Ok Alex. Wwyd Joyner vs Runnels

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Saw this last night. Cliff's pocket is bottom left. Ike is shooting.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21387468061.708005.jpg

Alexonepockettrickshots

Verified Member
Hi. Awesome! Thank you!!

Ok so what I see...I may be wrong. I'm still new lol.

A.) Ok so what about shooting at the 2 ball, and leaving cue ball safe in the rack?

B.) Or what about caroming off the 10 somehow and sending cue ball past 11 somehow?

C.) Or what about hitting at the 2 ball to move those balls, will it send the 5 ball into the 6 closer to your pocket?

D.) Or carom off the 10 ball, into the rail and hit the 11 to knock away?

E.) What about kicking at the short rail, through the 14 and the 8, and knocking the 11 away?

F.) What about trying to kick at the back of the 9 and have the cue ball slide past the 8.

G.) This would be weird but imagine hitting into the 14, 13, 11 and sending the 11 kind of towards your side and having the cue ball be below the 13 and 14 on the short rail.

H.) Or hit off the 14 and go between the 8 and 9 and leave cue ball there

I.) Or hit off the 14, then cue ball hits into 8, leaving cue ball on opponents side and maybe 8 goes a bit to your pocket.

J.) Or caroming off the 10, hitting into the 13, the 13 slides towards your pocket a bit and cue ball is left below 11.

K.) or what about rearranging furniture. What about hitting at the 10, the 10 hits into the 11 and you make cue ball go 3 rails behind the rack.

L) **Actually maybe hit into the 10 ball and go 1 rail behind the rack.

I don't think I can see anything else right now. I know some of the things I mentioned are not correct AT all.

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Hi. Awesome! Thank you!!

Ok so what I see...I may be wrong. I'm still new lol.

A.) Ok so what about shooting at the 2 ball, and leaving cue ball safe in the rack?

B.) Or what about caroming off the 10 somehow and sending cue ball past 11 somehow?

C.) Or what about hitting at the 2 ball to move those balls, will it send the 5 ball into the 6 closer to your pocket?

D.) Or carom off the 10 ball, into the rail and hit the 11 to knock away?

E.) What about kicking at the short rail, through the 14 and the 8, and knocking the 11 away?

F.) What about trying to kick at the back of the 9 and have the cue ball slide past the 8.

G.) This would be weird but imagine hitting into the 14, 13, 11 and sending the 11 kind of towards your side and having the cue ball be below the 13 and 14 on the short rail.

H.) Or hit off the 14 and go between the 8 and 9 and leave cue ball there

I.) Or hit off the 14, then cue ball hits into 8, leaving cue ball on opponents side and maybe 8 goes a bit to your pocket.

J.) Or caroming off the 10, hitting into the 13, the 13 slides towards your pocket a bit and cue ball is left below 11.

K.) or what about rearranging furniture. What about hitting at the 10, the 10 hits into the 11 and you make cue ball go 3 rails behind the rack.

L) **Actually maybe hit into the 10 ball and go 1 rail behind the rack.

I don't think I can see anything else right now. I know some of the things I mentioned are not correct AT all.

This is good to see some new folks diagramming like that. I might even send the 13 into the 11 and bank it toward my pocket and let the 13 go up table. I'm just not sure..

Alexonepockettrickshots

Verified Member
This is good to see some new folks diagramming like that. I might even send the 13 into the 11 and bank it toward my pocket and let the 13 go up table. I'm just not sure..

Hey, I don't think he can hit the 13 full enough for that. I think the 14 is in the way, don't you?

lll

Verified Member
alex
there is "how to" sticky
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6447
you will find a link to download greenshot the progam that lets you capture the layout and draw diagrams and text
also a link to a tutorial on how to use greenshot
once spend alittle time learning the program you will be able to diagram all you options
:)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Thanks a lot.
Yes, the greenshot is fantastic for a variety of things. Sometimes you can tell if a shot is possible only after drawing a line. It's still not perfect. Just like the shot we were talking about. It is very close, isn't it. ?But I think you are right..

Alexonepockettrickshots

Verified Member
Yes, the greenshot is fantastic for a variety of things. Sometimes you can tell if a shot is possible only after drawing a line. It's still not perfect. Just like the shot we were talking about. It is very close, isn't it. ?But I think you are right..

Hey that is a perfect line. Ya I don't think the 13 can be hit full enough to knock the 11 out of there. I don't really know. I'm new.

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
Bank the 10 into the 5 and float the cue ball down below the 11 or into the 11.

You will move several balls to your side. Also the 5 - 1 - 1 off the 15 into the 6 looks pretty wired to me :D

Mkbtank

Verified Member
So, what Ike did was crazy, but super effective. He shot the 14 into the 13 and 12, while drawing back up against the stack.

And left cliff this.... (Sorry for the dark pic)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21387490731.821628.jpg

lll

Verified Member
rod
thanks for helping us see things the way hey should be....:)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Thanks Rod. I'm uploading from my phone, so it's not a JPEG.

NH Steve

Administrator
So, what Ike did was crazy, but super effective. He shot the 14 into the 13 and 12, while drawing back up against the stack.

And left cliff this.... (Sorry for the dark pic)
View attachment 9272
To speculate on Ike's thought process, he probably did first look to see if he could shoot the 13 into the 11, but then he saw the 14 blocked that -- so he just used the 14 to do the same idea with the 13 & 11 :D :D