Olathe

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Anyone from the site interested in the tournament there. I would consider going if someone wants to split a room and rental car.

The dates are 23 June or the end of the month. 9 ball and one pocket. 125 gets you entered in both venues.

B

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Anyone from the site interested in the tournament there. I would consider going if someone wants to split a room and rental car.

The dates are 23 June or the end of the month. 9 ball and one pocket. 125 gets you entered in both venues.

B
Maybe, depending how many days you are going and if I win this 9 ball tournament today...lol
Nevermind, something came up...:(

Last edited:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i'm not gonna make this one.

spoke to kollegedave a couple/three weeks ago and he was on the fence, not sure about lou/brendan/daniel. usually a handful of other STL area players there (i.e. bergman, gomez, arizona jay, little jake, frank spencer, mike arrow, etc).

good chance lsjohn and his son, jay, will be in attendance.

usually a large, very strong field. worth the trip if you can swing it.

the nearby econo lodge fills up quickly....

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

B
Hey, bro-- Mary could get into the ladies' 9ball, snap it off, and split up the $2200 with you! Y'all could get rooms at the Hilton!..:cool:

~Doc

t-dog

Verified Member

B

Ill be there, if anyone wants to meet up.

t-dog

Verified Member
Good tourney

Good tourney

I had a good showing at Olathe in the onepocket. Won four matches to get 7th which is pretty strong considering I only lost to Bergman and Bustamante. Also got to meet LSJohn. So many times, i was patient, moved well, got to the first shot.......then promptly shot that ball, into the rail. :(

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Olathe

I had a good showing at Olathe in the onepocket. Won four matches to get 7th which is pretty strong considering I only lost to Bergman and Bustamante. Also got to meet LSJohn. So many times, i was patient, moved well, got to the first shot.......then promptly shot that ball, into the rail. :(

Congrats man. That is strong as battery acid!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Yes, you played very well, but with this field it was inevitable to run into a couple of buzz saws eventually. You hit two of the three buzziest.

Great to meet you. I plan on seeing you at Big Dog.

To whom it may concern. Warning!

If you float an experimental teaser out for Troy (t-dog) he WILL fire it at his hole (and probably make it.) :heh

Pleasant young feller too. :)

BTW, I had to leave before the final and I haven't heard the outcome. Chip C. had the hot seat and Justin B. would have to beat him twice in the true double elim final. Busty finished 3rd, beaten once each by the two finalists.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Yes, you played very well, but with this field it was inevitable to run into a couple of buzz saws eventually. You hit two of the three buzziest.

If you float an experimental teaser out for Troy (t-dog) he WILL fire it at his hole (and probably make it.) :heh

BTW, I had to leave before the final and I haven't heard the outcome. Chip C. had the hot seat and Justin B. would have to beat him twice in the true double elim final. Busty finished 3rd, beaten once each by the two finalists.

John,

What a nice surprise running into you at Shooters, but I was disappointed that Col. Bille wasn't there as I expected to see him. Sorry I did not get a chance to meet t-dog as Diane and I were only there for about 2 1/2 hours on our way home from a road trip.

Chip won, Bergman 2nd. I saw some of the first meeting between those two that Chip won in a hill-hill battle. Bergman is a great player but tough to watch, however, he is sure elegant at times :) ...

Bergman

Chip

My wife, Diane; Busty and my friend from CO Chris McDaniel

I had John in my sights from across the room but he got up and I didn't see him again during our stop. :(

Dave

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
John,

What a nice surprise running into you at Shooters, but I was disappointed that Col. Bille wasn't there as I expected to see him. Sorry I did not get a chance to meet t-dog as Diane and I were only there for about 2 1/2 hours on our way home from a road trip.

Chip won, Bergman 2nd. I saw some of the first meeting between those two that Chip won in a hill-hill battle. Bergman is a great player but tough to watch, however, he is sure elegant at times :) ...

Bergman

Chip

My wife, Diane; Busty and my friend from CO Chris McDaniel

I had John in my sights from across the room but he got up and I didn't see him again during our stop. :(

Dave

Good to see you and meet your wife, Dave. I also enjoyed talking to Chris McDaniel, a very good player.

t-dog

Verified Member

So...you are saying I shoot at my hole a lot, eh? :) Nice to meet you. For some good meditation apps, check out that Headspace or Insight Time. Both are both free. I cant believe 12Squared drove out of his way and didnt even say hi. jk :)

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
So...you are saying I shoot at my hole a lot, eh? :) Nice to meet you. For some good meditation apps, check out that Headspace or Insight Time. Both are both free. I cant believe 12Squared drove out of his way and didnt even say hi. jk :)

John pointed you out but I'm too old to remember the description. Next time...congrats on a great finish.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
So...you are saying I shoot at my hole a lot, eh? :)

Well, not every time. Only when you think there's some possibility that one of the balls might fall into your pocket. :D

Your skills are strong, dude, and too aggressive beats too passive every time. Keep on truckin'.