Newly discovered photos of 70's & 80's pool action

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
OnePocket.org is pleased to present a few photos from Midwestern pool tournaments from '78 - '82. These were shot by a then-student at several tournaments over the course of his college years (as I understand it). He kind of recently discovered his old negatives and has been having a good time going through them, and he is willing to share some with us. Of course, you will recognize a few players....

Thank you, DR!!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
steve i recognize ronnie (barely he so skinny:eek: ) but maybe you could tell us who is in the pictures

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well the guy in the middle photo made an appearance in The Color of Money :)

The guy shooting in the top photo was honored as our "Lifetime Pool in Action" guy in January 2009...

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
NH Steve said:
Well the guy in the middle photo made an appearance in The Color of Money :)

The guy shooting in the top photo was honored as our "Lifetime Pool in Action" guy in January 2009...

I thought that looked like Flyboy, do you know the venue?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
The guy sitting to the left of flyer (looking at the pic) is Billy Jordan. He put in with Fly, Staked him sometimes in the 70's. Part owner of Fast Eddies pool room in Houston.
Rod.
PS, Who could miss KEITH ?

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
I saw something

I saw something

In the picture with Ronnie and Jay, seated to the farthest left is Richie Ambrose and what looks like Belinda Campos Beardon.

Deeman

Verified Member
androd said:
The guy sitting to the left of flyer (looking at the pic) is Billy Jordan. He put in with Fly, Staked him sometimes in the 70's. Part owner of Fast Eddies pool room in Houston.
Rod.
PS, Who could miss KEITH ?

Rod,

Are those bell bottoms cool or what? :) I had forgotten what we were wearing back then. I still have all my hair but it's been a while since I've seen Keith with that much.

Great pics...

DeeMan

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Deeman said:
Rod,

Are those bell bottoms cool or what? :) I had forgotten what we were wearing back then. I still have all my hair but it's been a while since I've seen Keith with that much.

Great pics...

DeeMan

Thanks Steve! yeah those bell bottoms are stylin' huh.... It also looks like he stole part of Freddy's Captain America suit... I see a star or two.:D

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I agree

I agree

Grady said:
In the picture with Ronnie and Jay, seated to the farthest left is Richie Ambrose and what looks like Belinda Campos Beardon.

For a real stretch, the guy to the left of Keith, the pretty boy, looks like Keith Squirrel Thompson. The bearded guy in the other picture is not Buddy Hall. Buddy was a flyweight back then.

Beard

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
fred bentivegna said:
For a real stretch, the guy to the left of Keith, the pretty boy, looks like Keith Squirrel Thompson. The bearded guy in the other picture is not Buddy Hall. Buddy was a flyweight back then.

Beard

Guess again "Squirrel" was a flyweight himself. A skinny Buddy outweighed him by 30 lbs.:)
Rod.