Now that we know our tournament is in Chicago...

Now that we know our tournament is in Chicago...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I've got a great idea for a new rule to put in place for our tournament - here it is ----->

The winner of the previous years tournament (Jeff Sparks/aka tall Jeff) has to spot everyone a ball in this years tournament...:eek:...:heh...:p

PS, We can always get rid of the rule after this year...:D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I've got a great idea for a new rule to put in place for our tournament - here it is ----->

The winner of the previous years tournament (Jeff Sparks/aka tall Jeff) has to spot everyone a ball in this years tournament...:eek:...:heh...:p

PS, We can always get rid of the rule after this year...:D

Chickenshiiiiiit!

Does this mean you only intend to play when it's in Chicago,

OR

Does it mean that by next year you intend to be..... wait a minute..... Chikenshiiiiit! :D

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I just found out the other day from Buddy why JC's name is Sniper...lol

One bullet------one kill... He came outta the gate like the roadrunner....beep beep...

I should know, when we were young, we played each other a lot... I gave him that name! One time he jumped up 7 games on me, right outta the box... I caught a gear and got back to even, then won the next game... He quit... I said to all who were listening, "You're just like a Sniper in a tree, you fire one bullet!" The name stuck...He hated it back then, but now that he's got money, he's kinda proud of it.

Back in those days, we played by the game, James was poor, and so was I... In fact one of my favorite expressions is; "I started with nothin, and still got most of it!"

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
One bullet------one kill... He came outta the gate like the roadrunner....beep beep...

I should know, when we were young, we played each other a lot... I gave him that name! One time he jumped up 7 games on me, right outta the box... I caught a gear and got back to even, then won the next game... He quit... I said to all who were listening, "You're just like a Sniper in a tree, you fire one bullet!" The name stuck...He hated it back then, but now that he's got money, he's kinda proud of it.

Back in those days, we played by the game, James was poor, and so was I... In fact one of my favorite expressions is; "I started with nothin, and still got most of it!"

Thats funny Jeff, yea i didn't think he minded or i wouldn't have said anything, he used it as his username when he signed up. hahaha

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
We are definitely good for June as well but it does not appear that I can change my vote. I talked to Ghost earlier and Lizz and I are definitely still good to go for being the tourney directors and treasurer.

Well, mostly Lizz because she is the organized one and won't be playing!!!!

I will also take care of getting shirts made again this year.

I really look forward to seeing everyone again and having another great event!

Matt

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
We are definitely good for June as well but it does not appear that I can change my vote. I talked to Ghost earlier and Lizz and I are definitely still good to go for being the tourney directors and treasurer.

Well, mostly Lizz because she is the organized one and won't be playing!!!!

I will also take care of getting shirts made again this year.

I really look forward to seeing everyone again and having another great event!

Matt

Glad to hear you and Lizz are likely going to make it again this year and that you are willing to take all of that on!

If we end up doing shirts again (which I hope we do), we should have time to finalize the new onepocket.org logo to show it off on some new shirts! :)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Thats funny Jeff, yea i didn't think he minded or i wouldn't have said anything, he used it as his username when he signed up. hahaha

He has it engraved on his leather cue case in big bold letters... Like I said, he likes it now...:) and in reference to LSJohn's post, he is a super nice guy, warm and friendly all the time... I talked to him a few days ago just to see if he was interested in going this year and he really didn't know yet... He's a very good player as some of you know, and should have beat me in the final last year... I think he just felt sorry for me and let me win... It looked like he bet on me... :)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Well I let you guys have your fun last time. However this time there is a good chance I will come and steal this money. If I decide to come Im going to wear a ski mask the whole tournament.. no joke...:heh

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well I let you guys have your fun last time. However this time there is a good chance I will come and steal this money. If I decide to come Im going to wear a ski mask the whole tournament.. no joke...:heh

Rob....I would be so honored to have you at my home poolroom, that I would absolutely insist on getting all of your drinks for you...

Attachments

• 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000X.jpg
    0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000X.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 0

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I believe August is the worst. I'm planning on playing so I'm hoping for mid July

mid july is what i'm hoping for as well. looking at a calendar, weekend after the fourth (falls on a tuesday) might make sense for the those who aren't retired or self employed...lol. with work and what not, if a date isn't set soon, i might be bunk. it fills up fast.

moot point. looks like june is currently leading the league.....

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I believe August is the worst. I'm planning on playing so I'm hoping for mid July

If youre talking about weather, there is no difference between hot muggy July and hot muggy August except after a hot muggy month of July, you still have another hot muggy month of August. But them again, if you live in hot muggy places during the summer, one hot muggy day is just as bad as the next hot muggy day. One think to be great full about is how hot it would be if climate change were real.:frus:lol:lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Are we going to have another poll to determine what weekend we are having the tournament? My only suggestion would be to have a weekend that the Cubs are not in town. I would like to go to some games while I am there but I cant go to any White Sox games. I got rid of my baggy pants.:cool::eek:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
If youre talking about weather, there is no difference between hot muggy July and hot muggy August except after a hot muggy month of July, you still have another hot muggy month of August. But them again, if you live in hot muggy places during the summer, one hot muggy day is just as bad as the next hot muggy day. One think to be great full about is how hot it would be if climate change were real.:frus:lol:lol

You a funny guy. Hot muggy July, that's Arizona. Talk about hot, how about the Central Valley of California. I spent 20 years in Detroit, similar weather, the end of July starts getting hot.

How about the weekend of July 8 or 15

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Are we going to have another poll to determine what weekend we are having the tournament? My only suggestion would be to have a weekend that the Cubs are not in town. I would like to go to some games while I am there but I cant go to any White Sox games. I got rid of my baggy pants.:cool::eek:

Cubs/Cards July 21st, 22nd 23rd at Wrigley, then Monday and Tuesday July 24th and 25th the White Sox will be at Wrigley.. You wouldn't even have to wear your baggy pants or your old folks sweater...lol

BTW i voted for June only, but July also works for me if it helps folks who can't make it in June...

GriffinG

Verified Member
From
NW Indiana
Mid-late July sounds great! If you've never been to Wrigley, make sure you get bleacher seats. as long as you're not too sun-averse, it's an experience all in itself. make sure you leave several hours of pre-game time in Wrigleyville before the game!