman one pocket player age 94 that suits up and shows up
and plays one pocket regularly for the cheese at Jack's pool hall in New Albany, Indiana just across the river from Louisville. Chuck Walters is his name. He is from Louisville originally and used to run a pool room many years ago.
I heard about a 85 year old man robbing everybody playing one pocket in New albany. I made a special trip to that room 9 years ago to see who this man was. He's still doing it, drives himself also.
Hang in there Chuck. I've known him for 40 years or so.
BJ

Shortstop

Verified Member
From
Chisqztown
Gene The Machine

Gene The Machine

Gene..He was a player at Chris`s in Chicago...98 years old & he drove to the poolroom & played every day,for many years,till he passed away ay 99...He played 3-cushion..I`m sorry this is not a one pocket post...But a love of the game Post & how it keeps you thinking & young!

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
Gene..He was a player at Chris`s in Chicago...98 years old & he drove to the poolroom & played every day,for many years,till he passed away ay 99...He played 3-cushion..I`m sorry this is not a one pocket post...But a love of the game Post & how it keeps you thinking & young!

we should be so lucky reachin 90's much less still playing competitively

rip ol' timer, rip sir

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
There is a gentleman one pocket player age 94 that suits up and shows up
and plays one pocket regularly for the cheese at Jack's pool hall in New Albany, Indiana just across the river from Louisville. Chuck Walters is his name. He is from Louisville originally and used to run a pool room many years ago.
I heard about a 85 year old man robbing everybody playing one pocket in New albany. I made a special trip to that room 9 years ago to see who this man was. He's still doing it, drives himself also.
Hang in there Chuck. I've known him for 40 years or so.
BJ

in your 90's and still playing competitively. like the other fella said - will keep you mentally sharp and feelin younger. hope I'm wearin the same pair of shoes