Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

Thank you Mitch for the compliment and the hustle. I have no idea how you play. Asking for a spot is NOT "meeting in the middle." Maybe I'm the one who needs 9-7! I'm a 73 year old man who is long over the hill. Everything I wrote about happened 25-50 years ago! I may be the softest player in the field today.

I'm sure you're younger than me and shoot straighter as well, but I'm not afraid to step up and play even with someone I don't know just to see how we match up. If you're an expert at Back Pocket 9-Ball, that tells me you are more than a beginner. It will be nice to meet you as well. :)

P.S. Philly's own Jimmy Fusco was a great Bank Pool player!

Hahha. Absolutely Jay!! Even it is. Win or lose I’d love to battle some. That’s one of my favorite things about 1p.org is playing as many brethren as I can. As far as the spot it’s just how we’re raised in the halls here. You have to take the shot 😂. And for Jimmy.. I am happy to say that he was a friend of mine. Although that doesn’t make me special because if you knew Jimmy, he made everyone feel like a friend, but it does make me fortunate. Side note: he kicked my ass in 3 Cushion about 3 months before he passed. I’ll see you there! We have a game sir 👍.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
7 FONT Toolbar :)

7 FONT Toolbar :)

Entry paid, check
Flight booked,check, arrive on Thursday at 1130 in the afternoon
Room booked, check, staying with mr. Henderson.

Mr. Newkirk, Mitch, Nick, and anyone else who needs extra cash please add me to your dance card on Thursday evening. We can have our own little tournament where you keep playing even if you have lost 3 games. Lol

Really hope my stuck horse on his high horse will saddle up and get his butt in gear and get his tail out of Washington for a little pool action and a couple of good belly laughs.

Matt I need an xl polo, I have started to blossom a bit since retirement.

Get your engines started boys this is going to be a hell of a ride.:eek:

B

.................:frus :D

C ya soon............:D

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Ogburn entered an open tournament Bill... At Bogies, remember? :)
Good player, always was and still is at 75 years old, he won it...

I was just giving an example....thinking he had made zero posts before .........then he heard about the event and he came. To me No one intimidates me in match play, played em all pretty much, Miz was a no show, then a reschedule :).

I was just thinking of the ''others'', that's all I intended with my statement. Remember, I flunked HS freshman English, and had to do Summer school for 3 yrs, and I lived ON a lake AND I CAN'T WRITE FOR CHIT*, that was a killer when you were a young man and the Beach boys were hittin' their stride.:frus

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Frank Espinoza

Frank Espinoza

From Denver, and X cop....staked Medina often....he's in his eighties. Loves that golf game. I Recommend him for San Jose' event. He also played in Houston, when it didn't rain. MUCH :D He got sick his last entry in San Jose.

Last edited:

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I would like to get the shirt orders wrapped up today if possible as I want to make sure the shirts can arrive on time for the tournament. If you miss the initial order, it will be possible to order more shirts at a later date. Thanks!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I would like to get the shirt orders wrapped up today if possible as I want to make sure the shirts can arrive on time for the tournament. If you miss the initial order, it will be possible to order more shirts at a later date. Thanks!

as an owner of the first 2 and soon to be this one as well, I can attest for the quality and value of the polo shirts.

They fit very nicely and are comfortable / breathable.

Make good shirts to play in tournaments to spread the word and also look a little more professional if you choose to... :)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I wish I was rich... instead of being so damned good looking... :) lol
That was one of my pops favorites... I use it sometimes even though I’m about as good looking as a bar of homemade soap...

I might make it fellas, I think I have the winning ticket over the visor in my car, however, if by some really unlucky coincidence I don’t hit the lotto, good luck to all, play hard, and have a great time... See ya in the Fall, if I see ya at all...

Jeff

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I wish I was rich... instead of being so damned good looking... :) lol
That was one of my pops favorites... I use it sometimes even though I’m about as good looking as a bar of homemade soap...

I might make it fellas, I think I have the winning ticket over the visor in my car, however, if by some really unlucky coincidence I don’t hit the lotto, good luck to all, play hard, and have a great time... See ya in the Fall, if I see ya at all...

Jeff

We are planning a trip to come to Houston in the fall to see Lizz's parents. We need to get together and play some and have a libation or 6!!

StockmarketPaul

Greetings,

I am a regular at california billiards. I would like to play. I dont have paypal or a check, but i have 100$ i can give to who ever, where ever, when ever.

If that is sufficent enough, then i will assume i am in and i will check back in this thread later today if their is a response with instructions as to payment of my entry fee.

I do not want a polo shirt. However, i do want FIRST PLACE.

Sincerely, StockmarketPaul.

Thanks.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Greetings,

I am a regular at california billiards. I would like to play. I dont have paypal or a check, but i have 100$ i can give to who ever, where ever, when ever.

If that is sufficent enough, then i will assume i am in and i will check back in this thread later today if their is a response with instructions as to payment of my entry fee.

I do not want a polo shirt. However, i do want FIRST PLACE.

Sincerely, StockmarketPaul.

Thanks.
First dibs for tournament entry is our Verified Members, who have been active for a while and make onepocket.org what it is! To fill out the field if there is room next up would be members who may not have been active enough to be Verified, but have at least been members for a while. As a new and fairly inactive member, you might have to wait until our next members only event. But if you are local -- show up for tournament weekend, which begins Friday afternoon, introduce yourself and -- cross your fingers lol.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
First dibs for tournament entry is our Verified Members, who have been active for a while and make onepocket.org what it is! To fill out the field if there is room next up would be members who may not have been active enough to be Verified, but have at least been members for a while. As a new and fairly inactive member, you might have to wait until our next members only event. But if you are local -- show up for tournament weekend, which begins Friday afternoon, introduce yourself and -- cross your fingers lol.

I know this Magoo. He’s alright, but he has to do what we require of everyone or a Members Only tournament means nothing. Ok, it’s easy and fun. Just start posting on what shots you would shoot, WWYD’s, :heh and participate in the forums. You would be surprised at the number of your friends who are already members. Good luck in the tournament, got any tips?

Last edited:

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Dead Money is in the pot

Dead Money is in the pot

OK all you red blooded Americans. One stupid Canadian in the pot.

Arriving Thursday PM. Anyone bidding on me in the Calcutta is ignorant. No shirt required. I'm bringing my own.

Attachments

• dead-money_black_1_1024x1024.jpg
    dead-money_black_1_1024x1024.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 0

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
OK all you red blooded Americans. One stupid Canadian in the pot.

Arriving Thursday PM. Anyone bidding on me in the Calcutta is ignorant. No shirt required. I'm bringing my own.

Glad you can make it, you will liven up the activities.

Please don’t trap me on the snooker table in a golf game.:D

Weren’t you 3rd in Chicago? I am starting you off at $200 in the players auction.:heh

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Glad you can make it, you will liven up the activities.

Please don’t trap me on the snooker table in a golf game.:D

Weren’t you 3rd in Chicago? I am starting you off at $200 in the players auction.:heh

Yes he was John!

He is a sneaky one, that Nick.. :)

I had him 2-0 on the ropes and he came back and put a 3 pack on me to knock me in the losers in Chicago...good shooting sir ~

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Entry Fee for New Member

Entry Fee for New Member

Hi Matt,

I just sent you an entry fee for Chris Cruz. Chris is an up and coming one pocket player who loves the game. He is busy working the rest of the month and did not know if they would let him play at California Billiards next month. Chris is well known around here and would like to play. Can we get other supporters of Chris to voice his entry?