One Pocket Action Match-Chip Compton vs Roberto Gomez-August 7th-8th-9th

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
We are Live from Damifino Billiards in Angleton, Texas.
Day three play will be starting soon.
Day two ended with Chip leading 16-15
Tune in for day three and sweat the exciting conclusion.
Jeremy Jones breaking down all the shots and strategies with expert commentary
Get a pass to watch at www.PoolActionTV.com

1597010759132.png

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I try to purchase a Sunday $14.95 pass through paypal and it always comes up $24.95. It happened to me yesterday. I wanted a 48 hr. pass for $19.95 and it came up $24.95.
I have not had a problem before, for when it says a price that is the price I get. So I am not watching. Whitey

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
I try to purchase a Sunday $14.95 pass through paypal and it always comes up $24.95. It happened to me yesterday. I wanted a 48 hr. pass for $19.95 and it came up $24.95.
I have not had a problem before, for when it says a price that is the price I get. So I am not watching. Whitey
Make sure you empty your cart and try again that option is at the top of the purchase page

Call Helpdesk if you need help he will help fix it for you

1597014625034.png

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Looks like Chip wore him down. Roberto is coming off the ball, missing and losing his cue ball. Hell of a match until the last couple hours.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
One pocket: It's still about knowledge. The more knowledgeable player who shoots a little less straight wins again. Dozens of situations where Roberto didn't know what to do, panicked or guessed. Chip was patient, played solid defense and just outplayed him in day 3. Congrats to Chip.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
WOW! Congrats Chip ~

I would have bet on Gomez, I am glad I saved my money!

Also, I am very happy to see that "knowledge / moving" prevailed over "straight shooting / run out artistry" (this time)

It gives me hope because I will never be able to run out with the top pros, but I may be able to out think/move them someday :)

Thanks for the stream as always, although I didn't watch this one...I can only watch matches that are pre-recorded so I can stop and resume whenever I want, I have too many distractions....

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Chip may not be the favorite to prevail over Alex, Orcullo, or Tony, but I think that this match shows that he can play with the biggest.

IMO Chip comes off sometimes as a goofy kid when talking with him, but as he matures he obviously has the talent to play with anybody and win.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Potential Next Matches:

Compton v. Deuel
Hall v. Lunda
Thorpe v. Kiamco
Busty v. SVB

Looks like we are going to be in our houses for the fall and no football, so let's set them up!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
congrats to chip for the win
yes its nice to see moving beat shooting but for those that know roberto
did we see his A game?
if not
was it chip or outside distractions ( ie girlfriend troubles etc) or both that was his kryptonite?

BRLongArm

Verified Member
congrats to chip for the win
yes its nice to see moving beat shooting but for those that know roberto
did we see his A game?
if not
was it chip or outside distractions ( ie girlfriend troubles etc) or both that was his kryptonite?
1. Day one: I think you are right.
2. Day two: Roberto played well and won the day.
3. Day three: Chip just kept the hammer down and didn't give any air, once winning a game that he was down 7-0.

I just chalk it up to lack of seasoning/lack of knowledge. Chip took him into deep water and made him play the game. He moved the balls up table often to see what Roberto didn't know. He did what Chohan failed to do when going up against a great shooter in Filler; take him out of his comfort zone and make him play one pocket. Chip won because he had more patience and better defense. Roberto often seemed lost in the end game. I think Chip won almost all games where it came down to one or two balls.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
1. Day one: I think you are right.
2. Day two: Roberto played well and won the day.
3. Day three: Chip just kept the hammer down and didn't give any air, once winning a game that he was down 7-0.

I just chalk it up to lack of seasoning/lack of knowledge. Chip took him into deep water and made him play the game. He moved the balls up table often to see what Roberto didn't know. He did what Chohan failed to do when going up against a great shooter in Filler; take him out of his comfort zone and make him play one pocket. Chip won because he had more patience and better defense. Roberto often seemed lost in the end game. I think Chip won almost all games where it came down to one or two balls.
thanks for the reply ... 👍