Now that we know our tournament is in Chicago...

Now that we know our tournament is in Chicago...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I just heard from John Rizzo and James Christopher, they want to ride up with me to Chicago and play in the 2nd Annual One Pocket.Org Member tournament... We would like to post our entry fees and get on the list of participants as soon as the information about where to send the entry fees is provided.. I believe Matt and Lizz have volunteered to ramrod this event, so if they see this post, perhaps they will provide all of us with that information..
We are at 3 and counting...:) Oh, and also Matt, are you planning on limiting the field to the first 32 paid entries or are you going unlimited entries this year because Chris's Billiards has plenty of tables to accommodate a larger field?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Rob....I would be so honored to have you at my home poolroom, that I would absolutely insist on getting all of your drinks for you...

Loved this, both the top and the bottom posts...
Let the woofing begin and the Jar come in...:lol

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I just heard from John Rizzo and James Christopher, they want to ride up with me to Chicago and play in the 2nd Annual One Pocket.Org Member tournament... We would like to post our entry fees and get on the list of participants as soon as the information about where to send the entry fees is provided.. I believe Matt and Lizz have volunteered to ramrod this event, so if they see this post, perhaps they will provide all of us with that information..
We are at 3 and counting...:) Oh, and also Matt, are you planning on limiting the field to the first 32 paid entries or are you going unlimited entries this year because Chris's Billiards has plenty of tables to accommodate a larger field?

I think we are just waiting for them to finalize which weekend dates it will happen on. I think Steve is coordinating that with Ghost and as soon as we know when, then members can start RSVPing with entry fees. I cant remember if I posted this somewhere or just "thought" it. Would it be strictly a first come first serve based on paid entry fees? I think that's probably the fairest way to do it imo.

Also I think Steve said in some thread that we would use the same format (32 players) but you do bring up a good point with a larger pool room so who knows. :)

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I think we are just waiting for them to finalize which weekend dates it will happen on. I think Steve is coordinating that with Ghost and as soon as we know when, then members can start RSVPing with entry fees. I cant remember if I posted this somewhere or just "thought" it. Would it be strictly a first come first serve based on paid entry fees? I think that's probably the fairest way to do it imo.

Also I think Steve said in some thread that we would use the same format (32 players) but you do bring up a good point with a larger pool room so who knows. :)

The poll has two more days left so the month hasn't even been decided...

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The poll has two more days left so the month hasn't even been decided...

What weekends do the Cubs play in June? June 2-11
16, 17, 18 open for OP play
23, 24, 25 open for OP play
30, 1, 2 July

I suggest the weekend of 16-18 and that will give us a chance to see basaballa too.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
What weekends do the Cubs play in June? June 2-11
16, 17, 18 open for OP play
23, 24, 25 open for OP play
30, 1, 2 July

I suggest the weekend of 16-18 and that will give us a chance to see basaballa too.

If we want to see baseball Fri-June 2 Cards 1:20 Friday June 9 Rockies 1:20 Both afternoon games or Monday the 19th 7:00 Be difficult to see them Sat or Sunday both day games unless your out of the tourney... Of course i doubt anybody is going to schedule us just for baseball...lol

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
If we want to see baseball Fri-June 2 Cards 1:20 Friday June 9 Rockies 1:20 Both afternoon games or Monday the 19th 7:00 Be difficult to see them Sat or Sunday both day games unless your out of the tourney... Of course i doubt anybody is going to schedule us just for baseball...lol

I was hoping someone would provide a list of nearby construction sites. I like to monitor the painting. :D

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I was hoping someone would provide a list of nearby construction sites. I like to monitor the painting. :D

On the way to NOLA last year i must have drove by one. My new black truck got white paint over spray all over it... So i'm good on that thanks!

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN

Lizz and I are in for sure on any weekend in June or July. I will start collecting entry fees when everything is decided. I need to talk to Steve about the 32 player limit but it seemed to work out well last year. If there is room for more, I am fine with that as well.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Steve and I have talked about the 32 player limit, and there's some pertinent info re. that, based on the poolroom itself, that I will share soon.

- Ghost

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Lizz and I are in for sure on any weekend in June or July. I will start collecting entry fees when everything is decided. I need to talk to Steve about the 32 player limit but it seemed to work out well last year. If there is room for more, I am fine with that as well.

Thanks Matt, and in case Liz doesn't read the forum, please thank her for us... You guys are doing a big service for all of us, hope it doesn't drive you crazy from now until then... It's gonna be a bit of a load, but I know you're up to the mark...:)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Steve and I have talked about the 32 player limit, and there's some pertinent info re. that, based on the poolroom itself, that I will share soon.

- Ghost

Good work Sir,
Thank you for all you are doing to help Bruce, but don't think for a second it's gonna garner you any favors from this crowd, :heh and after what you posted about the winner of last years tournament spotting everybody a ball.... Well, don't be looking for a fruit basket in the mail from me this Christmas...:D
Thanks Ghost...

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
doubt i'll play in the tourney..... work midnights so i play pool when ive gotten enough sleep and feel good--going to chicago is like a mini vacation, and dont want to ruin it by stressing about sleep so i'll just head over whenever and we'll share stories and play some hopefully......