Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Dang it.
I'm never gonna catch one of these things.
After all the voting occurred we found out we're expecting another little one that same week.
Playing in a pool tournament 2000 miles away might be, frowned upon...

Sorry to miss out. Ya'll have fun. Play nice!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
kind of off topic but on my drive into work this morning, they were talking about the list of the best and worst places to live to be "happy" based on depression, economics, jobs, etc....

Cincinnati wasn't on either list this time although I remember it being pretty low on the last one I saw.

BUT, guess where #1 was?

Fremont, CA!

The DJ's had never heard of it so they were look it up, but in any case - maybe it's the "best coast" after all? :)

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
kind of off topic but on my drive into work this morning, they were talking about the list of the best and worst places to live to be "happy" based on depression, economics, jobs, etc....

Cincinnati wasn't on either list this time although I remember it being pretty low on the last one I saw.

BUT, guess where #1 was?

Fremont, CA!

The DJ's had never heard of it so they were look it up, but in any case - maybe it's the "best coast" after all? :)

Our local classic rock station did the same report this morning! St. Paul, MN was in the top 10 if I remember correctly.

chicagomike

Verified Member
I'm not sure if I'm going to make this one. My vacation time is pretty much accounted for already. If I can make it I won't know until much closer to the event.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Bumping this up. There are only 11 registered for the event so far and I have not received any "maybes" either.

it just seems that there was more interest and synergy with new orleans and chicago. two months out for both of those events, seems like there was a full or almost full field, lots of chatter about it, guys wanting to get verified, etc.... i don't know if it is the lack of west coast players who have/haven't signed up, travel logistics for a large portion of the membership, the upcoming seniors event, or what....

icbw, just my take.

regardless of all of that and as a courtesy to matt collecting entries and trying to gauge turnout, i'm personally gonna have to sit this one out.

i'd hate to see this fledgling annual event fall by the wayside and encourage the cali guys to step up and get this going....look forward to the stream.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Bumping this up. There are only 11 registered for the event so far and I have not received any "maybes" either.

it just seems that there was more interest and synergy with new orleans and chicago. two months out for both of those events, seems like there was a full or almost full field, lots of chatter about it, guys wanting to get verified, etc.... i don't know if it is the lack of west coast players who have/haven't signed up, travel logistics for a large portion of the membership, the upcoming seniors event, or what....

icbw, just my take.

regardless of all of that and as a courtesy to matt collecting entries and trying to gauge turnout, i'm personally gonna have to sit this one out.

i'd hate to see this fledgling annual event fall by the wayside and encourage the cali guys to step up and get this going....look forward to the stream.

guys, there were 33 votes for california.....just sayn'......

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13673&highlight=member's

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I hope the lack of entrants is not because of the fake news about how bad a state is California. California is beautiful and divergent, the people and the country. Fremont California is a beautiful portion of our great country and where the pool room is located, :eek: is central to many other parts of California. Berkeley, 25 minutes, San Francisco, 35 minuets, Monterey Bay Aquarium, two hours, beautiful Santa Cruz California, home to Fast Eddy’s Billiards, 45 minutes. Asian food, eyetalian food, Mexican food, hamburglers, any, all types of pizza, junk food. Yosemite, the most beautiful National Park I have ever seen, three hours. Silicon Valley, Apple, Google, Intel, all within one hour. And best of all, one of the most beautiful places to play pool you will ever play, California Billiards. Southwest has tickets that are less expensive than almost any other airline. Book now and it’s cheeeeep.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I would love to play in the 2018 Members Tournament...but there is just one small component missing to enable me to do that = lack of a stakehorse....:cool:...

This stakehorse necessitated unfortunately by my current financial situation consisting of severe business decline, medical bills, etc....:(...:frus...

So I would reluctantly and embarassingly accept a partnership with a stakehorse...:eek:....myself not needing fancy accommodations, or expensive meals, I figure $1,350 should cover plane ticket, hotel, meals, & tournament entry...and of course gambling stakehorsing at the venue would also be accepted (and highly recommended)...:heh...

First gentleman/entrepeneur that pm's me to jump on this lucrative money-making opportunity gets the position - act fast, don't miss out...:cool:...

- Ghost

Ps, I'm in dead stroke...only guys who would have any chance of beating me out there are Oscar, Amar, & John Schmidt...:heh

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I would love to play in the 2018 Members Tournament...but there is just one small component missing to enable me to do that = lack of a stakehorse....:cool:...

This stakehorse necessitated unfortunately by my current financial situation consisting of severe business decline, medical bills, etc....:(...:frus...

So I would reluctantly and embarassingly accept a partnership with a stakehorse...:eek:....myself not needing fancy accommodations, or expensive meals, I figure $1,350 should cover plane ticket, hotel, meals, & tournament entry...and of course gambling stakehorsing at the venue would also be accepted (and highly recommended)...:heh...

First gentleman/entrepeneur that pm's me to jump on this lucrative money-making opportunity gets the position - act fast, don't miss out...:cool:...

- Ghost

Ps, I'm in dead stroke...only guys who would have any chance of beating me out there are Oscar, Amar, & John Schmidt...:heh

They won’t be there so you are a cinch. Hope to see you there.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

- Ghost

All the helpless hacks you play you’d think you’d have lots of money :D