one pocket in Louisville, KY

naji

Verified Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2011
Messages
63
Hello OB fans, anyone knows which pool hall in Louisville, KY, play one pocket, or have weekly events. Thanks
 

John Brumback

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,747
naji said:
Hello OB fans, anyone knows which pool hall in Louisville, KY, play one pocket, or have weekly events. Thanks

Bankshot's or Mark Masden's cue club.tell em John B. sent ya.
 

naji

Verified Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2011
Messages
63
pool hall in Louisville, KY

pool hall in Louisville, KY

Thanks John, i will check them out
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
naji said:
Hello OB fans, anyone knows which pool hall in Louisville, KY, play one pocket, or have weekly events. Thanks



NO but I no in 1960 I use too play the State fair in Louiville Kentuky with royale American show.

I had hole at the bottom of my shoes. And it was ranning out.

And my feet got all wet. I had my bose polack Andy send me some money to fly in to go too work.

It was a great state fair. WithRoyale American show. I remember my bose took me too dinner and he was with Whity Wise the manager off Royale American show. Thier was a sanator with us too he eat with us. I donrt remember his name.

But I do no I was the only btoke guy thier. And My bose loved busting my balls.

And in front off Whity Wise and the senator. He asked me did I steal enough from him too but him a beer.

And I said I will buy you two beers. And everyone loved the come back and they laughed through the whole meal.

And my boss never forgot my line. He told everyone about what I said.

But we were very close. and he would do anything for me. He even paid for my weeding and gave me a envelope full off hundred dollar bills.

Who could belive howe much money those stands made. And he had like 25 off them All in front off the mudway. So we had first shot at all the coustomers comeung in the park.

And you would have a couple hundred thousand people a day go through thier. And thats were I got my harvard degree in hustling.

I guess I didnt need to go too colledge twice.
 

John Brumback

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,747
Artie Bodendorfer said:
NO but I no in 1960 I use too play the State fair in Louiville Kentuky with royale American show.

I had hole at the bottom of my shoes. And it was ranning out.

And my feet got all wet. I had my bose polack Andy send me some money to fly in to go too work.

It was a great state fair. WithRoyale American show. I remember my bose took me too dinner and he was with Whity Wise the manager off Royale American show. Thier was a sanator with us too he eat with us. I donrt remember his name.

But I do no I was the only btoke guy thier. And My bose loved busting my balls.

And in front off Whity Wise and the senator. He asked me did I steal enough from him too but him a beer.

And I said I will buy you two beers. And everyone loved the come back and they laughed through the whole meal.

And my boss never forgot my line. He told everyone about what I said.

But we were very close. and he would do anything for me. He even paid for my weeding and gave me a envelope full off hundred dollar bills.

Who could belive howe much money those stands made. And he had like 25 off them All in front off the mudway. So we had first shot at all the coustomers comeung in the park.

And you would have a couple hundred thousand people a day go through thier. And thats were I got my harvard degree in hustling.

I guess I didnt need to go too colledge twice.

Good story Artie!! That's funny right there. love the Harvard degree line.LOL
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
John Brumback said:
Good story Artie!! That's funny right there. love the Harvard degree line.LOL

I am going too ask you a qouistion if you dont want to answer it its OK its up too you. I am asking you because you are a dreat player and you have the respect off the people.

Who do you think should make the rules for the different pool games. And Why. And what do you think off the bank pool rules. Do you see anthing that should be changed that is not a good rule for bank pool.

I no its hard for you because you are a very easy going man. And you dont like too say anything thats negative or ill hurt someones feelings. And I respect that.

Bit I am no asking this because you are a nice guy. I am saking this for the game off banks.

And too help the game off banks too make it better. I am not a good banker. But I no what is a good rule and what isnt.

So I would like to her everthing you have too say about the rules in bank pool.

Whatever your answer is I will take it as a opinion off a real perfesinol player.

Because you are qualified and you no what needs too be changed . Or if everything is ok. All I am doing is looking for the wholes in the rules that will
make the game better for the players who will follow in your foot steps

And people will listen to a great player.
 

John Brumback

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,747
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I am going too ask you a qouistion if you dont want to answer it its OK its up too you. I am asking you because you are a dreat player and you have the respect off the people.

Who do you think should make the rules for the different pool games. And Why. And what do you think off the bank pool rules. Do you see anthing that should be changed that is not a good rule for bank pool.

I no its hard for you because you are a very easy going man. And you dont like too say anything thats negative or ill hurt someones feelings. And I respect that.

Bit I am no asking this because you are a nice guy. I am saking this for the game off banks.

And too help the game off banks too make it better. I am not a good banker. But I no what is a good rule and what isnt.

So I would like to her everthing you have too say about the rules in bank pool.

Whatever your answer is I will take it as a opinion off a real perfesinol player.

Because you are qualified and you no what needs too be changed . Or if everything is ok. All I am doing is looking for the wholes in the rules that will
make the game better for the players who will follow in your foot steps

And people will listen to a great player.

Hey Artie,The only rule In bankpool that I never cared much for was when you could shoot a straight back long rail bank and It could go off of the point of the side pocket and slip on down and go In the pocket. I think they have changed that though at least In most tournys.Other than that I don't see anything at all wrong with the rules In banks or onepocket.At least I can't think of any right off the top of my head.If I do,I'll post em as I think of em.Thanks Artie. JB
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
John Brumback said:
Hey Artie,The only rule In bankpool that I never cared much for was when you could shoot a straight back long rail bank and It could go off of the point of the side pocket and slip on down and go In the pocket. I think they have changed that though at least In most tournys.Other than that I don't see anything at all wrong with the rules In banks or onepocket.At least I can't think of any right off the top of my head.If I do,I'll post em as I think of em.Thanks Artie. JB


One pocket rulesand bank pool rules have not changed too much. But they still need too go threw each and every rule too see if the can make them better. And the biggest rule changes that are a joke if Eight ball. A complete disaster.

And straight pool rules have stayed pretty much the same. Excepte in the olden days any time you touched any ball its a fowl. And I happen too agree with that rule.

Because if you put your apponient in a tough pressure shot shooting over a ball and the cue ball is inbetween the two balls. You are taking away from the position were your opponent left you.

And shooting over the rack knoweingif you touch a ball its a foul. Buts pressure on your opponent.

And touching any ball even Three Coushion billiards was a foul. And it might still be a foul. But thats how long its been since I played three chushion Billards.

But eight ball rules are worse then Cancer. And someone said too call so and so who made the rules. Im not looking too call someone who isnt going too change anything.

I no what I am saying and talking about. He needs to read what we are wrighting . And figure it out from thier. I am not waisting my time with someone thats not going to listen or change whats the best for the game.

You might say why am I doing all off this then. Because It will stay in the forums and maybe if they read it it will get changed. And if they dont want too change it and make it better.

Then let the sheep follow the Fack. And thats the way it will be. I am saying all off this because some rules need to be changed.

And if a rule is 50 50 in agreement then just leave it alone. Tell something better gets figured out.
 

dmyroncox

Verified Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
75
location

location

bank shot is on market st downtown
billiards club is out on bardstown road in fern creek
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
Artie Bodendorfer said:
One pocket rulesand bank pool rules have not changed too much. But they still need too go threw each and every rule too see if the can make them better. And the biggest rule changes that are a joke if Eight ball. A complete disaster.

And straight pool rules have stayed pretty much the same. Excepte in the olden days any time you touched any ball its a fowl. And I happen too agree with that rule.

Because if you put your apponient in a tough pressure shot shooting over a ball and the cue ball is inbetween the two balls. You are taking away from the position were your opponent left you.

And shooting over the rack knoweingif you touch a ball its a foul. Buts pressure on your opponent.

And touching any ball even Three Coushion billiards was a foul. And it might still be a foul. But thats how long its been since I played three chushion Billards.

But eight ball rules are worse then Cancer. And someone said too call so and so who made the rules. Im not looking too call someone who isnt going too change anything.

I no what I am saying and talking about. He needs to read what we are wrighting . And figure it out from thier. I am not waisting my time with someone thats not going to listen or change whats the best for the game.

You might say why am I doing all off this then. Because It will stay in the forums and maybe if they read it it will get changed. And if they dont want too change it and make it better.

Then let the sheep follow the Fack. And thats the way it will be. I am saying all off this because some rules need to be changed.

And if a rule is 50 50 in agreement then just leave it alone. Tell something better gets figured out.[/QUOTE

I played in this one place it had like 5 tables it was all Arabs in the place no Americans. So I went in thier with John the Greek. The saket me if I wanted too play eight ball. And I said how much. They sai 50 dollaers a game.

I said ok. Little did I no how creepy they realy were . So I started playing they couldnt play. But the shit the pulled was unbliveable.

So I am shooting at the eight ball and I called it in the corner pocket. It was a easy shot. So I make the eight ball and the guy tells me I loose. I said why do I loose he said the eight ball touched the rail and I didnt call the rail.

Bit I paid him and I seen what time it was. So on any shot I would ask the rule ahead off time. And they came up with crap I never herd before.

I shot one off my balls straight in the pocket and then I shot another ball in the same pocket. And the guy said thats a foul you cant shoot two balls in the same pocket. But I went along with all thier rules.

Because I new they couldnt play and people like that once you beat them in thier own game. They go off good. And when it was all over I won about 24 hundred dollars. I think we broke the joint.

And on my way out I asket the guy I was playing can you play the same person two days in a row. And he just looket at me. But we went back thier one more time and we one only about 3 hundred dollrs.

And I seen that these people werent playing with a full deck. I shouldnt have even went back thier. I could see the didnt like Americans. But I was ready for them incase one off them says we dont like Americans. And I would have said good I dont like Americans either. And Im not Ammerican.

They would have been totaly cofused. But when you play people like that your looking for trouble. But the had all kinds off rules. And they made them sa we played. But John the Greek liket it. He liket all that crazey stuff.
 

naji

Verified Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2011
Messages
63
one pocket in Louisville, KY

Thanks dmyroncox, i will let Artie and John hash out some bank shots rules, it is good to read oldie stuf
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
naji said:
Thanks dmyroncox, i will let Artie and John hash out some bank shots rules, it is good to read oldie stuf



I decline that job because I am not a banker and cant bank. Out off all the Chicago bank pool players. I was the worst I was at avarage at best.

If thier is a certain rule that is close I will give my opinion. If its one way. Then the decision is already made.

I would like too tell you a story sice I like the name John a lot. Because My fathers name was John And my oldest Brothers name was John.

And I have found the Perfect Name for you. It just popet into my head.

And its not straight Back. Let me no if you like the name. And Someone can make up a tea shirt with the name. I like the name a lot a whole lot..

THE NAME IS HONEST JOHN. A 10 Star special.

I remember playing Clyde Chillders he was a good shooter and a good banker. And he told Freddy how in the world can this guy beat me he cant make a cross corner bank.

Freddy shruged his shoulder and said thats the way he shoots. Next day we both but up 20 and I didnt have no clue who the backer was. Too this day. Freddy got me the backer.

He could have been from freddys naborhood Taylor street. The guy was dressest imaculate. He locket like the godfather in the movie Michale. And he told Clyds backer you dont have too bet 20 you can bet a hundred or whatever you want too bet.

And I had no clue who this guy was. I never said nothing too him. And he didnt say anything too me.

And when we started playing I played Mistake free one pocket. And I played great. Clyde lost 5 games in a row. And on top off that he made one ball.

And when it was over Cjyde lost it he started stabing the sealing with his cue stick. And if phil would have seen that clyde wouldnt have liket the resulte.

When clyde was readt too leave I asket him how does it feel too get beat by a guy that cant make a cross corner bank.

And as he started too walk out. I said I was hot and he said what can you be hot about.

And I said I am hot that you even made one ball. And shortly after wards he got in a car axcedent and past away.

But Clyde was a good shooter and a good bancker. And I think they had his game under rated. But he lioved action. And he was good for pool.
 

Scrzbill

Verified Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
3,928
Speaking of bank rules John........ If you played in Ky when you were young and you scratched and didn't have any, did you owe? Banks in Louisville played way back when Patch Eye played and Truman was just learning, was no owe if you didn't have any. One pocket was different. You always owed. It was always fifteen ball open break, never nine ball banks. What's the rule now in Kentucky? Owe or don't owe? If you knock a ball off the table, does it go back where it went off the table or behind the line? Where's the rule book on that one? Be great to get some bank lessons from you. I was very disappointed you didn't win the banks this year at the DCC. What's the deal with them having the finals in the middle of the night?
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I decline that job because I am not a banker and cant bank. Out off all the Chicago bank pool players. I was the worst I was at avarage at best.

If thier is a certain rule that is close I will give my opinion. If its one way. Then the decision is already made.

I would like too tell you a story sice I like the name John a lot. Because My fathers name was John And my oldest Brothers name was John.

And I have found the Perfect Name for you. It just popet into my head.

And its not straight Back. Let me no if you like the name. And Someone can make up a tea shirt with the name. I like the name a lot a whole lot..

THE NAME IS HONEST JOHN. A 10 Star special.

I remember playing Clyde Chillders he was a good shooter and a good banker. And he told Freddy how in the world can this guy beat me he cant make a cross corner bank.

Freddy shruged his shoulder and said thats the way he shoots. Next day we both but up 20 and I didnt have no clue who the backer was. Too this day. Freddy got me the backer.

He could have been from freddys naborhood Taylor street. The guy was dressest imaculate. He locket like the godfather in the movie Michale. And he told Clyds backer you dont have too bet 20 you can bet a hundred or whatever you want too bet.

And I had no clue who this guy was. I never said nothing too him. And he didnt say anything too me.

And when we started playing I played Mistake free one pocket. And I played great. Clyde lost 5 games in a row. And on top off that he made one ball.

And when it was over Cjyde lost it he started stabing the sealing with his cue stick. And if phil would have seen that clyde wouldnt have liket the resulte.

When clyde was readt too leave I asket him how does it feel too get beat by a guy that cant make a cross corner bank.

And as he started too walk out. I said I was hot and he said what can you be hot about.

And I said I am hot that you even made one ball. And shortly after wards he got in a car axcedent and past away.

But Clyde was a good shooter and a good bancker. And I think they had his game under rated. But he lioved action. And he was good for pool.


When can we start. Banks isnt much too change Nine ball just a few. And two good ones. Eight ball almost every rule needs too be changed. Straight pool is ok. The rules in straight pool are ok. Maybe a few minor rules.

If its close let the players vote at a tournement. On a secret ballot.The bank pool rules are ok . The onlt thing I would change no foul object ball off the table. Three scratches in a row playing banks you loose the game by same player.

On qouistnable banks and kiss shot . Have the most qualified reff call the shot. And for the Finale game play with all 15 balls. or you could even play the tie off with 15 balls and the first player to maje 6 banks wins. But that rule they way it is is ok too.



Nine ball its a must to role out to be able too play safe. Kicking at a ball takes all the deffensive dkill out off the game.

And the score being yied 10 to 10. And a player locks you up too give up cue ball in hand. Isnot fair and its no way too decide the winner.

All the play and excitment is taken out off the game. And any time you luck in a ball you keep shooting. Why get penalized for lucking in a ball. Any ball not made in a pocket gets spotted up.


And winner off the game always gets to breack the balls. Because if you rotate the breack he is getting punished for winning the game.

And if a player is loosing 10 to 6 going too eleven he can still win by running 5 racks. And thats what the publick wants too see and ads excitment too the game.

Eight ball Would be like wrighting a new testament. More then half the rules need too be changed. THe rules are imbaselick.

And what I think is very important on a real close technical call. ou have too have the best reff caling the shot.

And if its a super crucial shot have 2 or 3 reffs calling the shot. Eventuly 5 or 10 years from no you can even go on replay and make the call. With a reff that knowes what he is doing.
THe last rule is very IFFY. BUt it putd more play into the game.

I remember when people played banks and no scratch or foul would cost you a ball. The called ir no scratch banks.

WE all no some reffs are horable and shouldnt be reffs. But who is going to weed them out?

This is a start. And it can be a lot better then this. BUt you have too start some were. You cant let the Squares make the rules.
 

naji

Verified Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2011
Messages
63
one pocket in Louisville, KY

Went to KY, bank shot is good place for one pocket, unfortunately timing was bad, did not find any match. Billiards club seems to be League mostly and all tables either 9 b or 8 ball. Any rate thanks for the tip all
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
naji said:
Went to KY, bank shot is good place for one pocket, unfortunately timing was bad, did not find any match. Billiards club seems to be League mostly and all tables either 9 b or 8 ball. Any rate thanks for the tip all



Maybe some one can start a match up treand were too play and who too play.

And have someone match up a fair game that both player eill play.

And give the names off the people who want too play. And the people who play close too your speed.

And that might even be good for players who will not be in the US open who do dont play well enough but want too play and are looking too play people in thier own clas.

And match up two people who just want to play for a few dollaers and enjoy themselves.

And no they dont have too be a champion or a tournement player to get a game. And play for 20 or 50 dollaersa game.

And make a fair game. Youre not looking for a big bet or looking too wun big money.

You are looking for a close game for a few dollars with a friendly and nice person too play with.

When its all done and said you had a good time and you enjoyed youreself and you will want too do it again.


Just a Idea,. Whoever matches they games up I recomened you make fair games.
 
Top