Now that we know our tournament is in Chicago...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
What months work for you? Again, this is a multiple choice pool -- but only if you make all your picks before you click on "Vote Now"!! If you hit "Vote Now" after one choice, that is it -- you are done, because you cannot go back and edit your vote at all.

Also, please vote if you are intending to probably go to Chris's Billiards in Chicago, for the 2nd annual OnePocket.org member tournament

This is only a 5 day poll.

Last edited:

chicagomike

Verified Member
June is also good for me although I did not select it as an additional option.

Renegade_56

Verified Member
I'm curious how many people actually go to these, and how many times has it happened.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I'm curious how many people actually go to these, and how many times has it happened.

Last year was our first and we had 32 entrants. 30 were verified members, one was let in by accident, and another got in as a friend of several members and just came to watch, but was entered after we had a last-minute cancellation.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I voted for all months because as long as I have notice, I should be able to go any month.

However, if I were to choose when, I would pick one of the earlier ones (May or June).

September, even though was when last year's event was, seems to me too close to Bogie's senior event in October and then right around the corner is DCC.

I will go whenever its decided, this is just my 2 cents..

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I voted for all months because as long as I have notice, I should be able to go any month.

However, if I were to choose when, I would pick one of the earlier ones (May or June).

September, even though was when last year's event was, seems to me too close to Bogie's senior event in October and then right around the corner is DCC.

I will go whenever its decided, this is just my 2 cents..

I like July the best because we have 2 weddings in May. I might be able to make an exception as long as you spot me big enough!!!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Steve, if you are going to establish an annual tournament, establish an annual month, date.

That might be a good idea -- but since we are planning to move it around the country I can see leaving it flexible. For example CA Billiards was suggesting holding ours adjacent to their 5000 added One Pocket event.

I think we should start the conversation earlier in the year though -- like right after DCC so there is more time between the decisions and the date.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Last year was our first and we had 32 entrants. 30 were verified members, one was let in by accident, and another got in as a friend of several members and just came to watch, but was entered after we had a last-minute cancellation.

Our first OnePocket.org tournament was not too long after the Bogies senior One Pocket events and I believe we allowed one or two courtesy entries of players from that into our own event, even though they are not active in the our forum. One of them was a pretty good senior player James Christopher, who is probably the one that got in accidentally via the camaraderie that carried over from the Bogies senior events, which he played in, and the other was John Rizzo of Bogies for the same reason.

I think they both added to the camaraderie of our tournament and I would vote to let them in again.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Our first OnePocket.org tournament was not too long after the Bogies senior One Pocket events and I believe we allowed one or two courtesy entries of players from that into our own event, even though they are not active in the our forum. One of them was a pretty good senior player James Christopher, who is probably the one that got in accidentally via the camaraderie that carried over from the Bogies senior events, which he played in, and the other was John Rizzo of Bogies for the same reason.

I think they both added to the camaraderie of our tournament and I would vote to let them in again.

I have no problem with Christopher stealing the money:heh

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Well..... do tell??

I didn't know this. I thought it meant a straight shooter. But Buddy told me a pool sniper means he will only fire one barrel at you. I guess he was well known for that back in the day hence the nickname. When he was rehashing it with him he said Buddy, what most people didn't know is most of the time i only HAD one barrel...lol Which i thought made the story cool and the nickname kind of undeserved

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I didn't know this. I thought it meant a straight shooter. But Buddy told me a pool sniper means he will only fire one barrel at you. I guess he was well known for that back in the day hence the nickname. When he was rehashing it with him he said Buddy, what most people didn't know is most of the time i only HAD one barrel...lol Which i thought made the story cool and the nickname kind of undeserved

When I first moved to LaLa land in 76-81, the snipers there I named em, Bull Frogs. These over fed good players would just sit, wait and eventually a fly would land on the table which he gobbled up. He too was a one barrel artist, and he also played real good....With that BIG overweight Cue Ball[/U.Bullfrogs from the 60's--80's made their livin' parkin it on the right stool at the right time in the right place. Snipers tho sounds like a good hunting term that also, has that snake feel, of which there are a few on the Mississippi mud.