Newly discovered photos of 70's & 80's pool action

NH Steve

Administrator
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
8,595
OnePocket.org is pleased to present a few photos from Midwestern pool tournaments from '78 - '82. These were shot by a then-student at several tournaments over the course of his college years (as I understand it). He kind of recently discovered his old negatives and has been having a good time going through them, and he is willing to share some with us. Of course, you will recognize a few players....

Thank you, DR!!





 

usblues

Verified Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
1,320
Great pic's

Great pic's

Swanny and Ronnie,the terrible twins,great pic's,thanks,B
 

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
14,691
steve i recognize ronnie (barely he so skinny:eek: ) but maybe you could tell us who is in the pictures
 

NH Steve

Administrator
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
8,595
Well the guy in the middle photo made an appearance in The Color of Money :)

The guy shooting in the top photo was honored as our "Lifetime Pool in Action" guy in January 2009...
 

oldspurguy

Verified Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2007
Messages
337
NH Steve said:
Well the guy in the middle photo made an appearance in The Color of Money :)

The guy shooting in the top photo was honored as our "Lifetime Pool in Action" guy in January 2009...
I thought that looked like Flyboy, do you know the venue?
 

androd

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
7,134
The guy sitting to the left of flyer (looking at the pic) is Billy Jordan. He put in with Fly, Staked him sometimes in the 70's. Part owner of Fast Eddies pool room in Houston.
Rod.
PS, Who could miss KEITH ?
 

NH Steve

Administrator
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
8,595
oldspurguy said:
I thought that looked like Flyboy, do you know the venue?
I believe he said it was something like the "Electrician's Hall" in St. Louis, 1979.
 

Grady

Verified Member
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
491
I saw something

I saw something

In the picture with Ronnie and Jay, seated to the farthest left is Richie Ambrose and what looks like Belinda Campos Beardon.
 

androd

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
7,134
Grady said:
In the picture with Ronnie and Jay, seated to the farthest left is Richie Ambrose and what looks like Belinda Campos Beardon.
You still have an eye like a eagle. ;)
Rod.
 

Deeman

Verified Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
1,333
androd said:
The guy sitting to the left of flyer (looking at the pic) is Billy Jordan. He put in with Fly, Staked him sometimes in the 70's. Part owner of Fast Eddies pool room in Houston.
Rod.
PS, Who could miss KEITH ?
Rod,

Are those bell bottoms cool or what? :) I had forgotten what we were wearing back then. I still have all my hair but it's been a while since I've seen Keith with that much.

Great pics...

DeeMan
 

vapros

Verified Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
3,313
In the first picture, who's the bearded guy? Not Buddy Hall, is it?
 

CaliRed

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
1,963
Deeman said:
Rod,

Are those bell bottoms cool or what? :) I had forgotten what we were wearing back then. I still have all my hair but it's been a while since I've seen Keith with that much.

Great pics...

DeeMan
Thanks Steve! yeah those bell bottoms are stylin' huh.... It also looks like he stole part of Freddy's Captain America suit... I see a star or two.:D
 

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
6,690
I agree

I agree

Grady said:
In the picture with Ronnie and Jay, seated to the farthest left is Richie Ambrose and what looks like Belinda Campos Beardon.
For a real stretch, the guy to the left of Keith, the pretty boy, looks like Keith Squirrel Thompson. The bearded guy in the other picture is not Buddy Hall. Buddy was a flyweight back then.

Beard
 

androd

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
7,134
fred bentivegna said:
For a real stretch, the guy to the left of Keith, the pretty boy, looks like Keith Squirrel Thompson. The bearded guy in the other picture is not Buddy Hall. Buddy was a flyweight back then.

Beard
Guess again "Squirrel" was a flyweight himself. A skinny Buddy outweighed him by 30 lbs.:)
Rod.
 

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
6,690
Looks like him, but probably not

Looks like him, but probably not

mosconiac said:
Is that Kim Davenport in the first pic (black shirt on left)?
I think Kim was much to young to be in that pic.

Beard
 
Top